Who should wear an alternative strip this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

^Eagle^

All Australian
May 9, 2003
Yisrael
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Coast
The situation is this:
Collingwood are playing Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium this week, and, as both clubs have very similar strips, Mark Williams(Port coach) asked Eddie to change jumpers for the clash as the Pies are the away team and, last time these two met, in Melbourne, Port wore an alternative strip, as they where away. Collingwood, though, refuse to wear an alternative strip, claiming that they had the colours first but Port claim they copied the SA colonials uniform in the late 1800s. Since they can't come up with a solution, i think that they away team should be the one who has to wear the alternative strip. If Collingwood refuse, they should be forced, shouldn't they?

And FWIW, Richmond should have been forced to wear a different strip last week against West Coast. It is wrong that it was their home game but had to change to their lighter blue outfit.

If Collingwood refuse to wear an alternative strip, and the AFL decide to enforce them to do so, they should go all the way and make them wear pink and white stripes.

North V Coll for decades were similar.

Coll V Gee was also a clash.

I dont actually see any clash between Coll and Port's jumpers. Nothing compare to North and Coll a few years a go. Or Gee V Coll or ESS V RICH or North V Geel. Crikey we used to have to watch it in Black and white TV.

If collingwood dont wont to then they should have to. Why they wont is beyond me. Extra revenue eddie.

Originally posted by CJH
And FWIW, Richmond should have been forced to wear a different strip last week against West Coast. It is wrong that it was their home game but had to change to their lighter blue outfit.

Would many Richmond supporters be opposed to a simple colour swap? i.e yellow jumper with black sash. Ditto with Essendon.

Originally posted by Rob
Would many Richmond supporters be opposed to a simple colour swap? i.e yellow jumper with black sash. Ditto with Essendon.

It wouldn't worry me at all. Go with the times.

Although I want the Traditional Jumper for all Home games.

I wouldn't mind the Dons wearing an away strip but not red with a black sash. That looks tacky. I think a black or red top with our emblem on the front would be the way to go.

Originally posted by Rooboy 34
Collingwood and Eddie should just get off their high horse and do it. Get over yourselves for **** sake...

WHY?

I honestly can not see a clash between the two jumpers.

I think this is just one more of everyone against eddie.

Originally posted by CJH
Yes, but that's different - the Eagles' alternate/away strip is more popular than our usual strip. But, on the other hand, Port's alternate strip isn't. Collingwood should b forced 2 wear pink tights if they dont want 2 wear an alternate strip. frankly, theyre being little babies

Originally posted by nut
WHY?

I honestly can not see a clash between the two jumpers.

I think this is just one more of everyone against eddie.

They don't look too similar until you're watching the game on TV, or at the ground.

Every team should have an alternate away strip.

Collingwood's should be black with a big yellow stripe down the back. :D

How many times would they have to wear it, for goodness sake??? I just wish the AFL would squash them flat and wipe their noses in the mud.

I'm gonna look a lot harder this weekend because I never really notice clashes when watching games on TV. It might be different at the ground but I won't see that until Port get themselves over here to play us.

So until then no comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i can't even recall how badly collingwood and port jumpers clash but really every team should have an alternative strip.
i'd rather see the saints in there traditional jumpers but as long as they have them for home games i understand. although the yellow jumper needs some improvement.

collingwood and eddie are just being pig headed about all this, the fact is that jumpers do clash and the away team should have to change. just like all other teams should if the problem arises!

Originally posted by Generalissimo
It's just Eddie trying to make sure the AFL remains the Eddie Maguire Show. He'll invent something next week as well, just watch.

Jesus, I didnt know the AFL made Eddie change the spelling of his surname!:p

As for Port they should make them change their name to the Port Adelaide Prostitutes after selling their pride last year.

And Choco is still bitter Collingwood dumped him as they should have the little p.rick. Dont worry, we dont want your fat oily offspring under the father/son rule.

Collingwood have had an away strip before

Is Collingwood's jumper really that traditional?

1. In 2001, Collingwood changed their guernsey so that the black was more dominant rather than the white.

2. Between 1998 and 2000, Collingwood actually did have an away jumper. It was mostly black with some white stripes and the Collingwood logo in the middle of it.

3. Collingwood actually do have an away jumper this year as well. Whenever they travel interstate, they wear their pre-season jumper. It is similar to their normal one, only the top has the design of a flying magpie.

In this respect, Eddie McGuire is a hypocrite because he is jumping up and down over their precious historical jumper when they have had pre-season and away jumpers before (and still do), and their current guernsey is only in its third season. I have never known anything that is three years old to have so much 'tradition'.

Re: Collingwood have had an away strip before

Originally posted by brucetiki
Is Collingwood's jumper really that traditional?

1. In 2001, Collingwood changed their guernsey so that the black was more dominant rather than the white.

2. Between 1998 and 2000, Collingwood actually did have an away jumper. It was mostly black with some white stripes and the Collingwood logo in the middle of it.

3. Collingwood actually do have an away jumper this year as well. Whenever they travel interstate, they wear their pre-season jumper. It is similar to their normal one, only the top has the design of a flying magpie.

In this respect, Eddie McGuire is a hypocrite because he is jumping up and down over their precious historical jumper when they have had pre-season and away jumpers before (and still do), and their current guernsey is only in its third season. I have never known anything that is three years old to have so much 'tradition'.

how dare you question!!
you know none of that is included!

The strip we wear now is going back to the 1917 years.
All Eddie is saying if people listen is, we will not be wearing a jumper to do battle without black and white stripes.
No mention of whether the back is black or white, it is the STRIPES.

Originally posted by piefan2002
The strip we wear now is going back to the 1917 years.
All Eddie is saying if people listen is, we will not be wearing a jumper to do battle without black and white stripes.
No mention of whether the back is black or white, it is the STRIPES.

i'm sure a jumper could be designed that has black and white stripes and doesn't clash but eddie has just dug his heels in and isn't even looking into the options!

What made me mad today is that the AFL came straight out and banned those finger salutes that a radio station were going to give out on Sunday for the Crows V Cats game.

The AFL just will not take on Eddie. Cowards

The Port Adelaide Prostitutes are like the guy who buys the house enxt door to the airport, then wants the airport closed down cos it is too noisy.

Why did they pick such a conflicting jumper in the first place? They knew the colours of the existing guerseys. That is why THEY should change their jumpers, because of their ingrained stupidity adequately demonstrated by that moron Williams.

Originally posted by MGREG
Jesus

As for Port they should make them change their name to the Port Adelaide Prostitutes after selling their pride last year.

And Choco is still bitter Collingwood dumped him as they should have the little p.rick. Dont worry, we dont want your fat oily offspring under the father/son rule.

Jesus won't help you.

Yes the Port Adelaide Prostitutes VS the Collingwood Pink Magpies as endorsed at the annual Mardi Gras. We could call the Port Adel vs Coll games the Kings Cross Cup,
The Pros vs the **** and Drags.

I think Choco went to Brisbane from Collingwood because of Skases fat cheques, just another Collingwood rant to save face trying to show that no ones leaves Collingwood, they get sacked.
In ten years time you will be saying that Paul Williams was sacked. The father son rule? I think that is irrelevant at Collingwood, the single mother bastard capital of all AFL clubs.

iv always had time for eddie, i always thought hes wasnt actually as arrogant as he made out, i dont watch his tv shows but whatever, hes a good businessman, and has helped out the western bulldogs and my dockers with finding sponsorship dolloars to continue (yes he was well paid to do so, but brand Eddie really helped out alot there)

well he lost me during the week, he said "no we arent going to change our stripe, we're talking about a team that has been in the comp 5 minutes, compared to a team thats been in 100 years, a foundation team"

woah, woah, woah, i was under the impression that there was 16 teams in this comp, not 15 teams and one superclub. to say that collingwood is more important that any other team is the height of arrogance

**** you eddie, and **** your team. yes they should be made to wear a different color, to be supplied by the team thats been in the comp five minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who should wear an alternative strip this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back