Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that he looked better in a Carlton jumper :tearsofjoy:

images
t
Tough love from Peter here. bought him the jumper but obviously the pain of constantly losing was too much for young Nick and he saw the light.
What a great lesson taught by the old man!

Tough love from Peter here. bought him the jumper but obviously the pain of constantly losing was too much for young Nick and he saw the light.
What a great lesson taught by the old man!
It isn't quite how it happened lol. The first time I met Peter I asked what was going on. He says he's just crazy for Carlton and the worst thing about it is that I have to go watch Carlton play more often than I watch Collingwood because he insists on going. He even wears the jumper to bed!

He said then that he was thinking of swapping him for one of Kouta's kids who barracked for Collingwood :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
It isn't quite how it happened lol. The first time I met Peter I asked what was going on. He says he's just crazy for Carlton and the worst thing about it is that I have to go watch Carlton play more often than I watch Collingwood because he insists on going. He even wears the jumper to bed!

He said then that he was thinking of swapping him for one of Kouta's kids who barracked for Collingwood :tearsofjoy:
Imagine Carlton supporters when Peter Daicos was rocking up to their games with his kid in a Carlton jumper. 😂

Or it could be:

Nick Daicos, sure he is a young superstar. He would have been a clear and worthy 2023 Brownlow medallist had he not get injured.

But can we maybe tone down the greatest player ever talk? Footy shows have already jumped to discussing this. Or have you noticed this small flaw in his game?

Collingwood supporters:
Oh how dare you don't rate him! Daicos is a God. He is better than every player on your list combined. He IS the AFL. Should have probably won 5 brownlows last year. Unveil a statue of him already. Roll out the red carpet. Lockett? The Abletts? Franklin? Modra? They ain't got nothing on him.
I agree.
It's very subjective, and how do you compare the great players in history who all play different positions? Also, the kid is only into his 3rd season, and the next 'greatest' is just around the corner.

I don't think anyone really believes that anyway. It's just a bit of fun....

Personally, Gary Ablett Snr was my favourite player. You just watched footy knowing he was going to do something spectacular. Maybe there were better players, but he is the one I would choose to watch above all others, even ahead of Nick Daicos!

Personally, Gary Ablett Snr was my favourite player. You just watched footy knowing he was going to do something spectacular. Maybe there were better players, but he is the one I would choose to watch above all others, even ahead of Nick Daicos!
He was the only opposition player ever to make me go to watch their games, just to see him play. He was a very special player and an excitement machine.

Or… a few lunatics that every club has thinks those things and most are just enjoying the son of a club legend making a name for himself. I agree the Daicos for GOAT talk is cringey as *. As a Modra fan of the 90s I’m impressed you had him in that group of 4. 😂

That is what I am saying.

Every club has a small amount of supporters who inflate the value of their players.

I see Nick. We all see Nick. He is phenomenal. Every team would love to have him and the slander shouldn't be happening.
But I have a hard time believing such stuff came out of nowhere. Something outside Nick's control obviously brought it on. I mean wouldn't Bontempelli have copped the same at the peaks of his game. Dustin Martin? What about other relatively younger players like Gulden, Shai Bolton, Nic Martin, etc.

You don't think there isn't some overhype perpetuated by the media? You don't think they are pumping his tyres up a little more than necessary? You don't think they are trying to beat it into our brains that he is something the game has never seen before?

And Modra? Well of course. He was one of the greats throughout the 90s. If he isn't being mentioned much then that is a problem.

So far Collingwood are 6 points up after one game. There will be a second game. In the second game Collingwood have a 6 point head start . At the end of the game the team with most points scored is better than the team with less points scored.

It has been fun getting the first win over Carlton for the season.
Nathan Buckley had a saying "You can win the battle but still lose the war".

I think both teams will learn from the match and it could have gone either way.
Collingwood were just blessed to have a superstar to place us in front when the siren went.

All we can do is win enough games each to qualify, then meet in finals.

Then we can show the competition what a finals build up and environment should look like.

I know we are a national comp but some finals match ups would be mouthwatering.

It would be awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far Collingwood are 6 points up after one game. There will be a second game. In the second game Collingwood have a 6 point head start . At the end of the game the team with most points scored is better than the team with less points scored.
You’re a real thinker, aren’t you?

I agree.
It's very subjective, and how do you compare the great players in history who all play different positions? Also, the kid is only into his 3rd season, and the next 'greatest' is just around the corner.

I don't think anyone really believes that anyway. It's just a bit of fun....

There's so much data available that you can use effectively so long as you're somewhat aligned on what the hell it is you're comparing in the first place anyways, and an effort is made to use standardized football industry terminology in place of each individual endlessly shoehorning new versions of shit they made up that has no meaning. If you can get past that, then there's room for the more subjective stuff being layered over the top to summarize an effective mix of objective and subjective points. Otherwise it's just lunatics arguing completely different points back and forth in what is really just the most inefficient game of Chinese whispers you could play. Daicos purple monkey dishwasher!

And the joke is... ??

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can't speak for the Roar part as I don't know much about them but Walsh does not tag anyone. Daicos may have been his man at points but he definetly does not "tag" - Hewett is probably the main one that does that type of role for us

I can't speak for the Roar part as I don't know much about them but Walsh does not tag anyone. Daicos may have been his man at points but he definetly does not "tag" - Hewett is probably the main one that does that type of role for us

When the match was being decided, very late when scores were level, Walsh had one job and that was to stop Daics getting it

Tagging

The footage backs up the article imo, the author went through it meticulously, if you can prove the Roar wrong then go for it but merely saying "Walsh doesn't tag" doesn't cut it

When the match was being decided, very late when scores were level, Walsh had one job and that was to stop Daics getting it

Tagging

The footage backs up the article imo, the author went through it meticulously, if you can prove the Roar wrong then go for it but merely saying "Walsh doesn't tag" doesn't cut it

I personally don't think Walsh's sole job on that play was to stop Daicos or else he would have been goal side the entire play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back