Who should be vice captain ?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
The coach seems to like Shane Parkers attitude and Bell thinks Macca is a great guy.

Should we have one or two vice captains ?.

Parker "bleeds" for the team but is shy with the media and some may wish for Macca to concentrate on his own game.

Of the younger set, Brown may have what it takes considering he won the Best Clubman award last year.

Pav and JLo are still busy learning their trade. Hazelby is very laid back, like the Danihers, but I also think he has to concentrate this year.

Originally posted by masai
The coach seems to like Shane Parkers attitude and Bell thinks Macca is a great guy.

Should we have one or two vice captains ?.

Parker "bleeds" for the team but is shy with the media and some may wish for Macca to concentrate on his own game.

Of the younger set, Brown may have what it takes considering he won the Best Clubman award last year.

Pav and JLo are still busy learning their trade. Hazelby is very laid back, like the Danihers, but I also think he has to concentrate this year.
Trent Croad gets my vote as vice captain for the dockers!!
I think that they should have two of them. It makes a much better team to play against.

Well, The Age listed Bell, Matthew Pavlich, Leigh Brown, Clive Waterhouse, Jeff Farmer, Trent Croad, Paul Hasleby, Shaun McManus, Troy Cook and Justin Longmuir as the "leadership team" for next year, so most likely the vice captain will come from that group. The particular article also said that Freo was looking for long-term solutions, so chances are they will be looking to appoint a vice-captain who will be around for a few years.

None of the players seems perfect to me, but probably Cook and Longmuir look the least worst to me. Clive is a maybe, but there is a fair chance he will miss games during the season, so thats not helpful.

Interesting that Parker is not on the list. I'd be pleased to see Parker get the job, but again, I'm not sure he has what it takes.

Re: Are you sure Suzie????

Originally posted by anchor man
Are you sure we should have two Trent Croads Suz???
I'm with you VOR Macca for me.
Not two Trent Croads but two vice captains.

Trent Croad and Shane Parker for my votes

Sorry Suz just trying to be funny.My choice is still Macca,but I have heard along the grape vine that he is no chance.PITY.If not macca Yeah I could handle Parks having the job.Nice to see a Victorian supporting the Dockers.Are you from Vic originally or have you moved there???Keep on supporting Suz as we are on the road to success.

Originally posted by anchor man
Sorry Suz just trying to be funny.My choice is still Macca,but I have heard along the grape vine that he is no chance.PITY.If not macca Yeah I could handle Parks having the job.Nice to see a Victorian supporting the Dockers.Are you from Vic originally or have you moved there???Keep on supporting Suz as we are on the road to success.
I will be supporting you guys.

Except when you play the Hawks!!!:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pavlich for mine, he may be young but he seems pretty sensible. Also giving him a leadership role may give the club more leverage when his contract is up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who should be vice captain ?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back