Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And wins against the Giants, Suns, Cats, and Bombers who you have failed to beat ofc

Edit: And the Dockers!
To be fair you didnā€™t play GCS in QLD where theyā€™ve only lost one game.

Lost by a kick to a team that has been nowhere all season essentially while all our prime movers are in the peak of their careers. 9 years of rebuilding for this sorta rubbish.

I thought 2022ā€™s meltdown to end the season was bad but this pathetic run home takes the cake.
I feel your pain bro.

I thought you'd been rebuilding for 20 years though.

Oh yes, thanks for the reminder that in 2024 Collingwood are the reigning premiers!!

Not too pissed, things aint gone our way, we only got Carlton twice this year!

Knowing Collingwood we will be back in top4 again quickly.

When are you predicting Carlton will have their first top4 finish of the 21st century?
Just building nicely for the next couple of years. Thanks for asking

Lost by a kick to a team that has been nowhere all season essentially while all our prime movers are in the peak of their careers. 9 years of rebuilding for this sorta rubbish.

I thought 2022ā€™s meltdown to end the season was bad but this pathetic run home takes the cake.
Its alright mate. I get it. The Pies don't like sharing the love . It happens. They probably felt the same way after Hawthorn ( continually) touched them up. We move on .

The 2022 Blueshake was a great vintage, will be hard to top.

The 2024 Blueshake needs additional losses to Hawks and Saints to be in same class.

Who is a 2024 Blueshake believer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4 basically gone so worse as far as Iā€™m concerned.

Only making finals is rubbish.
The 2024 Blueshake may still not fully mature.

Hold onto some hope, you are only 1 game behind second with 3 games to go (all three against teams below you)

This could still be Carlton's best H&A season of the 21st century.

Both

I've been critical of list management over the last 4 years that we haven't addressed our list weaknesses

I've also been critical of some of Voss's tactics

But which list or coach is immune from criticism. 6 weeks ago everyone had Swans being untouchable, how does that look now
At the time the 2023 end simply showed we still had a way to go. Made a prelim but looked well off Brisbane.

Voss and the club won back respect but for mine this year has shown that both the coaches and list arenā€™t up to having a complete season where we donā€™t have big down periods. 2022,2023 and now 2024 are all years in which weā€™ve played shocking football for weeks on end.

Swans fortunately won a lot of games early and maybe they are just going through a strange down period in a weird season in general with real standout.

At the time the 2023 end simply showed we still had a way to go. Made a prelim but looked well off Brisbane.
No side beat the Lions at home, so all sides were well off at the Gabba

Voss and the club won back respect but for mine this year has shown that both the coaches and list arenā€™t up to having a complete season where we donā€™t have big down periods.
Not really interested how we are viewed, by our own or neutrals. We have been spanked once this year, our other losses have been tight contests. Admittedly, some games felt like we were never in it

2022,2023 and now 2024 are all years in which weā€™ve played shocking football for weeks on end.
Not really that different to most sides, this year is a great example of poor patches for all sides

Swans fortunately won a lot of games early and maybe they are just going through a strange down period in a weird season in general with real standout.

Apart from the 2 extra wins, their season is similar to ours, struggling in the back end of the year

Voss and the club won back respect but for mine this year has shown that both the coaches and list arenā€™t up to having a complete season where we donā€™t have big down periods. 2022,2023 and now 2024 are all years in which weā€™ve played shocking football for weeks on end.

If they want to get fairdinkum, the need to cut loose Marchbank, Martin, Cunningham , Young , both Durdins, and one of Williams or Fantasia.
These player types that are always injured for a good half season each one of them - can bugger off. Its not as if there any any world beaters amongst that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back