Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the no love for Gaff. At this stage clearly 4th best in the draft. Been compared to Luke power, and I wouldn't mind him playing for us. I think the only way we will go is the safe option in Gaff or they may take a punt on Darling.

dont like the look of Darling - certainly not for Pick 4.

Looks too slow and fumbles too much from the video (2010 Wa vs VicM) that I saw. I agree that for a 190 cm player he should be better below his knees.

Having said that - if he slides to the second round he would be worth a stab.

Why the no love for Gaff. At this stage clearly 4th best in the draft. Been compared to Luke power, and I wouldn't mind him playing for us. I think the only way we will go is the safe option in Gaff or they may take a punt on Darling.

The only thing clear at this stage is that Swallow is GC bound. Everyone else will be ranked differently by different clubs.

Personally, I want Day to "slide" all the way to 4th.....Nat and Day in three years....Failing that, I'd take Darling, have a feeling he has not much to prove this year and is waiting for draft day. Rich imo was similar in '08.

Just remember whoever we take they are unlikely to make a major impact next year they will be 18 think about what we need in 3 years time.

we wont have glass, lynch, hansen, adam selwood, kerr, embley -3 Kps a gun mid, tagger, utility

I would be leaning towards a Kp, we have not drafted 1 since 2006

David Myers anyone - Rated highly pre draft. Still in the emergencies. Knights is a flog. Might want a move. 2nd rounder + McKinley should do it.

Jason Porplyzia has fallen out of favor for Adelaide and would welcome the big space at Subi. Would allow us to finally push LeCras into the middle.

Cale Morton is another one. Had a shocking year and isnt much of a player but could improve if we De-Morton him with some form of spray

Pfft, as far as I'm concerned McKinley's done FAR more than Myers and is worth much more. Myers + Monfries for McKinley, but I'd rather keep McKinley, thanks. I'd give a 3rd for Myers. Not strong enough, fast enough for AFL... decent brain and decent kick, but physically not good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff is our man. Hang on to the pick 4 and we get a very safe bet who will play 22 games next year

Serious lack of upside. Id rather him than Darling though.

You don't need elite speed and skills to be worthy of having more room for improvement. He has very good skills which could get better, but has the smarts to turn himself into a very good player. Look at a Jimmy bartel or a Luke power for example, in the A grade bracket for players but lack elite speed or skills, just very good smart players.

Could get better with the inside stuff. Still a little man, a few years in the gym will make that side of his game a lot better, that's upside

You don't need elite speed and skills to be worthy of having more room for improvement. He has very good skills which could get better, but has the smarts to turn himself into a very good player. Look at a Jimmy bartel or a Luke power for example, in the A grade bracket for players but lack elite speed or skills, just very good smart players.

Take a good look at Jacobs, Atley and Pitt.

All three can break lines in a genuine fashion and can accumulate the ball in strong numbers.

It comes down to needs.

Take a good look at Jacobs, Atley and Pitt.

All three can break lines in a genuine fashion and can accumulate the ball in strong numbers.

It comes down to needs.

I've only seen Atleys hightlights package from the carnival but not impressed at all, always seems to be disposing of it under pressure.

A KPF might be under strong consideration with our first pick - Day/Darling??Who would be the better option?
Midfielder with quality skills to deliver to forwards.Gaff/Hallahan?
Maybe a Green would slip to our 2nd pick therefore I would go with a KPF as our first pick as if Notte/brown do not become a KPF for us we have another option to develop.
Later picks keep searching for that crumber, it is a bummer we won,t be getting Bennell:(

I've only seen Atleys hightlights package from the carnival but not impressed at all, always seems to be disposing of it under pressure.

As opposed to Gaff who played way to outside.

Atley at least breaks lines and moves the ball efficiently by hand and foot. Allot of those handballs over the top at speed and in traffic are exceptional.

If eagles win less than 4 games do they get some sort of priority pick? At then end of the 1st round or something?
Yes, you would get pick 27 as your priority selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back