Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dirty Bird Crew at least showed their faces.

That might be the last we see of them for a while.

They’re headed south in more ways than one. 😂👍🏼💩

Hitch Hiker Reaction GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

More a comment on how meek Charlie has been in finals when he doesn't get gifted his half dozen free kicks a game.
You're not going to well this morning mate lol.

Mr 42%
Mr 42%
Mr 42%
At least Taranto tackles and applies pressure when he wants to absolutely butcher the ball

Young Nick might need some pointers off him

Ok I know this is a banter thread but I want to get real for just one post.

The fact that Carlton can omit players like Pittonet and Hewett, says alot about the depth they have.
They really do have an unbelievable amount of talent in that side.
Cripps, Curnow, Weitering, De Koning, McKay, Walsh, shit the list goes on.
And we have Nick and sadly not much else.

Carlton lacked one final ingredient and that was belief.
They have that now in spades.

There is still a bit to go in the season but Carlton will be swimming to the shore, whilst we unfortunately will try and stay afloat.
I heard last night that the biggest GF hangover of all time was Premier to 13th.
We are a chance this year to replicate that:(.

So whilst we are the current premiership team and clearly the most successful club in the past 12 months.
This year I believe will go to Carlton.

The question is Can they go all the way as we did, or will they just finish higher on the ladder than us?

And if it is the latter, is that still a failure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will be interesting is how McCraes Ted Lasso impersonation goes from here. Can he have the hard conversations? Asking the mids pretty please chase your opponents doesn’t seem to be working. Easy to be the sensitive coach when things are going well. That team needs a bake

The fact that Carlton can omit players like Pittonet and Hewett, says alot about the depth they have.

There is still a bit to go in the season but Carlton will be swimming to the shore, whilst we unfortunately will try and stay afloat.
I heard last night that the biggest GF hangover of all time was Premier to 13th.

So whilst we are the current premiership team and clearly the most successful club in the past 12 months.

The question is Can they go all the way as we did, or will they just finish higher on the ladder than us?

We certainly won’t celebrate losing Grand Finals, winning a lot of H&A games, or finishing above a certain team.

Amazing - ever since teams figured out all you have to do is clog up the corridor and apply some pressure the Colingwood 'reigning premiers' football team have lost their "AURA".

Oh and poor NDaicosthe first player EVER to be held accountable by opposition players - this apparently is not a fair thing to do to the game's best player ever.

Injuries? 17 premiership players were flopping around for Collingwdo last night Mason Cox was a huge out for them.

Maybe if Collingwood had laid more than 40 tackles for the game instead of thinking they had won the game after the first quarter - they could have shown something - anything.

Darcy Moore - schooled by a first gamer - why not? he has been schooled by everyone else he hasn't managed to put a knee into.

Oh well.

PS well done Essendon - getting over THE AURA.

Won't be a failure in this thread though mate we win.

17> 16

simple.

Of course they can go all the way.

Whether they will or not we will have fun finding out.

The joy is in the journey as well as the destination.

Please try to enjoy yours;

Family Guy Stairs GIF

Not really a big scalp. We are injury riddled and patching up holes every week and then we lose another three premiership players to long term injuries. It's not meant to be. Bombers at full strength should have been favorites from the start.

We had no ruckman on the ground for most of the last term and now going forward will have to rely on Freddie Krueger to impersonate one for the next few weeks. Context matters.
The real context is The Dirty Birds are 💩

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back