Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

All our older players are actually going just as well as last year - injuries and a drop in form from Moore, Quaynor and probably a handful of others is where the difference lies IMO.
Cox, Howe, Pendles, Sidearse and Mihocek are all playing as well as last year? They've mostly been awful this year.

Moore, Quaynor, McCreery etc have just been even worse.

Cox, Howe, Pendles, Sidearse and Mihocek are all playing as well as last year? They've mostly been awful this year.

Moore, Quaynor, McCreery etc have just been even worse.
Cox was just ok last year and remains so this year.

Howe at about the same level. Same for Pendles. Sidey down on last year. Checkers kicking about the same amount of goals.

Basically all of them bar Sidey have been in and out of the team through injury though.

Agree on the last 3.

Are you sure about that?

That would be an interesting analysis....

How old would a Carlton supporter (over the age of 5 years old) need to be to have witnessed a positive win/loss record?

Let me get out my abacus...

Since 1995, I have watched my club win 1 flag and you’ve watched your club win 2 flags.

Carlton supporter mentality: “We know we can do better.”

Collingwood supporter mentality: “We have won LOTS……. we move behind only Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond, West Coast and equal with Adelaide and Sydney on Grand Final wins since 1992.

Basically, you are the 8th best performing AFL club in that period. Adelaide only needed one Grand Final to beat St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 16 and 46 for Stephen O'Reilly who played 12 games, who you had to pay illegally outside the cap. Then he blew the whistle on you, after which you got fined and got kicked out of multiple drafts.

All in all - Stephen O'Reilly for: Pick 16, pick 46, $1m fine, pick 1, 2, 17 and 33 in the 2003 draft, pick 1 in the 2003 PSD, 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2004 draft, plus blowing a multi-million dollar investment in Pagan.

Schultz an absolute bargain in comparison.

You know a trade your club made is shit when you need to Google “Shittest AFL trade of all time.” and hit on a trade from 21 years ago. It makes the Shultz trade no less damaging in 2024.

Since 1995, I have watched my club win 1 flag and you’ve watched your club win 2 flags.

Carlton supporter mentality: “We know we can do better.”

Collingwood supporter mentality: “We have won LOTS……. we move behind only Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond, West Coast and equal with Adelaide and Sydney on Grand Final wins since 1992.

Basically, you are the 8th best performing AFL club in that period. Adelaide only needed one Grand Final to beat St Kilda.
Oh Goody.

Now we're cutting off at 1992.

I'm sure you're forgetting Collingwood won a flag in 1990. Honest mistake, I guess...

Oh Goody.

Now we're cutting off at 1992.

I'm sure you're forgetting Collingwood won a flag in 1990. Honest mistake, I guess...

It was against the club formerly known as…. I can’t say their name. Whether you won or they won, who cares. The 1990 GF doesn’t register.

It was against the club formerly known as…. I can’t say their name. Whether you won or they won, who cares. The 1990 GF doesn’t register.
That's a Carlton supporter's prerogative to make that call, but the rest of the population acknowledges it.

But it's a shame for you, because you obviously don't register your 1999 Preliminary Final win.

So in the eyes of Carlton fans, it's now been 29 years since their last Grand Final appearance.

Wowee.

That's a Carlton supporter's prerogative to make that call, but the rest of the population acknowledges it.

But it's a shame for you, because you obviously don't register your 1999 Preliminary Final win.

So in the eyes of Carlton fans, it's now been 29 years since their last Grand Final appearance.

Wowee.

I do register it. I just don’t register our 1999 GF loss.

I am sure leading up to the 1990 GF was “exciting” for the rest of the population. Then people got on with the rest of their lives the second it finished and haven’t thought about it since. Ridiculous to think otherwise 😂

What for? Isn't that the start of the "off-season"? You won't be here of course 🤔
You’ll be in Geelong for your holidays.

The good news is your favourite motel in Geelong “The Dirty Bird Den” has a buy 10 get one free offer - so you’re set for the next 10 years at your favourite holiday “resort”.

IMG_0284.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back