Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A scientist to clone le cras so he can play midfield and forward what a GGGUUUNNN!!!!

As far as looks go we have, Sheppard. :thumbsu:

In terms of style of play i can't think a player more similar to LeCras than Weedon.

Smooth moving midfielder who plays in a similar style to him, silky foot skills, strong leading mark. Id love LeCras to take him under his wing this preseason and show him how it's done on the training track.

With Brisbane having a shocker of a season after alegedly "topping up" in trade week and constant rumours about Voss, his right hand man and a few unhappy campers in assistant coaches and players I think we should be looking at what ex WA players fit our needs.

Sherman - a quick goal kicking midfielder / HFF. Has had an inconsistant season but on a couple of occassions has kicked a bag and hurt the opposition. Ex Eagles fan.:thumbsu:

Banfield - every team needs a ranga and again he's a small, fast ..... very fast midfield / forward.

Clarke - dreaming a bit here but IMO this guy is the perfect replacemnt for Cox. Clarke can comfortably play FF / CHF and he loves a run in the ruck. When NickNat is our #1 ruck Clarke is exactly the 2nd ruck you want, a KP goal kicker.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Of these three I think Sherman would be most likely and most affordable.

The Lions look like they've missed the boat and Brown and Fev won't get any better. As the young Eagles rise in the next 2 years the Lions will be finishing bottom 4 and players who want to play in a premiership will need to move elsewhere.

Has been mentioned that Zaharakis had been stiring up his mate Shuey into moving to Essendon.

Well firstly we should get Shuey re-signed and then get him to tell Zaharakis to move west.:p

Bombers are a shambles and their list is shocking, almost a 80% rebuild needed and thats during the period when GC and GWS will be gitting the drafts and trade week. When a 36 yr old is your best player and only A grader you know you have serious problems.

Definately the type we need, quick goal scoring HF / midfielder.

Has been mentioned that Zaharakis had been stiring up his mate Shuey into moving to Essendon.

Well firstly we should get Shuey re-signed and then get him to tell Zaharakis to move west.:p

Bombers are a shambles and their list is shocking, almost a 80% rebuild needed and thats during the period when GC and GWS will be gitting the drafts and trade week. When a 36 yr old is your best player and only A grader you know you have serious problems.

Definately the type we need, quick goal scoring HF / midfielder.

Obeanie1

Zaharakis is an Essendon supporter, growing up supporting the Bombers and living only minutes away from Windy Hill..

To play for his beloved Bombers is "unreal" according to him.

Add to that, he is our best user of the pill and surely you guys can't take that away from us? :eek:

If you get us picks 1,2,3 and give up Mark Lecras...

It's done :D:D

With Brisbane having a shocker of a season after alegedly "topping up" in trade week and constant rumours about Voss, his right hand man and a few unhappy campers in assistant coaches and players I think we should be looking at what ex WA players fit our needs.

Sherman - a quick goal kicking midfielder / HFF. Has had an inconsistant season but on a couple of occassions has kicked a bag and hurt the opposition. Ex Eagles fan.:thumbsu:

Banfield - every team needs a ranga and again he's a small, fast ..... very fast midfield / forward.

Clarke - dreaming a bit here but IMO this guy is the perfect replacemnt for Cox. Clarke can comfortably play FF / CHF and he loves a run in the ruck. When NickNat is our #1 ruck Clarke is exactly the 2nd ruck you want, a KP goal kicker.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Of these three I think Sherman would be most likely and most affordable.

The Lions look like they've missed the boat and Brown and Fev won't get any better. As the young Eagles rise in the next 2 years the Lions will be finishing bottom 4 and players who want to play in a premiership will need to move elsewhere.

Unless the W.A boys that play at Brissy are out of contract this year, WC should just sit tight and wait for free agency to commence before trying to lure them back to W.A.
WC may look a promising destination for interstate W.A players to come back to when the Eagles start maturing and becoming a power in the coming years. Free agency will come in at the right time for this.

What is really crap is the Bulldogs picking up two father son picks with a Wallace and a Libratore, both touted first rounders, with basically a 2nd and 3rd round pick this year.

And then the Swans will grab Mitchels son next year.

The Doggies might end up with 1 father son selection if a rival club out bids them. Which is possible considering that the Doggies are expected to be in the top 5.

Sorry to have to tell you this but Mitchels son is eligible for this years draft. There's a link to an article confirming this in one of the posts in the Sydney board.

With it looking more and more likely that will will not finish last and get pick four. are we still looking at a tall forward or best available player.

What are peoples thoughts on the SA wingman Jared Polec, looks a bit of a left footed Brad Sheppard with a body shape that looks similar to B. Goddard with a touch more speed.

With it looking more and more likely that will will not finish last and get pick four. are we still looking at a tall forward or best available player.

What are peoples thoughts on the SA wingman Jared Polec, looks a bit of a left footed Brad Sheppard with a body shape that looks similar to B. Goddard with a touch more speed.

Hard to guage how picks 5-8 will end up (assuming Gaff goes #4) but I reckon GC will add another big man #5 (probably Gorringe) leaving both Polec and Atley available #6.
Personally I would go for Atley as I think he has more all round ability but I can certainly make a case for Polec. He is quick, more outside that Atley and is a left footer which in a team of right footers actually makes a difference due to being able to switch direction with good penetration.

Something like
1. D Swallow
2. H. Bennell
3. S. Day (Suns)
4. A. Gaff (Bris)
5. Gorringe (Suns)
6. J. Darling (PA)
7. M. Watson (Suns)
(Big men take 2-3 years longer to develop so a spine of Day(FF) Gorringe(Ru)and Watson (CHB) would be appeling to the Suns)
8. S. Atley (Richmond)
9. B. Smith (Suns)
10. J. Polec (WC).

From this position would love to see WC end up with Jared Polec (SA), Jed Lamb (VC), Sam Gray (SA) and maybe Litherland (WA) I forget his first name but played as a tall halfback, number 35.

Something like
1. D Swallow
2. H. Bennell
3. S. Day (Suns)
4. A. Gaff (Bris)
5. Gorringe (Suns)
6. J. Darling (PA)
7. M. Watson (Suns)
(Big men take 2-3 years longer to develop so a spine of Day(FF) Gorringe(Ru)and Watson (CHB) would be appeling to the Suns)
8. S. Atley (Richmond)
9. B. Smith (Suns)
10. J. Polec (WC).

From this position would love to see WC end up with Jared Polec (SA), Jed Lamb (VC), Sam Gray (SA) and maybe Litherland (WA) I forget his first name but played as a tall halfback, number 35.

WC finishing 13th - think you are a little optimistic here. They only beat Ess who are a deadset rabble and whom I notice you have finsihing higher than WC

Josh Smith , maybe a low cost option may be okay epecially in his home state . Always in/out of NM team .

Lewis Jetta not a regular player in Sydney firsts , might come back !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bottom six is anyone guess, I havent put much time in to where exactly everyone will finish just a rough guess. I do think WC can win 3 of their remaining 6 games though.

Got a feeling it will be a very similar ending to last year....where WC finished 11th.

Lewis Jetta not a regular player in Sydney firsts , might come back !
Fair enough, he should be a regular player by now. He's had plenty of time to establish himself. I guess Koby Stevens, Luke Shuey and Ash Smith are available in return then? They aren't regular players so I'm sure that's ok.

Unless the W.A boys that play at Brissy are out of contract this year, WC should just sit tight and wait for free agency to commence before trying to lure them back to W.A.
WC may look a promising destination for interstate W.A players to come back to when the Eagles start maturing and becoming a power in the coming years. Free agency will come in at the right time for this.
As I understand it, a player can only act as a free agent after 8 years at a club, so we'll be a long time waiting if that's the strategy. Has some potential for WC, for players such as Chick and Stenglein (would have been free transfers), but it's quite cleverly crafted, the majority of players probably wouldn't want to leave after 8 years, they'd generally be pretty entrenched if they'd stayed somewhere that long. Having said that there's a lot of nice WA pickings on Brisbane's list, Rich, Banfield, Leuenberger (replace Cox when he's finished) foremost among them.

Fair enough, he should be a regular player by now. He's had plenty of time to establish himself. I guess Koby Stevens, Luke Shuey and Ash Smith are available in return then? They aren't regular players so I'm sure that's ok.

Shuey has played every game he hasn't been injured. All 3 of them. :mad:

Jetta is two years older , Brad Sheppard is a regular plus Jetta he's a Bunbury lad they get homesick and Im looking forward to seeing him soon !

Jetta is a great footballer to watch , should be playing for Sydney and looks likely this week anyway

Yeh, but these guys for their age and experience are showing promice.

Jetta isn't.;)

Nicoski and Hansen would look good in Swans colours.:D

As I understand it, a player can only act as a free agent after 8 years at a club, so we'll be a long time waiting if that's the strategy. Has some potential for WC, for players such as Chick and Stenglein (would have been free transfers), but it's quite cleverly crafted, the majority of players probably wouldn't want to leave after 8 years, they'd generally be pretty entrenched if they'd stayed somewhere that long. Having said that there's a lot of nice WA pickings on Brisbane's list, Rich, Banfield, Leuenberger (replace Cox when he's finished) foremost among them.

I don't know why everyone is concerned about a cox replacement. We have one in nic nat. I think west coast will be better balanced in the future with nic nat rucking 90% of time with a tall forward of some sort (ie: lynch) filling in. We have a spare in Sullivan incase of injuries.

Patty Ryder would be who I would chase. Can play that 10-20% in the ruck to relieve nic nat, the other time he plays full forward. What's his contract status

I don't know why everyone is concerned about a cox replacement. We have one in nic nat. I think west coast will be better balanced in the future with nic nat rucking 90% of time with a tall forward of some sort (ie: lynch) filling in. We have a spare in Sullivan incase of injuries.

Yeah I agree. That seems to be what the teams are doing now. 1 ruckmen so you can have another midfielder in the team rotating through.

Out of those 3, probably Koby because they are both midfielders. Jetta was highly rated and could have easily kicked 1 of those 20goals he's missed already. Jetta should get another 2 years or so even though he's mature.

Where will Sullivan be next year?

Gorringe could be a serious consideration, 198cm athletic ruckmen who kicks goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back