Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
there have been some attempts made to make the thread more about some discussion about the actual teams , players, coming matches etc- however, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this ....

As for proper analysis - good luck finding that on BF - it the exception rather than the rule - shame but it is what it is.
Got to love how you post this, and the posts
from the start of this page immediately follow....

there have been some attempts made to make the thread more about some discussion about the actual teams , players, coming matches etc- however, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this ....

As for proper analysis - good luck finding that on BF - it the exception rather than the rule - shame but it is what it is.
Team boards are usually better on that front. The AFL main board used to be okay, but has turned into Bay13 in recent years. Not that a bit of banter/peanut behaviour isn't fun at times, but would be nice to have a better balance. This banter thread has been a bit of fun though soon becomes repetitive.

Itā€™s been only twice in the last quarter century that the team finishing with the flag has had a Seconds side finish outside the top 10 in the VFL/seconds comp.

Doesnā€™t bode well for baggers. Baggers 2s have the woodenware DIALLED in
Wait are the Baggers 2s known as the Double Baggers?

You'll know your team more intimately, but I'll have a crack at your bottom 8 based on last weeks team:

Cowan, Hewett, O Hollands, Owies, Fantasia, Kennedy, Kemp, Fogarty

What's your take? Is that close to the mark?
8 goals from the bottom 8 players last week is pretty good in my eyes

Listening to McRae on the news talking about getting McCreery back in time for the finals. Gotta get there first champ
Yep, theyā€™re a very good chance to lose this weekend to Essenbomb.

After struggling against North, losing to the mighty Gold Coast, The Bombs will a step too far.

Premiership Captain, multiple AA clown to you

Weitering is aā€¦.. oh wait. Nothing.

View attachment 2037655
Maybe I should post an image of Geoff Southby - heā€™s from the past too!

Anyway in the present, Moore is a captain under enormous pressure, playing very poorly, whoā€™s only impact on games is to deliberately injure oppo players.

He canā€™t kick, canā€™t defend one on one & needs a new hair colour!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I should post an image of Geoff Southby - heā€™s from the past too!

Anyway in the present, Moore is a captain under enormous pressure, playing very poorly, whoā€™s only impact on games is to deliberately injure oppo players.

He canā€™t kick, canā€™t defend one on one & needs a new hair colour!
Cmon Charlie my man!

Southby?? Moore as past?? He is a current day player and captain or have you been drinking too much of that bath water thatā€™s currently going around at Ikon

Schultz for a first and 2nd rounder
Ricky Gervais Lol GIF
Pick 16 and 46 for Stephen O'Reilly who played 12 games, who you had to pay illegally outside the cap. Then he blew the whistle on you, after which you got fined and got kicked out of multiple drafts.

All in all - Stephen O'Reilly for: Pick 16, pick 46, $1m fine, pick 1, 2, 17 and 33 in the 2003 draft, pick 1 in the 2003 PSD, 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2004 draft, plus blowing a multi-million dollar investment in Pagan.

Schultz an absolute bargain in comparison.

Cmon Charlie my man!

Southby?? Moore as past?? He is a current day player and captain or have you been drinking too much of that bath water thatā€™s currently going around at Ikon
It was a reference to the horrific image Iā€™m still trying to block from my memory.

Mooreā€™s worth is as much in the past as G. Southby - just a much lower worth.

Heā€™s a shadow of the player he used to be- much like the club he plays for ol sport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back