Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choking Sign Language GIF by Sign with Robert

Nah, a five goal lead is nothing these days, especially at half time. If it happened in the final quarter, though...
Nah, Carlton are choking there way out of a golden shot at a flag.

You won’t win it now this year, teams have worked you guys out.

They are so hard to win, especially with teams like Hawthorn, GC and even NM coming up, that and also with Tassie joining.

It’s now or never for the Blues, I fear your drought will continue for a long time after. Could be 40 even 50+ years without a flag.

They are so hard to win, especially with teams like Hawthorn, GC and even NM coming up, that and also with Tassie joining.

It’s now or never for the Blues, I fear your drought will continue for a long time after. Could be 40 even 50+ years without a flag.

Our age demographic is like the Pies?

Our age demographic is like the Pies?
What has Pies age demographic got to do with it? We climbed the mountain. You have not and don’t look like it.

You’ll have quite a few in there 30s next year also. Cripps, Saad, McGovern, Martin, Newman and Docherty to name a few. Also alot will be in the 28/29 bracket. So yes time is running out.

At least we play one of the bottom teams next week.

What has Pies age demographic got to do with it? We climbed the mountain. You have not and don’t look like it.

You’ll have quite a few in there 30s next year also. Cripps, Saad, McGovern, Martin, Newman and Docherty to name a few. Also alot will be in the 28/29 bracket. So yes time is running out.

Each of those will be turning 30 next year (except Docherty who hasn't played this year), I'd back them to still be playing good footy at 30. I mean, you guys won a flag with about 10 players over 30 last year.

But agree with most of what others are saying - this is a golden opportunity given there aren't many standout teams besides Sydney.

We've failed serious tests this month, and Pies have the opportunity to stick a fork in us next week.

Each of those will be turning 30 next year (except Docherty who hasn't played this year), I'd back them to still be playing good footy at 30. I mean, you guys won a flag with about 10 players over 30 last year.

But agree with most of what others are saying - this is a golden opportunity given there aren't many standout teams besides Sydney.

We've failed serious tests this month, and Pies have the opportunity to stick a fork in us next week.
Yep agreed.

Although those mentioned don’t scream Pendles & Sidebottom longevity.

Cripps I can see declining due to the fact that he carries your side weak in weak out and is constantly knocked about and I feel he already has some body concerns anyway.

Time will tell, but best to climb the mountain with this group before chest beating, because at this rate you’ll be going interstate and going about the finals series the hard way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep agreed.

Although those mentioned don’t scream Pendles & Sidebottom longevity.

Newman barely misses a game, McGovern & Saad are worries but shouldn't be that hard to replace, Martin & Docherty barely play as is.

Cripps I can see declining due to the fact that he carries your side weak in weak out and is constantly knocked about and I feel he already has some body concerns anyway.

There's been no indication of that. They said that when he was 25yo, he's now 29yo and had a career best year and one of the favorites to win the Brownlow. He has barely missed a game for 3 years, his body is built to handle what it cops. Inside mids also tend to stick around longer than people realize.

Our window is now but our age isn't a huge concern. Like I said Collingwood won last year with multiple players 30+, Geelong even more the year before. Maybe 30 is the new 26 - sport science, later developing Gen Z etc.

Time will tell, but best to climb the mountain with this group before chest beating, because at this rate you’ll be going interstate and going about the finals series the hard way.

I'm not even thinking about top 2 or even 4 right now. We're looking a long way off Premiership material at the worst possible time.

Thread title is who will be better, if we beat you again next week then the season total is 2 nil to us. hence we are better
Do we have to spell it out to you again Richmond are not better than Sydney are they? Whoever finishes higher has had the better season, now see if you can remember that for a week or two.

Plenty of time beyond this year, we aren't even in the age demographic of recent flag winners

Do we have to spell it out to you again Richmond are not better than Sydney are they? Whoever finishes higher has had the better season, now see if you can remember that for a week or two.
with a compromised draw ladder positions dont matter. we beat you twice, you are our bitch and we are better. Suck it up buttercup

Thread title is who will be better, if we beat you again next week then the season total is 2 nil to us. hence we are better
This sounds like the copium hawks used in 2007 with Geelong “we beat you in round 6”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back