Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's beautifully set up now for the final round when Carlton get knocked out of the 8 by the mighty Essington😂. You know it's coming!
It would be if we were playing Essendon.

Who above them on the ladder have North beaten twice?

Haven't you been crapping on for years, whenever we won big game claiming 'it's not about who you play, but when you play them'?

Now that it suits your narrative, head to head results are the be-all & end-all of defining who is better.

Make up your mind.

Last edited:
You are judging who is better off two games in a 23-game season rather than all 23 games.

What have I said that is wrong?
Sorry. If you are asking who will finish higher on the ladder, then we will find out end of season.

However, if the question is who is the better team, then it’s obviously the team that has won every encounter between the 2 this season.

Simple really.

Sorry. If you are asking who will finish higher on the ladder, then we will find out end of season.

However, if the question is who is the better team, then it’s obviously the team that has won every encounter between the 2 this season.

Simple really.
So you are judging who is better based on two games - so what I said was correct.

Are Carlton now better than Brisbane because we beat them in OR? Are St Kilda better than Collingwood because they won their encounter?

In a 23-game season you should use all games available to see who has been better in any given season not just 2/23 games which roughly equates to 9% of the season.

And Collingwoods season even further down the drain
Oh well, we have the 2023 premiership in our back pocket to sooth the pain.

Carlton, meanwhile, who have been building and rebuilding for over two decades to get their list to where it is now - what do they have to console themselves?

I know... 'Next Year'.

So you are judging who is better based on two games - so what I said was correct.

Are Carlton now better than Brisbane because we beat them in OR? Are St Kilda better than Collingwood because they won their encounter?

In a 23-game season you should use all games available to see who has been better in any given season not just 2/23 games which roughly equates to 9% of the season.
FMD.

Bloos fans delusional to think they can lose every game against a particular opponent and still think they are better than that opponent.
Clutching now….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its great isn't it. Both seasons in a drain. What a time to be alive.
I really hope you guys win it - it will be well deserved and hard earned, after knocking on the door for the past 5 seasons.

Just stop at the single flag though. I'm not interested in witnessing another Brisbane dynasty....

Last edited:
Bloos fans delusional to think they can lose every game against a particular opponent and still think they are better than that opponent.
Clutching now….
So St Kilda are better than Collingwood and Carlton are better than Brisbane. Good to know.

Clutching now….

So, if Collingwood lost to St Kilda twice this year - once fair & square and out of form, then the 2nd time the team bus crashes and Daicos, Pendles, De Goey, IQ, Moore, Elliot, Hill, Cox & Maynard weren't wearing seat belts and copped minor injuries so couldn't play that week, but Collingwood finished 9 spots higher... St Kilda are the better team? I see.

its not who you play but when you play them.

So St Kilda are better than Collingwood and Carlton are better than Brisbane. Good to know.
We haven’t played St Kilda 2x.

And you think playing Brisbane once and getting over them by 1 point at the start of the season when they won 2 of their first 9 games makes you better than them? Wait for the return bout. The Lions will win by 10+ goals.

But keep clutching.

This ended up being a fizzer sadly. Preseason it felt like we'd both be up there challenging and it would be a great year for the rivalry. Now we've both had disappointing seasons and it's a question of bragging about who finished higher in mid-table/who won the fixtures between us. For me, it's all kind of irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully 2025 is more exciting and consequential.

Bit of a let down no matter which team you support.

What's the point of a ladder? Every team should just play each other twice and can work out how finals afterwards I reckon.

So, if Collingwood lost to St Kilda twice this year - once fair & square and out of form, then the 2nd time the team bus crashes and Daicos, Pendles, De Goey, IQ, Moore, Elliot, Hill, Cox & Maynard weren't wearing seat belts and copped minor injuries so couldn't play that week, but Collingwood finished 9 spots higher... St Kilda are the better team? I see.

its not who you play but when you play them.
Weird post

We haven’t played St Kilda 2x.

And you think playing Brisbane once and getting over them by 1 point at the start of the season when they won 2 of their first 9 games makes you better than them? Wait for the return bout. The Lions will win by 10+ goals.

But keep clutching.
No I don't think we are better than Brisbane because they are 2nd and we are 8th. I don't base who is better on one or two games like you do in a 23-game season.

But keep shifting the goalposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back