Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Would u trade for any of these players?

List:
Jarryd Morton- Yes
Garry Moss- Yes
Beau Muston???-No
Beau Dowler- No
Cameron Stokes- Yes
Taylor Duryea- Hell Yes
Jordan Williams- No
Matthew Suckling- No

What would u trade or who?
Morton & Moss for Mitch Brown.
And
Stokes & Duryea for Mathew Spangher and 2nd round pick.:thumbsu:

How about it, I will even throw in Nicoski if you like :D

Sounds like there's a lot of peanuts here who would knock back a 22 year old Jason Akermanis for no toehr reason than "he's a fugging digghead man". But hey, that Matt Priddis is a diamond geezer and pours his heart and sole into the club.

Too many peanuts, not enough peanut crackers.

As i said before, every footy club needs a first class **** head. It comes with the territory, just like every club needs a genuine funny bastard, an elite hard worker and your role players.

If you dont have things that inspire you to play for each other then its just a workplace, not a club.

Sounds like there's a lot of peanuts here who would knock back a 22 year old Jason Akermanis for no toehr reason than "he's a fugging digghead man". But hey, that Matt Priddis is a diamond geezer and pours his heart and sole into the club.

Too many peanuts, not enough peanut crackers.

22 year old Jason Akermanis?

Think someone's on more than just peanuts.

You're talking about a guy who struggles to get a game in a side not much better than our own.

So yeah - let's trade in a moron with limited evidence of talent - just so we can have someone to annoy the opposition with!

22 year old Jason Akermanis?

Think someone's on more than just peanuts.
If Jason Akermanis was 22, you wouldn't take him because "he's a knob". You're cutting your law of averages if you think we shouldn't be trading in anyone who is suspected of being a knob.

You're talking about a guy who struggles to get a game in a side not much better than our own.
This is the exact reason why I treat so many peanuts on this board with disdain. You're all like Robert Walls. You can only see the simplistic and obvious. You have no perception of players who are undervalued and over valued. You only have the ability to see the "now" value.

It's peanuts like you who have no idea that trading is about offloading players before their used by date (ie trading Priddis 3 years ago, Lynch last year) and trading in players who are undervalued (ie Lindsay Thomas and Jarrod 'Ard'bro last season).

So yeah - let's trade in a moron with limited evidence of talent - just so we can have someone to annoy the opposition with!
More peanuttery. You don't seem to want to gamble on anyone's future. You only want to trade in players once it's confirmed they are a gun. Guess what peanut, that costs to much in terms of what we have to give up.

From other clubs

Travis Varcoe - would love him plays well at subi replace selwood in the centre
Brad Dick - Suspect shoulders very injury prone
Geoffrey Gartlett - Would like him alot great crumber
Chris Yarren - Aanother small foward, that could become a mid

Nathan Krakouer - Rebounding defender, great pace
Danyle Pearce - great run and carry player who could be available for a good trade

Draft Targets

Early pick or hopefully picks

Harley Bennell - Well you all know what I think of him, been watching him for two half years.If we get him great.
Sam Day - Love this guy, elite junior footballer and baseballer huge scope for improvement good skills as well.
Shaun Atley - Great size dual sided though I think he is a left footer very quick and tough
Jack Darling - Have cooled a little, but is still a very talented footballer, think a classer stronger with better defensive pressure than a Ben McKinley

Later Rounds

Warrick Andreoli
Kieran Harper
Blayne Wilson
Angus Litherland
Jarrod Ninyette - will go in main draft
Alex Elisseou

Rookies

Kiefer Yu
Justin Monaco
Devin McFarlane
Rhett Mason

If Jason Akermanis was 22, you wouldn't take him because "he's a knob". You're cutting your law of averages if you think we shouldn't be trading in anyone who is suspected of being a knob.

This is the exact reason why I treat so many peanuts on this board with disdain. You're all like Robert Walls. You can only see the simplistic and obvious. You have no perception of players who are undervalued and over valued. You only have the ability to see the "now" value.

It's peanuts like you who have no idea that trading is about offloading players before their used by date (ie trading Priddis 3 years ago, Lynch last year) and trading in players who are undervalued (ie Lindsay Thomas and Jarrod 'Ard'bro last season).

More peanuttery. You don't seem to want to gamble on anyone's future. You only want to trade in players once it's confirmed they are a gun. Guess what peanut, that costs to much in terms of what we have to give up.

I love the personal insults - it highlights who i am dealing with.

Wow - you must have some foresight if you were going to trade out priddis a year after we got him - hell - let's trade out Koby Stevens - he'd be fully valued at the moment for a trade.

There's always blokes who have shown value but for some reason can't get a gig or are being forced out due to salary cap pressures - generally you try and get fringe players from a gun side - like Sydney have been so successful with. But if you want to go with someone not good enough to make a bottom 8 side - sounds great to me.

Trading is more than just rolling the dice - i'd rather take a guy who has shown promise that i can get cheaper from a quality club - rather than a knob-end who has shown nothing and can't get a gig in a bottom side.

If i'm gambling - i like my odds better.

Completely off topic but just watching the u18 carnival wa v vic metro and the vic's fb looks like a kid we should target. he is a good sized full back who reads the play and can actually kick the ball well. his team mates look to him to clear the ball like we look for hurn, he reminds me of brian lake a bit. number 33 he is....

Wow - you must have some foresight if you were going to trade out priddis a year after we got him - hell - let's trade out Koby Stevens - he'd be fully valued at the moment for a trade.
Correct. There's a huge thread on it. At the peak of his popularity I started a thread announcing him as a dud and we should trade him because he is way over valued.

Stevens: We'll keep him thanks.

There's always blokes who have shown value but for some reason can't get a gig or are being forced out due to salary cap pressures - generally you try and get fringe players from a gun side
:rolleyes:

Another peanut way of thinking. Good teams make players look better than they are. Look at Essendon's 2000 team. Blumfield, Heffernan, Johnsons, Solomon. Fringe players tend to get a few games and look better than they are.

Name me a fringe player from a top team who has been traded and ended up a gun? You'll struggle to find more than a handful.

How is Brent Dismal going these days? Maloney? Pask? The only decent one I can think of is Gram.

But find a player who looks shit because he's playing in a shit team? Much better chance of picking the player with upside.

- like Sydney have been so successful with. But if you want to go with someone not good enough to make a bottom 8 side - sounds great to me.
Do you know what makes me laugh? My track record is excellent. I have a whole different way of thinking about football than you. yet I get it right all the time but here you are telling me I'm wrong and you're just thinking the same dumb shit as usual. When will the penny drop?

Trading is more than just rolling the dice - i'd rather take a guy who has shown promise that i can get cheaper from a quality club - rather than a knob-end who has shown nothing and can't get a gig in a bottom side.
I see, so I'm rolling the dice and you're not?:rolleyes:

If i'm gambling - i like my odds better.
Considering my track record and your track record, I like my odds way better.

Completely off topic but just watching the u18 carnival wa v vic metro and the vic's fb looks like a kid we should target. he is a good sized full back who reads the play and can actually kick the ball well. his team mates look to him to clear the ball like we look for hurn, he reminds me of brian lake a bit. number 33 he is....

looked like a monster compared to most of the others including darling.
read the play well and can certainly kick the ball.

Mathew Watson - http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711874

Would love to go after Josh Hill from the bulldogs. Would release LeCras into the midfield.
Was dropped last year for finals, and again a couple weeks back. I don't imagine he's an untradeable in the bulldogs opinion, and the Bulldogs may be desperate for a premiership tilt before the seasons out.

Whether they see any value in our 2nd tier players or not is another matter. I don't imagine they'd be interested in our 2nd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to go after Josh Hill from the bulldogs. Would release LeCras into the midfield.
Was dropped last year for finals, and again a couple weeks back. I don't imagine he's an untradeable in the bulldogs opinion, and the Bulldogs may be desperate for a premiership tilt before the seasons out.

Whether they see any value in our 2nd tier players or not is another matter. I don't imagine they'd be interested in our 2nd rounder.

Dogs will be needing a big FF soon and losing Hill won't be on their plans because Johnson and Aker retire this year who are similar players to Hill.

Swap for McKinely would be about right.

Also if Ash Smith wants to be traded he would fit the Dogs game style well and be about right as a swap player.

I think Josh Hill would be a perfect get but I dont think its a reasonable possibility. IMO Brendan Stack would also be achieveable and come at a much lower cost.

Whilst we are on the subject of trading I cannot see the benefit of trading Kerr and pick 4 to GC in order to pick up Bennell.
I've seen Bennell play and I recognize his ability, but IMO this is too high a price to pay given there is no certainty in any pick let alone one that involves an indigenous player.

Maybe I'm just holding out hope of Kerr coming good, maybe I believe there is certainly some quality going to be available come pick 4 or 6 for WC but IMO Kerr and either Atley, Polec or Gaff (my preferential order) is going to be better than Bennell.

Sorry to intrude, but saw the Chad Cornes thread was locked and just wanted to add my opinion.

Chad has been a star for our club over the past 10 or so years, but he looks to have lost his star attributes, which were contested marks and reading of the play - has looked terrible at times this year, with the odd half decent game here and there. Not worth the gamble IMO, maybe if you were the Bulldogs or someone on the verge and you thought you could squeeze another year out of him for a premiership crack, even then I would not recommend it.

He never really was suited to a forwards role as he would more often than not stuff up his shots on goal, at the moment the only position he seems capable of is the loose tall in defence.

Krakouer might fit into your side ok, we're not sure whether he will stay or not, but there is persistent speculation that he is going to GC. Has OP so whether or not it's worth the risk is in the eye of the beholder.

I would look at drafting the Vic Country players ... more likely to stay , ie

Shaun Atley
Lucas Cook
Tom Lynch
Jed Lamb

* Jed Lamb is a good country name , he would look good in the team with Hams

Darling would be good but !

I would look at drafting the Vic Country players ... more likely to stay , ie

Shaun Atley
Lucas Cook
Tom Lynch
Jed Lamb

* Jed Lamb is a good country name , he would look good in the team with Hams

Darling would be good but !
NB what is the go with Darling?Would he be worth pick 4/6 if available?

NB what is the go with Darling?Would he be worth pick 4/6 if available?

I would .... he is so strong and would help our forward line strength and give the lecras / Neates and even Notte more opportunity for space !

GC have said they will take him early in the year , so he knows where he is likely to head ... so he has had a slack year . If GC dont take him he should still go early IMO I think we would take him . Midfielders can be found elsewhere in the draft most likely !

Yes worth pick 4-6 its just that Atley / Cook and Day are so impressive and hard not to pick !

I would .... he is so strong and would help our forward line strength and give the lecras / Neates and even Notte more opportunity for space !

GC have said they will take him early in the year , so he knows where he is likely to head ... so he has had a slack year . If GC dont take him he should still go early IMO I think we would take him . Midfielders can be found elsewhere in the draft most likely !

Yes worth pick 4-6 its just that Atley / Cook and Day are so impressive and hard not to pick !

I really think him being 190cm is going to end up being a real sticking point and he'll slide a long way in the draft. Possibly even into the second round.

All the talk I've heard about Darling is that he's too short to play key position. He's listed as 190cm on the AFL site, which makes him 1cm shorter than Fevola and Bradshaw. Surely, if he's good enough his height shouldn't be too much of a problem. He's certainly built strongly enough.

We should trade cox or kerr for a late first round and hope darling slides our first pick hopefully we can get a quick highly skilled midfielder. Then our forward line would be set with Darling at Full forward and our midfield would add pace and skill. Then the later picks could be for a jetta or bennell type small forwards and maybe we could rookie a good back pocket in the guy that the dockers dropped last year, whose name alludes me and target mature age players as our rookies like mzumba, richardson etc

I really think him being 190cm is going to end up being a real sticking point and he'll slide a long way in the draft. Possibly even into the second round.

I read that as well and supposedly he is selling himself as a mifielder!

But what is he - 18? Who's to say he can't grow another inch in the next two years?

We should trade cox or kerr for a late first round and hope darling slides our first pick hopefully we can get a quick highly skilled midfielder. Then our forward line would be set with Darling at Full forward and our midfield would add pace and skill. Then the later picks could be for a jetta or bennell type small forwards and maybe we could rookie a good back pocket in the guy that the dockers dropped last year, whose name alludes me and target mature age players as our rookies like mzumba, richardson etc

zumba.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back