Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies and gentlemen i present to you the Collingwood Football Club, the AFL's grand final losing experts.:laughv1:

455439883_3624528334527069_2362612347506900752_n.jpg

And if things get really bad, Crazy Vossy will whip down to Aldi, pickup a few trays of snags, and release a video on YouTube inviting all the contributors on this thread to an apology sausage sizzle to smooth things over.

To further lift the now buoyant morale, he will unveil a new poster which muses on whether we can or cannot smell what he’s cooking.

Carlton fans will rejoice at the clever marketing ploy (not to mention the free sausage!) And tuck themselves in that night so giddy with excitement for what 2026 may bring, that Chief, Arrow and Robertio will not sleep a wink.

They will then start a thread on BigFooty to troll Collingwood fans, where they excitedly gossip about what they think they can smell their team cooking, and taunt us with stories of that time they got a free sausage.

Unfortunately after a promising start to 2026, which naturally prompts the Carlton faithful to buy grand final tickets in June, their season fizzes out again, and Crazy Vossy knows exactly what to do…
I think you should be looking in your own backyard at your club as there are far more worries going forwaed for the Pies than there is for the Blues

You mean something that is relevant to 2024?

In 2024, the Blueshakes active premiership drought of 29 years.
The last 29 years isn't relevant to 2024. The only thing relevant to 2024 is this year. This thread is simply comparing Carlton and Collingwood this season

But still above Collingwood on the ladder
4 games for 4 gifted wins against the uncompetitive bottom 2 will sort that.

Everybody knows the AFL Fixture is compromised and a few teams luck out each year.

In 2024 it was Carlton, but they still managed to Blueshake and feck it up.

4 games for 4 gifted wins against the uncompetitive bottom 2 will sort that.

Everybody knows the AFL Fixture is compromised and a few teams luck out each year.

In 2024 it was Carlton, but they still managed to Blueshake and feck it up.
Uncompetitive? Didn't you beat North by 1 pt?

The last 29 years isn't relevant to 2024. The only thing relevant to 2024 is this year. This thread is simply comparing Carlton and Collingwood this year.
Collingwood had Carlton's measure again in 2024, with GOATcos leading the way.

The 29 year active drought continues for the Shakers.

I think someone has run some numbers on the drought extending to 50 before.

Collingwood had Carlton's measure again in 2024, with GOATcos leading the way.

The 29 year active drought continues for the Shakers.

I think someone has run some numbers on the drought extending to 50 before.
Yes when you can freely change the metric to suit Collingwood they will always be ahead. I'd rather just stick to whole season results and so will know when the year is over who has been better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you should be looking in your own backyard at your club as there are far more worries going forwaed for the Pies than there is for the Blues
'Going forward'.

You're not worried as a Blues supporter that you've been building and rebuilding for over two decades, and it appears your team has peaked with a 5th placed finish in 2023, nowhere near the genuine contenders?

Uncompetitive? Didn't you beat North by 1 pt?
Carlton fans are experts in wooden spoon seasons.

How would you describe a team who has managed just 2 wins and has a percentage in the 60s?

Uncompetitive, shizen, hopeless, battlers - would appreciate an experts advice as to what is the best descriptor.

Carlton fans are experts in wooden spoon seasons.

How would you describe a team who has managed just 2 wins and has a percentage in the 60s?

Uncompetitive, shizen, hopeless, battlers - would appreciate an experts advice as to what is the best descriptor.
Their form has improved dramatically in the second half of the season. Which is why it is not just who you play but when you play them.

I would argue that playing North in recent weeks would be tougher than St Kilda in the first half of the season (who have also improved significantly)

Yes when you can freely change the metric to suit Collingwood they will always be ahead. I'd rather just stick to whole season results and so will know when the year is over who has been better.
Pretty simple

In 2024, we beat you twice as we were the better team again. Collingwood have consistently been better than Carlton in the 21st century.

These threads are hilarious as they always end up with Baggers talking about next year, ifs and shouldas, or something from the 1960s.

Bring on the 2025 thread

Pretty simple

In 2024, we beat you twice as we were the better team again. Collingwood have consistently been better than Carlton in the 21st century.

These threads are hilarious as they always end up with Baggers talking about next year, ifs and shouldas, or something from the 1960s.

Bring on the 2025 thread
I'm not talking about next year - I'm using the 23+ games of this season to make my judgement of which team was better in 2024. Just like we have done with previous threads.

Their form has improved dramatically in the second half of the season. Which is why it is not just who you play but when you play them.

I would argue that playing North in recent weeks would be tougher than St Kilda in the first half of the season (who have also improved significantly)

Lets talk about the present then shall we, and how is the present going for you?
How is the present going for you?

Full of hope and expectation in the belief that after more than two decades of building and rebuilding, Carlton were FINALLY going to contend for a premiership.

Now they find themselves outside the top 8 with two rounds to go, starting underdogs against a team that has won 3 games for the season...

How is the present going for you?

Full of hope and expectation in the belief that after more than two decades of building and rebuilding, Carlton were FINALLY going to contend for a premiership.

Now they find themselves outside the top 8 with two rounds to go, starting underdogs against a team that has won 3 games for the season...
But still above the Pies yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back