Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing changes until the completion of the next round

As it stands, we are 6 points ahead of 3rd and 8 points + a sizable % ahead of 5th

Pie supporters have no leverage left from their bizarre predictions prior to the season or even in the first 4 weeks.

16th? Glorious

Until next round, knock yourselves out talking about the past
So we should just let this thread die whilst waiting until the next round? Where's the fun in that?

Excellent ‘Justabattler’ is going to ‘get to me’ should he deem it worth his while.

Shall henceforth redirect all my energies to make the dream a reality.

Already rattled much like teh CollingLOLOLOLs are in 2024.
but since you are a self confessed glitteratti - maybe I'll add some stirring to your shaking.

Listening to McRae on the news talking about getting McCreery back in time for the finals. Gotta get there first champ
Maybe the problem isn't (only) DMoore's lackof leadership and cowardly knees - but also a coach who is feeling a tad under pressure and starting to get a tad ahead of himself....? Just a guess.

It's 2024 . Stick to the facts of why you think Collingwood will be better than Carlton for this year - that is of course if you think that.
Right now, Carlton is the better team in form and in ladder position.

I think your bottom 6-8 is suspect and may be susceptible in high-pressure, high-stakes finals.

I also think if we get back the bulk of our best 22 with a few weeks lead in time prior to finals to gel, we will be hard to beat. So long as we win enough games in the meantime...

I think our back-6 has become fragile after Murphy's concussion retirement, and we need to sort that out if we are to challenge this year.

Ultimately, there are a lot of variables. Injuries, form etc - I think Collingwood will be better than Carlton this year because I am a one-eyed Collingwood supporter. Even if we miss finals if will continue to argue it, probably concocting some sort of ambitious theory about Carlton getting done for salary cap breaches again and losing all their premiership points.

Thus is the nature of the banter and the recently resurrected rivalry.

Listening to McRae on the news talking about getting McCreery back in time for the finals. Gotta get there first champ
That's the difference between teams like Carlton and Collingwood.

Collingwood expect to get there - because we're a Powerhouse, and winning games of football is what we do.

Carlton on the other hand, I reckon their supporters are still in disbelief from when they finally qualified for finals for the first time in a decade in 2023.

Boring 🥱

giphy.gif

Oh, you write words like CollingLOLOLOLs... Here I was thinking you could be fun to banter with.
I roll the dice every day and pick one of my 13 personality types - the last bit of mefematix was for @Fudgey to ponder. Stick around I haven't chosen a proper nic name for you yet =- but then again - you haven't been complete peanut in every post either so kudos to you - over achiever!

That's the difference between teams like Carlton and Collingwood.

Collingwood expect to get there - because we're a Powerhouse, and winning games of football is what we do.

Carlton on the other hand, I reckon their supporters are still in disbelief from when they finally qualified for finals for the first time in a decade in 2023.
Still going back in time I see.
Collingwood are currently A LOT closer to 16th than Carlton. Prove me wrong

I roll the dice every day and pick one of my 13 personality types - the last bit of mefematix was for @Fudgey to ponder. Stick around I haven't chosen a proper nic name for you yet =- but then again - you haven't been complete peanut in every post either so kudos to you - over achiever!
I generally aim for a 50/50 posting ratio of peanut to proper discussion. Have found the main board to be devoid of any proper analysis in recent years, so generally steer clear of attempting to have any insightful debates. Too many peanuts going around, y'know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice stat Fadge👍. It's worth repeating. Pies have won 16 of the last 20 against the Blues. This includes the grim reaper game😂.
16 of 20!
Damn that's a domination!! In fact it's a humiliation. Especially when it's the arch rival. Must suck being a bagger fan.
Was one of those wins when you decided to celebrate your 125th year against us?

Right now, Carlton is the better team in form and in ladder position.

I think your bottom 6-8 is suspect and may be susceptible in high-pressure, high-stakes finals.

I also think if we get back the bulk of our best 22 with a few weeks lead in time prior to finals to gel, we will be hard to beat. So long as we win enough games in the meantime...

I think our back-6 has become fragile after Murphy's concussion retirement, and we need to sort that out if we are to challenge this year.

Ultimately, there are a lot of variables. Injuries, form etc - I think Collingwood will be better than Carlton this year because I am a one-eyed Collingwood supporter. Even if we miss finals if will continue to argue it, probably concocting some sort of ambitious theory about Carlton getting done for salary cap breaches again and losing all their premiership points.

Thus is the nature of the banter and the recently resurrected rivalry.
And who exactly are our bottom 8 players?

whats with all the moaning about a retired player in murphy

bloody liam jones still plays despite "retiring" but you dont see us making excuses for Weitering.

Weitering is legit. Moore is a 2nd string clown.

whats with all the moaning about a retired player in murphy

bloody liam jones still plays despite "retiring" but you dont see us making excuses for Weitering.

Weitering is legit. Moore is a 2nd string clown.
If we still had Jonesy we'd be unbeatable down back.

Moore should probably focus less on taking players out with his knees and more on not running around like a headless chook while his direct opponents run a mock.

I generally aim for a 50/50 posting ratio of peanut to proper discussion. Have found the main board to be devoid of any proper analysis in recent years, so generally steer clear of attempting to have any insightful debates. Too many peanuts going around, y'know?
there have been some attempts made to make the thread more about some discussion about the actual teams , players, coming matches etc- however, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this ....

As for proper analysis - good luck finding that on BF - it the exception rather than the rule - shame but it is what it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back