Who should we target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will Sullivan be next year?

Gorringe could be a serious consideration, 198cm athletic ruckmen who kicks goals.

I want gorringe. Tippett mark 2. Even if he doesn't end up that good he'll at least end up as a great backup ruck who kicks goals.

Edited because i had a horrific thought. He could end up as hansen mark II!

Ryder or Mitch Clarke from the Lions.

Both can play KP forward and exceptional backup rucks. If NN is injured both could carry the ruck for a few weeks.

No chance of Ryder coming home to W.A..

Only way I can see it is if the Eagles actively trade to us a couple of first round picks, whilst a highly rated young inside midfielder could also sweeten the deal ;):p

As I understand it, a player can only act as a free agent after 8 years at a club, so we'll be a long time waiting if that's the strategy. Has some potential for WC, for players such as Chick and Stenglein (would have been free transfers), but it's quite cleverly crafted, the majority of players probably wouldn't want to leave after 8 years, they'd generally be pretty entrenched if they'd stayed somewhere that long. Having said that there's a lot of nice WA pickings on Brisbane's list, Rich, Banfield, Leuenberger (replace Cox when he's finished) foremost among them.

Cheers for the heads up Bacchus. I did read something similar on BF but wasn't sure if that was the actual case or just speculation.

No chance of Ryder coming home to W.A..

Only way I can see it is if the Eagles actively trade to us a couple of first round picks, whilst a highly rated young inside midfielder could also sweeten the deal ;):p

Ryder isn't Chris Judd. No club would give the equivalent of 2 first rounders for him. Ryder is a very good player, but he's no star.

He did play better yesterday.

If you look at his base stats you think he's a genuine up and coming star. Then you watch his games and every little thing is just not quite right.

His disposal needs a lot of work and his decision making needs some work too. He can make the grade, quite easily. He could even end up as an out and out star, but he doesn't offer us anything special over a lot of our other young midfielders and i think out of those young midfielders he probably has the most currency.

Trade him off for team balance. I'd prefer to keep masten, swift, shuey, stevens and scooter. So he sits at 6th in my preferences for our young Inside midfielders. A club like essendon is crying out for inside midfielders. Jetta or Reimers plus their second rounder is one possibility. Or to the power with our second round pick for their first rounder.

He did play better yesterday.

If you look at his base stats you think he's a genuine up and coming star. Then you watch his games and every little thing is just not quite right.

His disposal needs a lot of work and his decision making needs some work too. He can make the grade, quite easily. He could even end up as an out and out star, but he doesn't offer us anything special over a lot of our other young midfielders and i think out of those young midfielders he probably has the most currency.

Trade him off for team balance. I'd prefer to keep masten, swift, shuey, stevens and scooter. So he sits at 6th in my preferences for our young Inside midfielders. A club like essendon is crying out for inside midfielders. Jetta or Reimers plus their second rounder is one possibility. Or to the power with our second round pick for their first rounder.

Brisbane is also going to be keen on trading for midfielders. Black and Power are getting older and Brennan and Rischitelli possibly heading to GC17.

Voss was Eberts coach at the AIS and rated him very highly.

Lions have bigger list problems than we do IMO. Reading the Lions board they are in serious meltdown with this seasons results. If we beat them in two weeks they could be 16th.:rolleyes:

Brisbane is also going to be keen on trading for midfielders. Black and Power are getting older and Brennan and Rischitelli possibly heading to GC17.

Voss was Eberts coach at the AIS and rated him very highly.

Lions have bigger list problems than we do IMO. Reading the Lions board they are in serious meltdown with this seasons results. If we beat them in two weeks they could be 16th.:rolleyes:

Spangher and ebert to brisbane for their first rounder? With our third rounder as a sweetener?

Ebert for Clark?

What would get the job done from if the players see it as kosher from both ends ?

What would stokes cost us?
What would hill cost us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Clark seems the best fit for us if we a looking at a 5 yrs player, he is a regular for the lions and was in contention for AA side last year.

If WC aim is to have a 1.5 ruckman set up he is the one.....Lynch 28yo Coxy 29yo once they have gone a Nata Clark como would be scary.....for the trade to work WC would have to trade out one of Cox or Lynch.

Mitch Clark seems the best fit for us if we a looking at a 5 yrs player, he is a regular for the lions and was in contention for AA side last year.

If WC aim is to have a 1.5 ruckman set up he is the one.....Lynch 28yo Coxy 29yo once they have gone a Nata Clark como would be scary.....for the trade to work WC would have to trade out one of Cox or Lynch.

Lynch is useless, so I definitely want him traded.
I'd trade Cox too. What WC will get in a trade will serve the club better than the output Cox will give over the next 3-5 years.

Spangher and ebert to brisbane for their first rounder? With our third rounder as a sweetener?

Ebert for Clark?

What would get the job done from if the players see it as kosher from both ends ?

What would stokes cost us?
What would hill cost us?
LOL!!!!! A player who was 3rd preference ruckman for AA last year for a under performed midfielder. Also we won't be trading away our First Rounder this year. I would rather us take a young gun midfielder who wiill be better than Ebert with our 1st pick than trade it away for Ebert and a dud called Spangher! However I will agree with the fact that Brisbane will be looking for midfielders but ones with really good skills and ones who a fast. However you could also be right with the fact that Vossy may want EberT who he rates very highly!

Ebert for Banfield? ;)

No thanks! Eberts not goin anywhere. Very highly rated within the club and with good reason, just most of you guys on here expect 20 year old boys to come out and have no flawes with there game and dominate. Just be patient he will be a very good player by the time he gets to the age any other player in the comp comes good at, around 23-24 years old.

No thanks! Eberts not goin anywhere. Very highly rated within the club and with good reason, just most of you guys on here expect 20 year old boys to come out and have no flawes with there game and dominate. Just be patient he will be a very good player by the time he gets to the age any other player in the comp comes good at, around 23-24 years old.

Exactly and watching a game on the weekend I can't remember if it was the saints or dogs but they were talking about some of there star players and how they have only really become that good now that they have had 5-8 seasons in the afl and 150 games. A long time to go for some of the eagles boys

First pick Jack Darling - we need a FF - we drafted small forwards last year getting ready for Lecras to Move to the Midfield well HF. Darling and kennedy as the Talls with Neates, Weedon, strijke, Hams, around the contest will allow Leca to Move down field.

Trade for Rance I think we are thin on Tall defenders the ones we have are fine but what happens when we have an injury. aLso Hurn wants a role in the middle so Smith, sheppard, stevenson, Waters will play the small backs

Imagine
B- Waters, Mckenzie, Glass
HB-Stevenson, Brown, Sheppard
C- Rosa, Hurn, Smith
HF-Lecras, Kennedy, Strijke
F - Neates, Darling, Hams
Foll - Nat, Shuey,Kerr
Int - Masten, Ebert, Cox, Schofield

Pretty quick team too

The trick to trading is buying players under their value. There's no point throwing the kitchen sink at a player given where we are at. One way of getting players under value if by making astute decisions and picking players who are not that highly rated and will improve drastically. Another way is trading homesick players who have told their clubs they want to return to WA.

We should be making discreet inquiries to the likes of Myers, Reimers, Hill. If someone could convince them to return home then their price drops. Cash is not so much a problem but what we have to give up for a good player is. Given that West Coast are cashed up, they should introduce a covert recruitment team not dissimilar to some of the covert agencies the Whitehouse have. They could use all sorts of tricks to make players homesick, including a good 'ol fashioned honeypot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back