Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick 16 and 46 for Stephen O'Reilly who played 12 games, who you had to pay illegally outside the cap. Then he blew the whistle on you, after which you got fined and got kicked out of multiple drafts.

All in all - Stephen O'Reilly for: Pick 16, pick 46, $1m fine, pick 1, 2, 17 and 33 in the 2003 draft, pick 1 in the 2003 PSD, 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2004 draft, plus blowing a multi-million dollar investment in Pagan.

Schultz an absolute bargain in comparison.
Wow - you have to go back to Stephen O’Reilly - haha!

Our recruiters must have done an amazing job :)

PS - Schultz is 💩

You'll know your team more intimately, but I'll have a crack at your bottom 8 based on last weeks team:

Cowan, Hewett, O Hollands, Owies, Fantasia, Kennedy, Kemp, Fogarty

What's your take? Is that close to the mark?
Despite a few of them not being accurate what exactly is wrong with them? You guys won a flag with spuds like Frampton, McCreery, Hoskin-Elliot, Mitchell, Markov, Murphy, Ginnivan and Cox. Are any of them considerably better than those you listed?

Every team in the comp has role players, players like Fogarty and Kennedy are never going to be AA stars but they play a vital role in the team and are by no means substandard players.

Despite a few of them not being accurate what exactly is wrong with them? You guys won a flag with spuds like Frampton, McCreery, Hoskin-Elliot, Mitchell, Markov, Murphy, Ginnivan and Cox. Are any of them considerably better than those you listed?

Every team in the comp has role players, players like Fogarty and Kennedy are never going to be AA stars but they play a vital role in the team and are by no means substandard players.
If you go back to my original post, I’m not saying your bottom 8 are a bag of spuds, just that I think they may be susceptible in the heat of finals. Time will tell.

Well, I do confess to finding it a breath of fresh air to actually having something to banter about. Got a bit boring for a few decades there to constantly be requested to smell what you were cooking whilst you won a record number of wooden spoons. All off the back of being caught cheating mind you, with the investigation conveniently focussing on the years shortly after you won the flag* (you were also caught cheating the year before the premiership* too) - think I can smell something there...

On topic as per your wishes, we've got you covered in finals. Hence, my projection is we will ultimately be better :)
1990 fined for cap cheating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you heard of the Butterfly Effect?

Unfortunately, whilst both could play, their bodies weren't up to it. There's only so long strong clubs carry injury prone players on their list, so they exit and open up list spots for eventual premiership players.
We have a couple of those - Collingwood could do worst than take them on.

Your talents drops away quickly after the top 5.

If you go back to my original post, I’m not saying your bottom 8 are a bag of spuds, just that I think they may be susceptible in the heat of finals. Time will tell.
Right... so just the vibe then?

Most of them went just fine last year in their first finals run...

Fantasia Owies and O.Hollands all imo replaced by returning players in Martin Motlop and Cottrell who all showed they're fine under the heat of finals last year.

Martin Hewett Motlop Kemp Kennedy Fogarty Cowan Cottrell

Seems like a fairly good 'bottom 8'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back