Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine playing the 10th side without their 2 best players and leading by seven goals, having the umps paying double the frees to their side include the momentum killer clear mark to Hogan in front of goal where the blues then kicked the next 2 goals and losing.

wow
Imagine Collingwood outside the eight and playing Geelong next week.

View attachment 2040980

Fail Call Of Duty GIF by G2 Esports
Meaningless game, we got the Pies out of the eight if everything goes right.

End of this round, Carlton in 2nd, Pies anywhere from 8th to 10th, those are the facts

Collingwood have won 4 of their 16 games this year by more than 1 goal. Only 2 of those involved having more scoring shots than the opposition team.

Games won decisively, ie by >1 goal with more scoring shots than the opposition team:

Collingwood 2
Carlton 7

Games lost that were not decisive, ie by 6 or less points or with more scoring shots than the opposition:

Collingwood 1
Carlton 3

Tells us all we need to know.

Collingwood have won 4 of their 16 games this year by more than 1 goal. Only 2 of those involved having more scoring shots than the opposition team.

Games won decisively, ie by >1 goal with more scoring shots than the opposition team:

Collingwood 2
Carlton 7

Games lost that were not decisive, ie by 6 or less points or with more scoring shots than the opposition:

Collingwood 1
Carlton 3

Tells us all we need to know.
Hey, MR - have you seen this?

Screenshot_20240706-164431_AFL.jpg

Pies are cooked. Fielded the oldest team in the comp yet again.

Scott Pensionbury is slower than me, Jeremy Howoldisthiscampaigner is 34, Steelwalkingframe Sidebottom is 33.

And now 31yo Brody Pensioncheck is gone for the season, will be 32 when he next plays. And no rd 1 draft pick. What a mess this list is. Need to get Ned Guy back to sort it out. :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apologies, did not clarify my thoughts clearly. You would much prefer Saad (missed 5), Pittonet (9), Foggarty (6) than McKay (0), Curnow (0) or Cripps (0). Walsh and Cerra are very very good midfielders but not in a game changing way that Cripps is.

every official list shows both of those listed to Essendon so unsure what your point is
You’ve still missed the point.

Our most important player after Cripps is …..Weitering!

Yes there it is…it was pretty clear last night.

When he’s injured he provides the biggest hole for us to fill. We have Marchbank & Young in the 2’s but nobody fills his role completely.

apologies, did not clarify my thoughts clearly. You would much prefer Saad (missed 5), Pittonet (9), Foggarty (6) than McKay (0), Curnow (0) or Cripps (0). Walsh and Cerra are very very good midfielders but not in a game changing way that Cripps is.
So because three of our top five players haven't been injured it means that we haven't had a tough run with injury. This is AFL not basketball - bizarre

Last edited:
One player went at 45%, the other at 42%.
One player baulked at getting tackled near the boundary line and stepped over to avoid contact the other player did not
I guess they really arent comparable

Whispers shall forever more be known as SIDESTEP.

Has a nice ring to it :).

Pies are cooked. Fielded the oldest team in the comp yet again.

Scott Pensionbury is slower than me, Jeremy Howoldisthiscampaigner is 34, Steelwalkingframe Sidebottom is 33.

And now 31yo Brody Pensioncheck is gone for the season, will be 32 when he next plays. And no rd 1 draft pick. What a mess this list is. Need to get Ned Guy back to sort it out. :tearsofjoy:
Not bad👍. Gave me a chuckle.

Though you're kinda chirpy for a guy whose team is now officially worse than North.

Whispers shall forever more be known as SIDESTEP.

Has a nice ring to it :).

And Walsh will be forever known as the most overrated player in the history of football. The opposition want the ball in 'Where's Wally's' hands as they know it is coming straight back to them. He is the only player in the comp where the opposition encourage him to kick (if you can even call it a kick).
I have seen some Carlton champions in my time (3 of them would be in the best 18 I have seen) even the current team has one champion and a few potential future champions, but Walsh would be one of the worst players (with a big reputation) to ever play the game. He just cannot hurt the opposition.

Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back