Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyways, lets try and get back on topic.. This thread is not about Essington, we have our own multitude of threads openly allowed to pot my team

Who will be better in 2024? Well, currently the ladder says Carlton but Collingwood have the runs on the board. If you were a betting man in a wet elimination final you would probably back the experienced Pies to take care of Carlton.

Still, it’s a tight race and maybe all those early finals wins might result in Carlton making it to the big dance

Anyways, lets try and get back on topic.. This thread is not about Essington, we have our own multitude of threads openly allowed to pot my team

Who will be better in 2024? Well, currently the ladder says Carlton but Collingwood have the runs on the board. If you were a betting man in a wet elimination final you would probably back the experienced Pies to take care of Carlton.

Still, it’s a tight race and maybe all those early finals wins might result in Carlton making it to the big dance
Queue fadge - betting man
Requires a wet day for the pies to get it done......

Queue fadge - betting man
Requires a wet day for the pies to get it done......
To be fair, the Blues do have arguably the strongest KPP in the comp. Competing with Brisbane, West Coast and GWS for the title of strongest KP stocks in the land

Be an interesting discussion point

Hmmmm.

Must have been a wet day/night 16 of the last 20 times Collingwood and Carlton have played...
Wet weather definitely favours intelligent footballers and we're stacked with those

QF last year was a wet night from memory

But GF day what was it 29 degrees?

Anytime, anywhere... any conditions 👍

If you can’t keep up then take a seat please, i shouldnt need to explain it
You can stand side by side with your buddy fudgey - and co-author together - I'd call you the "bruised-brothers" being green and black eyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the 3 way war between the 'big 3' clubs. Tied at 16, if Sydney choke there's a good chance one will make it to 17 and piss off the others.

Carlton to continue their gf dominance over Collingwood and pull ahead again would be too funny.

We are playing ok atm but are no certs to make the 4. I expect the lions and Giants to make the 4.

Our premierships were and are real. The spoons on the other hand are just a sort of symbolic gesture.

They don't actually exist. In reality Carlton have no wooden spoons because we were never actually presented with one.

I just hope this clears up any confusion here. The dying days of South Melbourne is an inaccurate statement as well.

It's the same club but they relocated to Sydney.

Not intentional, Carlton have been 💩 for nearly 30 years. I blame John Elliot mostly for the mess but there are other people that have done the same even if it was unintentional. Best thing to happen I feel is getting the boy’s club mentality out of the club. Brian Cook has been a great addition to the club imo. Right now Carlton is on the right path and that’s all that matters to me as a member for the last 15 years and supporter for over 45 years. As for the Pies they have been the better team as shown by premierships and ladder positions since our last premiership.
Jack Elliot should've been kicked out years before he eventually was. Then we had the Mick Malthouse fiasco as well.

Collingwood Mick makes up part of the infamous three Micks at Carlton, along with Mick McGuane and Mick Martyn.:laughv1:

No matter how bad things got the hope was always there for better days in the future. That hope once seemed very distant and faint.

As of now though that hope is real and genuine again. We may or may not win that flag this year, but we have found a way back to footy relevancy again.

That's what Vossy's legacy will be to Carlton along with a few premierships as well hopefully! I never lost my Carlton swagger though!

I'm as proud, smug and arrogant a Carlton supporter as they come. I'm just programmed to be that way i guess.:laughv1:

Last edited:
Parish and Francis before Harry and Charlie.
shows how uneducated one can be, Harry and Charlie were (a) not the next KPF taken (Weidemann) but not even in a position we were in need of (hence an inside mid and an intercepting third tall / KPD) was taken

don't follow in the footsteps of the rest of the Carlton cohort by trying to be bigger than you are my friend.

Our premierships were and are real. The spoons on the other hand are just a sort of symbolic gesture.

They don't actually exist. In reality Carlton have no wooden spoons because we were never actually presented with one.

I just hope this clears up any confusion here. The dying days of South Melbourne is an inaccurate statement as well.

It's the same club but they relocated to Sydney.
A wooden spoon is just as symbolic a gesture as a premiership. Don't hide behind that fact man

Essendon have the same amount of wooden spoons you gronk

If you are talking about wooden spoons;

Carlton, 2018, 2015, 2006, 2005 and 2002
Essendon 2016 (AFL implied deliverance to)

if you are talking about finals appearances;
Essendon finals appearances since 2002; 8
Carlton finals appearances since 2002; 5

Before you say "oh, but how many finals wins?" how many flags has that actually culminated in? the same amount of finals wins Essington has had in that same time which we all know the answer to - 0

educate yourself if you wish to throw mud

shows how uneducated one can be, Harry and Charlie were (a) not the next KPF taken (Weidemann) but not even in a position we were in need of (hence an inside mid and an intercepting third tall / KPD) was taken

don't follow in the footsteps of the rest of the Carlton cohort by trying to be bigger than you are my friend.
Weidmann? Yes, uneducated

At the pointy end you select best talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back