Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect you'll be able to use the 'We haven't contended in over two decades and won five spoons in that time' card for some time to come.

Except it will increase to 3, 4, 5 decades and 6, 7, 10 spoons.
That's only a guess but 3 flags in 6 decades is the reality for Pie supporters.

I'm sure he could hit it 300 metres back in the 70's and 80's ('The Good Old Days').
No one was hitting the ball 300 meters back in the 70's or 80's Fudgey - you'd know that if you had a clue but as usual you try and mask your ignorance by bitter sarcasm- which is a natural outcome of following a Club whose DNA is stamped natural born participants interspersed with a flukey flag every three decades or so.

Truth is Collinwgood is EVERY CLUB's (beeches) - even St Kilda's.

No one was hitting the ball 300 meters back in the 70's or 80's Fudgey - you'd know that if you had a clue but as usual you try and mask your ignorance by bitter sarcasm- which is a natural outcome of following a Club whose DNA is stamped natural born participants interspersed with a flukey flag every three decades or so.

Truth is Collinwgood is EVERY CLUB's (beeches) - even St Kilda's.
Always better to be a 'Flukey Flag Winner' than an 'Experienced Wooden Spooner with no peer in the past two decades'.

So is no Flags or even Grand Finals for Carlton in a quarter of a century, with 'The Streak' alive and well.
You would think the Pies are well ahead on Premierships by the way some speak.

Always better to be a 'Flukey Flag Winner' than an 'Experienced Wooden Spooner with no peer in the past two decades'.
No one gives a flying about spoons, if you don't win a flag you're equal with everyone else.

Typical Carlton supporting mentality.
Lol, nobody celebrates coming second mate, you may as well be last. In fact, they used to hand out medals to the runners up until Collingwood players showed their disdain for that idea, shows you how much they valued coming second.

So, it's not a Carlton mentality, it's the way Aussie Rules participants have always seen it.

Lol, nobody celebrates coming second mate, you may as well be last. In fact, they used to hand out medals to the runners up until Collingwood players showed their disdain for that idea, shows you how much they valued coming second.

So, it's not a Carlton mentality, it's the way Aussie Rules participants have always seen it.
Oh look, another one.

Looking forward to you both concluding there is no winner in this thread should neither team win the flag...

Oh look, another one.

Looking forward to you both concluding there is no winner in this thread should neither team win the flag...
One team will have performed better than the other, which actually answers the question posed in the thread title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh look, another one.

Read the thread title mate, doesn't even mention premierships.

'The Streak of Ineptitude and Mediocrity' - Carlton Football Club 2000 to present.

Comprehension is important.
It's a stupid question, framed in a manner that it is incomprehensible without an explanation.

Can you please direct me to thread that says " Carlton - mediocre this century " ?
This thread is asking who will be better in 2024.
Comprehension is important indeed
You might want to highlight this to your Carlton supporting Brethren...
That's only a guess but 3 flags in 6 decades is the reality for Pie supporters.
Or continue to be hypocritical...

I don't really care which way you go.

You would think the Pies are well ahead on Premierships by the way some speak.

But they are according to #Imfadgening :rolleyes:

Collingwood's 'normal historical measures of irrelevancy'....

Winning the most premierships in the history of the competition;
Winning the most games in the history of the competition;
Playing in over one third of all Grand Finals in the history of the game;
Winning the most finals in the history of the competition;
Longest period between Grand Final appearances is 11 seasons;

Tell me more about these 'historical measures of irrelevancy'.

Last edited:
It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

Clue: Questions end with '?'
So, you're saying that this which I responded to wasn't a question? the fact that you decided not to use a ? where you should have, doesn't change that fact.

msedge_dNxf05Thqe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back