Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please tell me which games he dominated in?

Roumd 7. He dominated for Easts kicking 5. 6 goals, 28 touches and 10 marks. From CHF.

Round 8. He was excellent at CHF against Subiaco.

Round 9. East Fremantle Bye.

Bye: State Game.

Round 10. Another solid performance with 4.2 goals and 21 touches.

Returns to AFL.

Round 14. Returns against a dominant Swan Districts and kicks 2.1.

Great player managment for a player who needs games as a forward. :thumbsu:

Well, any hopes I may have had in us picking up Cadwallader have certainly vanished quicker than a wisp of smoke. Shame! The kid had talent.

Should the club give up on the Brown FF experiment and shift him down back again, it might be worth having a look at Schofield as a FF. I thought he mentioned in his chat that he played as a forward as a junior.

He is a lot more mobile than most KP players and he has a bit of pace. In the modern game where few teams have two big KP players he could provide a bigger body that is still good defensively. No idea what his set shots are like though.

It may be a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul but that's what most said about the Brown shift forward. At the very least its another option to consider.

Getting back to the draft.

If we finish last and end up with pick 4 who are candidates?

Presuming GC take Swallow, Day & Bennell.

Is Gaff somebody we would be looking at, great user and decision maker, but not sure he has the speed? Reminds me of Dal Santo but not as soft...

Getting back to the draft.

If we finish last and end up with pick 4 who are candidates?

Presuming GC take Swallow, Day & Bennell.

Is Gaff somebody we would be looking at, great user and decision maker, but not sure he has the speed? Reminds me of Dal Santo but not as soft...

To be honest im not so certain of his skills. I really,really hope we dont end up with gaff. Personally think he's very similar to ebert.

To be honest im not so certain of his skills. I really,really hope we dont end up with gaff. Personally think he's very similar to ebert.

From what I have seen of him he is nothing like Ebert, classy lefty who reads the game really well and sets up team mates with classy decision making.

Andrew Gaff
16 June 1992, 183cm, 78kg, Oakleigh Chargers/Carey Grammar

Midfielder who’s the best accumulator and distributor in the draft. Works away in an under packs, linking with handballs and deft kicks. Intelligent player who’s unlikely to be affected by any hoopla. In a nod to old-fashioned values, his summer sport was tennis. His father is a tennis coach.

From what I have seen of him he is nothing like Ebert, classy lefty who reads the game really well and sets up team mates with classy decision making.

Andrew Gaff

Midfielder who’s the best accumulator and distributor in the draft. Works away in an under packs, linking with handballs and deft kicks. Intelligent player who’s unlikely to be affected by any hoopla. In a nod to old-fashioned values, his summer sport was tennis. His father is a tennis coach.

In what is written there that is almost exactly how i would have described ebert before he was drafted. I think gaff's skills are good but by no means elite. I also think a lot of people around here underrate ebert. I would however love a ****ing explanation as to why ebert's skills seem to have gone backwards in the last 3 years.

Andrew Gaff

Broadbridge would love to have Gaff at the Eagles, he'd be the best kick of a tennis ball the team has.

Pffft tennis balls are so 2010.

Next year Broadbridge will be using shuttlecocks.

Other outside midfielders if we go down that path include Atley and Polec.

Jared Polec
12 October 1992, 188cm, 77kg, Woodville-West Torrens/Seaton Ramblers
In the past most premiership teams had a goal-kicking wingman. Polec fits that bill perfectly. He swoops on loose balls, dodges one or two opponents, and lets fly with his precise left foot. A graceful version of former Essendon and Adelaide player Greg Anderson. Very easy on the eye. Perhaps needs to get more of the ball.

Shaun Atley
13 September 1992, 187cm, 82kg, Murray Bushrangers/Wodonga
Inside and outside midfielder and half-back with a lot of grunt and a turn of speed. Big reason why Vic Country won the championships. No tricks to speak of, but a terrific type whose build suggests endurance.

West Coast don't need an inside midfielder like Gaff. They've got Kerr, Priddis, Masten, Ebert, Shuey, Swift, Stevens and (A.Selwood who's really a HBF cum IM).
NO MORE DAMMIT!

If WC have to trade Cox and our pick 4 to get Bennell and a later pick, so be it. Even if we have to pay slightly overs to get Bennell, it must be done.

Sheppard, Swift, Bennell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rosa, Priddis, Dalziell.

Our current centre line is embarrassing.

Pffft tennis balls are so 2010.

Next year Broadbridge will be using shuttlecocks.

Other outside midfielders if we go down that path include Atley and Polec.

Jared Polec
12 October 1992, 188cm, 77kg, Woodville-West Torrens/Seaton Ramblers
In the past most premiership teams had a goal-kicking wingman. Polec fits that bill perfectly. He swoops on loose balls, dodges one or two opponents, and lets fly with his precise left foot. A graceful version of former Essendon and Adelaide player Greg Anderson. Very easy on the eye. Perhaps needs to get more of the ball.

Shaun Atley
13 September 1992, 187cm, 82kg, Murray Bushrangers/Wodonga
Inside and outside midfielder and half-back with a lot of grunt and a turn of speed. Big reason why Vic Country won the championships. No tricks to speak of, but a terrific type whose build suggests endurance.

For the team's sake, let's hope Broadbridge doesn't mistake shuttlecocks for sybians. The lads have been bent over and stretched enough this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have watched the 2 games broadcast on Fox last week several times as well as watching the games held here. IMO Atley is the one to chase for several reasons over Gaff.
1) He is taller - 6'2" in the old language which is a lovely size
2) His speed over the 1st 10m as well as terminal speed is far far greater than Gaff's
3) His kicks have far greater penetration than does Gaff's
4) He comes from vic country and not vic metro

On another tangent - I reckon WC would have to seriously consider Blaine Wilson. From what I saw his kicking is elite for a kid of his age both in direction and also penetration and his kicking off his non preferred (left) is Hurley like. Seriously he kicks the ball 50m plus both feet almost equally - what a difference that would make at WC.
I am aware that WC collect HBF's like kids collect tadpoles, but given the importance of disposal out of defence I reckon he would be a great get.

Why overcomplicate such a simple task. Get all the remaining draftees to play a game of HORSE. Winner gets drafted at pick 4.

I dont give a crap about stats. Skills is what its about. Id rather pick the guy getting 4 disposals at 100% efficiency than the one getting 40 at 25% efficiency

West Coast needing to overturn their list , some of the WAFL players we should target latter in the ND or Rookie draft from Claremont / Swan Districts

Claremont
Jarrad Ninnyette
Jessie Laurie
Kiefer Yu
Ryan Brabazon

Swan Districts
Geappen
Krakouer
Robinson / Roach

Just some players that may be picked up from the top two WAFL teams !
Jessie Laurie is an ex PA rookie that was delisted after one year , he is real quick and gives good run from the backline .
Ninnyette is skinny but very classy
Brabazon is quick / high possession winner
Geappen is a classy goal kicker at 23 yrs should geta go with GC coming in .

I'm sure there are many more that clubs will look at .

I need some help with the following:

B. Matera is the same age group as D Swallow. Both of them are currently with the GC but why GC need to use a national draft pick at the end of 2010 for Swallow but not Matera ?

Jed Lamb, especially, and Alex Elissiou, would be great gets for the Eagles. These two are more likely types than Neates and Broome. Getting 1, if not both, however unlikely, would mean we're not completely reliant on a preseason and rookie draft players making the grade so as to have decent smalls in our forward line.

Being a compromised draft, most clubs will be drafting for needs; these are our needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back