Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are "you blokes"?

Collingwood fans on here, mostly.

More avg shots on goal than previous couple, has been great again.

Cops a weekly pasting from the media (and on here) for either going missing, not chasing, not leading up the ground more & missing easy shots. Carlton fans haven't disagreed a whole lot, his performance this year has been genuinely 2nd gear - don't care what stats are pulled out, any Carlton fan would agree.

Coaches disagree and have this year well ahead of 22 and 23, and on par with his 21 season.

Had a few big games, but inconsistent & disposal efficiency is way down on last year, Carlton fans are cringing when he's delivering i50. Easier to poll when you're winning most weeks too.

It appears you are confirming what I said, Carlton's core players have all had strong years.

L.Hodge pointing out the bleedin-obvious "better to be in a team when your stars are playing well" aint really newsworthy.

I'll agree that Cripps & McKay have had career best years, but the improvement has come from the rest of the team.

I guess my point is, our upside is huge, HUGE! If Curnow decides to get out of 2nd gear for finals, and Walsh gets back to being an adequate kick then it's game over really.

thelma and louise remix GIF
leaving thelma and louise GIF

Cripps failing to stand up in the big games again. Walsh so far off his best. Cerra a ghost of his former self. Complete and total reliance on one Curnow. Super small forwards Motlop and Fogarty missing in action. Another night of nothing from Saad.

The Blues have had a glorious run and their supporters should be stoked with what they’ve achieved in comparison to prior teams. But they’re well past their best and it’s probably time to cash in on some older blokes and rebuild for the 2030s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps failing to stand up in the big games again. Walsh so far off his best. Cerra a ghost of his former self. Complete and total reliance on one Curnow. Super small forwards Motlop and Fogarty missing in action. Another night of nothing from Saad.

The Blues have had a glorious run and their supporters should be stoked with what they’ve achieved in comparison to prior teams. But they’re well past their best and it’s probably time to cash in on some older blokes and rebuild for the 2030s
Indeed.

If they can't get the chocolates with Charlie getting 5 frees, it's time to pack it in.

No Carlton are not better, they are every bit as bad as Collingwood this year. So, the Blueshakes are 3 games clear of Collingwood and have played an extra game. The only difference is the Shakers have played the bottom 2, 4 times; Collingwood have only played them once. I keep telling Carlton fans this legendary list they have is no good, but they refuse to listen. It crumbles every time the pressure lifts.

They have 4 games left all against sides currently in the bottom 8….

So they will still finish top 4.

If they don’t finish top 2 it’s goodnight nurse for another season. Again!

No Carlton are not better, they are every bit as bad as Collingwood this year. So, the Blueshakes are 3 games clear of Collingwood and have played an extra game. The only difference is the Shakers have played the bottom 2, 4 times; Collingwood have only played them once. I keep telling Carlton fans this legendary list they have is no good, but they refuse to listen. It crumbles every time the pressure lifts.

The list is great.

They’ve been tricked into thinking Voss is ‘the guy’…. That’s where this all comes undone.

This is sad

They have 4 games left all against sides currently in the bottom 8….

So they will still finish top 4.

If they don’t finish top 2 it’s goodnight nurse for another season. Again!
Would remind me of Pies 2019. Peppered the back of the year with 4 wins against junk sides. Only set us up for disappointment in the end

Vs Top 8 opponents

Carlton - 6W 4L
Collingwood - 3W 4L 2D

Might have something to do with the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back