• Naita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rich

• Other

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

heard today contact very involved with Sandy Dragons Melbourne will either take Watts or Vickery with Number one pick. If Melbourne didnt take Vickery essendon will get him pick 5. WA boys staying in WA and Hartlett to Port.

I asked him which he would prefer between Watts and Vickery he said it doesnt matter!

I hope we take Watts, we need a pure forward, not a ruckmen forward.

Thats a huge call going for Vickery with Pick 1. I guess you might take him if Watts doesnt nominate for the draft. Even still I would take Nat/Rich over him.

heard today contact very involved with Sandy Dragons Melbourne will either take Watts or Vickery with Number one pick. If Melbourne didnt take Vickery essendon will get him pick 5. WA boys staying in WA and Hartlett to Port.

I asked him which he would prefer between Watts and Vickery he said it doesnt matter!

I hope we take Watts, we need a pure forward, not a ruckmen forward.

If Melbourne take Vickery at #1 I would be very suprised, and somewhat dissapointed.

Thank god for the draft camp. Watts and Naitanui, as will all draftees obviously, will be so heavily scrutinized and under the microscope it'll help us with our decision no doubt. I think the pressure will really be on NN during the camp when they take into account his footballing ability

Thank god for the draft camp. Watts and Naitanui, as will all draftees obviously, will be so heavily scrutinized and under the microscope it'll help us with our decision no doubt. I think the pressure will really be on NN during the camp when they take into account his footballing ability

The problem is i don't think they do much footballing ability testing at draft camp, if any at all. When you hear about results, it's all about running and jumping tests.

HS results from last year had the following: Agility, Repeat 30 Metre Sprints, Vertical Jump, 20-Metre Sprint, Shuttle Run (Beep test), 3km Time Trial.

Nothing which actually tests their "football smarts", it's basically just athletic ability tests. So Naitanui will kill the things he excels in but his footy smarts won't be tested at all, it's most likely only going to make him look even better

I saw in todays HUN that Mike Sheehan has listed that we will either go for Watts, Nic Nat, Rich or Chris Yarran. Not much talk on any thread on Chris Yarran, is he a likely consideration at all? What sort of player is he and what does anyone know of him.
Reckon Draft Camp will only further enhance Nic Nats athelitic prowess. Reckon Watts couldnt be bothered to try too hard.
At the upper end, you would have to think the scouts have made their decisions on how they rate the top 5-10 players. After this, Draft Camp might give them info to rank the rest.
One thing that is important is the interview process, sometimes this does change the opinions of clubs.
Laurence Angwin.....no thanks.

The problem is i don't think they do much footballing ability testing at draft camp, if any at all. When you hear about results, it's all about running and jumping tests.

HS results from last year had the following: Agility, Repeat 30 Metre Sprints, Vertical Jump, 20-Metre Sprint, Shuttle Run (Beep test), 3km Time Trial.

Nothing which actually tests their "football smarts", it's basically just athletic ability tests. So Naitanui will kill the things he excels in but his footy smarts won't be tested at all, it's most likely only going to make him look even better

Your right NN will kill it, He will bring the hype to the MFC. His freakish ability will lift the whole group. Lets be honest, we are the most boring, uninspiring, no name footballers and reigning wooden spooners.
Bring on NN, lets embrace him, nickname him, love him, want to go the footy and watch him, foxy dog his leg, give the demons supporters a reason to get out of bed!!!!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

They have a big skills session on the last day of draft camp and all the recruiters and coaches go and watch it, so that is probably the closest thing to testing there football smarts...

Your right NN will kill it, He will bring the hype to the MFC. His freakish ability will lift the whole group. Lets be honest, we are the most boring, uninspiring, no name footballers and reigning wooden spooners.
Bring on NN, lets embrace him, nickname him, love him, want to go the footy and watch him, foxy dog his leg, give the demons supporters a reason to get out of bed!!!!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

true that

Your exactley right, lets take a guy with freakish atheltic abilities even if he cant play football that well. That what melbourne needs!!! As for the nickname if he becomes a dud we can just call him Luke Molan

Ill trust the recruiters but they better be right.

The criteria for the number 1 pick needs be a bit more indepth than be black, have a funky hair cut and be able to jump.

unfortunately we need rich, watts & naitanui. We are the lowest in the league in inside 50's and if one creates a ladder based on midfield quality i think you'd get a fair approximation to the current ladder. Midfield depth and quality = good teams.this begs the question. A key forward unlikely to play next year but build a structurs around or a gun midfielder to help win clearances and find targets. There is an argument for both. My opinion would be that it is much harder to find a potential champion forward than a midfielder so it sways me towards watts. Either way until we find some quick skilful midfielders we are going nowhere

= rich!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who to take with no.1?

Back