Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 28 at the start of the season, and had a bday to turn 29, so 28-29.

According to the number crunchers, on average, players hit their peak output the year they turn 27 and more or less hold it it until age 30 or 31.

LoL at you thinking it is unfair on Cripps to compare him to a 21 year old Nick!!? 🤣🤣

Just wait til Nick gets to his prime years!! 🤯

Where do you think the improvement is going to come from ?

It's more about his lack of finals experience. Cripps doesn't really get tagged that much. It's a very well known thing right throughout the industry and there's nothing I could say that would change your mind. However, he's going to have to get quite a few grand finals and prelims before he reaches Dangerfield and Pendles
Your team literally hard tags him every game. Wut. LOL.

'Cripps has been more dominant than any other player against Collingwood in recent times'
I read that as "off all players in teams who have opposed Collingwood, Cripps has been the most dominant in recent times".

So I don't know why you are comparing Collingwood players to anyone, unless you know of a match-fixing scandal?

I read that as "off all players in teams who have opposed Collingwood, Cripps has been the most dominant in recent times".

So I don't know why you are comparing Collingwood players to anyone, unless you know of a match-fixing scandal?
1. Pendlebury was the first player I thought of to use as a point of comparison to discuss 'dominance', in a Carlton / Collingwood thread.
2. In another post, I provided a list of 18 players who have been more dominant than Cripps against Collingwood in recent times. The common thread for these players is that they have performed extremely well against Collingwood on multiple occasions, including finals... A list that took me two minutes to compile off the top of my head.

1. Pendlebury was the first player I thought of to use as a point of comparison to discuss 'dominance', in a Carlton / Collingwood thread.
I still don't know why he came up in relation to this point. Did you just feel you had to flood out any mention of a Carlton player doing well with a mention of a Collingwood player?

For Crippa, I dont see much.

For GOATcos, goal kicking, contested work, ability to break tackles, clearance numbers, marking and leadership.
I'd add in 1%er stuff for Naicos too.

Cripps is a battering ram. Will be very hard for him to continue to contribute at the same level in his 30's with the style of footy he plays.
At his height and build he could be a key forward. If he could learn to take a contested mark and kick accurately he could extend his career by playing mostly forward.

Cripps is a battering ram. Will be very hard for him to continue to contribute at the same level in his 30's with the style of footy he plays.
At his height and build he could be a key forward. If he could learn to take a contested mark and kick accurately he could extend his career by playing mostly forward.

They said he’d be cooked by 27. At 29 he’s having arguably his career best year.

Inside mids strangely seem to stick around a while. Ruckmen too.

His goal kicking has been fine in recent years. He’s a decent grab too but it’s more his forward craft that would hold him back moving fwd permanently.

Yep another component that Nick could improve.

Push it up to above 1 and get closer to 2.

The only real quality star mid currently who is above 2 per game is the Bont.

Peak GAJ and Dusty only really avg 1.5 1%er per game, you dont waste the stars doing the grunt work.

They said he’d be cooked by 27. At 29 he’s having arguably his career best year.

Inside mids strangely seem to stick around a while. Ruckmen too.

His goal kicking has been fine in recent years. He’s a decent grab too but it’s more his forward craft that would hold him back moving fwd permanently.
He's not great overhead for his size but I guess he's never had to focus on it. Hard to learn forward craft if you don't play there. He'd be a weapon in f50 stoppages!

He's a warrior but I think the way he plays will inevitably shorten his career as a midfielder.

He was 28 at the start of the season, and had a bday to turn 29, so 28-29.

Midfielders

Optimal range: 23-29 (average rating points: 12.63)

Peak year: 26 (13.07)

LoL at you thinking it is unfair on Cripps to compare him to a 21 year old Nick!!? 🤣🤣

Just wait til Nick gets to his prime years!! 🤯
Do you think he'll have taken a contested mark by then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being at that game, Geelong played absolutely beautifully. Picked us apart via rebounding and kicked them from everywhere, a cheeky rub of the green along with our injuries didn't hurt either. Still only beat us by a couple of goals and I thought there's no way they can keep playing this well.

Alas, they went on to lose 5 of their next 6, including 4 in a row.

They might actually be mid tbh.

We should win.

Hey Fadge why did you laugh at this comment and dismiss my analysis?

keen to hear your thoughts on the game tonight.

You can forget about Darcy Cameron being in the conversation for All Australian.
Dekoning has just gone way past him in that regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back