Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St.Kilda???????? You are advertising your dimness Vadge just for this alone!
Saints couldn’t win an argument let alone finish in the 4.
You’re weird man - Blues guys are right!
Saints????? StKilda???? I’ve heard it all!
Carn Blues

You should read the post at the start of the year, stating Saints were trending into the top 4, side splitting

Then claims to be taking the p1ss, when it doesn't come to fruition

All this thread will get IS deflections from Collingwood posters who drink too much of their own 'stuff' - their GF will be in the next meeting of the Clubs.
'Collingwood's Grand Final'.... of which we've played in 45 - how many more than any other club is that?

And played in 7 since Carlton last played in one?

Just a simple reminder not to get too far ahead of yourself, in the way you did in 2022.

I recall a certain unnamed poster who rhymes with 'CArr0w' who when Carlton found themselves in the top 4 at the midway point of 2022 spending a couple of hours quoting historical posts declaring how wrong they were given Carlton's resurgence.

Real egg on face stuff that was... but it was Glorious!
Still living in the past buddy. I mean i guess you can watch that game all you want, in the end, that whole season ended up being a "dead rubber" for both of us. I could watch all the finals and grannies we've eliminated your team from over the years, but here at Carlton, we have bigger and better things to look forward to.

But that's okay buddy, you enjoy living in the past, while we enjoy contending in finals for this decade 😘

You need to learn to differentiate between when someone is taking the p1ss, and someone is getting ahead of themselves....

Oh really 😂

It’s there for all to see.

Pretty sure you had us finishing 13th last year!

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

So multiple posters saying Collingwood aren't a Powerhouse, though declining you provide their rationale as to what constitutes a powerhouse and who those powerhouses are.

Just standard behaviour from this supporter group.

Who do they think they're kidding?

Trying to say 'Collingwood aren't a powerhouse' would be like me saying 'Carlton don't have navy blue in their traditional jumper, so there!'
They did post > 3 flags in 60 years OR more GF wins than losses; maybe make the OR into an AND so the powerhouse is

West coast eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad for pie fans, they thought they were finally ready for a dynasty
Age demographic says we were never going to be a dynasty.
Its perfectly understandable though to be optimistic after a premiership, you guys fancied yourselves
as contenders after winning a couple of those pre season cups we used to have.

Age demographic says we were never going to be a dynasty.
Its perfectly understandable though to be optimistic after a premiership, you guys fancied yourselves
as contenders after winning a couple of those pre season cups we used to have.

I think I have a reasonable feel of where our club has been each year

We might pinch one this year, but I'd say we would be in better shape over the next 2 years

Clearly the Pies have fallen of a cliff with a lot of older players not being able to maintain their form, some injuries and a lack of young talent coming through. But it's friggen nice to have a flag in the bank and the glow of 2023. I for one didn't think we had a dynasty and it would have been amazing if we held it together this year.

Carlton are playing well and a very big chance to go all the way. But so are a lot of teams. Anything can happen.

That's gotta sting the pies fans in here

An article from L.Hodge stating the bleeding obvious doesnt really sting.

Pretty obvious stuff, Carlton's core players - Cripps, McKay, Curnow, Weiters, Walsh, Newman - have all had strong years.

Moore, like the rest of the Pies senior core, have been poor compared to 22-23 output.

It is why Carlton may get a rare finish above us on H&A ladder, but we still have a chance to go 2 from 2 in HTH battle.

An article from L.Hodge stating the bleeding obvious doesnt really sting.

Pretty obvious stuff, Carlton's core players - Cripps, McKay, Curnow, Weiters, Walsh, Newman - have all had strong years.

Moore, like the rest of the Pies senior core, have been poor compared to 22-23 output.

It is why Carlton may get a rare finish above us on H&A ladder, but we still have a chance to go 2 from 2 in HTH battle.

Newman is a core player now? You blokes have been listing him as part of Carltons "weak bottom 6" for years now.

Curnow has had a meh year, not his fault he's still leading the Coleman without getting out of 2nd gear.

Walsh had a good stretch there but I'd say this has been his most average season yet performance-wise, was way more effective in 2021-2023.

Cripps & McKay have had career best years, Weiters is doing what he's always done but is finally getting some credit (still won't be given AA though).

Improvement has come from guys like McGovern, Owies, E. Hollands, Boyd, TDK, Cottrell, Acres, Newman, Kennedy & Hewett - a group of players often maligned by opposition supporters.

Newman is a core player now? You blokes have been listing him as part of Carltons "weak bottom 6" for years now.
Who are "you blokes"?

I reckon a player who was 2nd in Carlton's BnF in 2023 and will probably be top5 again in 2024 is a core player who has kept up his output.
Curnow has had a meh year, not his fault he's still leading the Coleman without getting out of 2nd gear.
More avg shots on goal than previous couple, has been great again.

Walsh had a good stretch there but I'd say this has been his most average season yet performance-wise, was way more effective in 2021-2023.
Coaches disagree and have this year well ahead of 22 and 23, and on par with his 21 season.

Cripps & McKay have had career best years, Weiters is doing what he's always done but is finally getting some credit (still won't be given AA though).
It appears you are confirming what I said, Carlton's core players have all had strong years.

L.Hodge pointing out the bleedin-obvious "better to be in a team when your stars are playing well" aint really newsworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back