Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word I created for Carlton's continual failure season after season in both Home and Away and Finals series, 'The Blueshakes' is now officially part of Football folklore. It has been acknowledged by Carlton supporters on the Carlton Board.

View attachment 2065531
Hmm i thought you weren't supposed to quote opposition boards on here mate.

I got a telling off myself for quoting a post from your board on this very thread. I have no issues with you quoting our board anyway.

It's just seems that the rule isn't consistently applied however.

Hmm i thought you weren't supposed to quote opposition boards on here mate.

I got a telling off myself for quoting a post from your board on here. I have no issues with you quoting our board anyway.

It's just seems that the rule isn't consistently applied however.

I didn’t quote anyone. I took a snippet from something and did not make reference to who it was. Happy to delete if it infuriates, upsets or deregulates anyone’s morning.

I didn’t quote anyone. I took a snippet from something and did not make reference to who it was. Happy to delete if it infuriates, upsets or deregulates anyone’s morning.
No you're good mate. As long as we get a badly needed win that's the main thing.

I do fear that the ghosts and demons from the last twenty two years are not dying easily!

We're just trying to get this almost thirty year burden off our backs!

No you're good mate. As long as we get a badly needed win that's the main thing.

I do fear that the ghosts and demons from the last twenty two years are not dying easily!

We're just trying to get this almost thirty year burden off our backs!

Going to be a huge game. Will be a lot of mind games both ways. Massive ramifications for both clubs. Huge crowd. The biggest ticket in town. I am so excited to get there that I actually forgot there was a game tonight. This is why Collingwood and Carlton are the Big 2. There are no bigger clubs in the country.

Pies are on 40 points with 4 games to play
How is it a worse defence OAT compared to Adelaide 1999 where they finished 13th in a 16 team comp and 8 wins for the season?
No, no, no.... you've got it all wrong.

When Adelaide won the 1998 premiership, Adelaide only finished fifth.

Despite Carlton posters spending the last 6 months begging for validation about Carlton really finishing 3rd (or 4th) in 2023, despite any ladder available showing us they finished in 5th place.

So the ladder at the end of the home and away season is all that matters for Carlton supporters when it suits their narrative, but the draft order is all that matters for Carlton supporters when it suits their other narrative.

Isn't this from the same Collingwood fans that were furiously debating posters who didn't recognize them as back to back chances because their list was so old. The entire off season was basically Pies fans whinging on BigFooty and Twitter that opposition supporters weren't taking them seriously despite winning the flag in 2023.

Begging for validation... LMAO

Isn't this from the same Collingwood fans that were furiously debating posters who didn't recognize them as back to back chances because their list was so old. The entire off season was basically Pies fans whinging on BigFooty and Twitter that opposition supporters weren't taking them seriously despite winning the flag in 2023.

Premiership teams don't need validation.

The Premiership Cup is all the validation that is required.

Although I'm sure a few joked that we couldn't envisage anything less than a 4peat.

If you lose this week...

No, no, no.... you've got it all wrong.

When Adelaide won the 1998 premiership, Adelaide only finished fifth.

Despite Carlton posters spending the last 6 months begging for validation about Carlton really finishing 3rd (or 4th) in 2023, despite any ladder available showing us they finished in 5th place.

So the ladder at the end of the home and away season is all that matters for Carlton supporters when it suits their narrative, but the draft order is all that matters for Carlton supporters when it suits their other narrative.
You of all people talking about the changing of narrative

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership teams don't need validation.

The Premiership Cup is all the validation that is required.

Although I'm sure a few joked that we couldn't envisage anything less than a 4peat.
Looks like a nopeat coming up.

How did the Pies go?
You do realise you can look that up yourself?

Pies went 1-3

The point is Colliwobbles was a historical VFL term about strong Collingwood teams wobbling in September.

Blueshakes is an AFL term about Carlton sides getting the shakes when expectations increase to fall in a heap and not actually ever seriously contend.

You do realise you can look that up yourself?

Pies went 1-3

The point is Colliwobbles was a historical VFL term about strong Collingwood teams wobbling in September.

Blueshakes is an AFL term about Carlton sides getting the shakes when expectations increase to fall in a heap and not actually ever seriously contend.
Where's Corn Cobbers didn't he make Blueshakes up?

Where is this documented?

The thread question is 'who will be better', which is open to interpretation.
No, that definition makes the most sense and I think we need to draw a solid line against any other BS interpretations (including H2H)

Will lol if pies beat blues and blues drop another couple and pies finish ahead

Edit on reflection H2H would only come in as a tie break if both teams exit finals on the same week - arguably also if both out of finals on same wins (more relevant than percentage imo for purpose of thread though open to counter argument too)

No, that definition makes the most sense and I think we need to draw a solid line against any other BS interpretations (including H2H)

Edit on reflection H2H would only come in as a tie break if both teams exit finals on the same week - arguably also if both out of finals on same wins (more relevant than percentage imo for purpose of thread though open to counter argument too)
Fadge , the gatekeeper of bigfooty threads and outcomes........

Rubbish.

If Carlton make finals (and are eliminated in week 1) by finishing a game or two ahead of Collingwood, courtesy of two additional games against the bottom two easybeats and some dubious umpiring (i.e. Dissentgate against Fremantle in Gather Round), and Carlton have either a 1:1 or 0:2 Head to Head record against Collingwood, you'd be hard up to conclude Carlton were any better than Collingwood in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back