Prediction Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Hawthorn

Who will be better in 2025

• Hawthorn

Votes: 50 63.3%
  • Carlton

Votes: 29 36.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just using the word ridiculous doesn't add any weight to a debate.

Newcombe v Reid. Who would you choose? Right now. To lead your midfield?

As I said. Previously when fit Hopper has produced similar levels of impact when getting the opportunity. What is so ridiculous about that?

View attachment 2150208
um. hopper has only a smidge more contested ball (with about the same number of extra turnovers) and every other statistic marginally favors newcombe. I'm really not sure how this can be used to argue hopper is better.

I like Newcombe and especially Day and think they are becoming stars of the competition but over the last two years Walsh has still been the better player. We saw in his 2023 finals series despite significant injuries what impact he has and imo Day/Newcombe have not reached that to date.

Incorrect. Particularly in regard to Newcombe.

Just list what team you believe Newcombe would be the #1 mid at. Simple.

We are comparing the Hawks best mid to other teams best mid. Not how a Hawks player compared at a B&F competing against his own teammates. Not relevant.

Being a decent player compared to your own teammates doesn't win football games or flags does it? You need to be better than your opposition. I'm pretty sure I understand that quite well enough.

Maybe take a look at how he performed against all comers in the back half of tje season and in finals.

You’ll find the answer there with an exclamation point attached to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Hawthorn

Back