Who will be the darkhorse of 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon and Collingwood.

At least one will make the finals, not sure if both can make it considering the strength of teams bar the Blues and Hawks.

Port.
You heard it here first.

Melbourne, Freo and The Doggis are the darkhorses. Of course that will all change when Melbourne inevitably hit top spot on the ladder again thsi year only to tumble down to 8th.

Hawthorn.

Every year Brent Guerra has been on a AFL list, his team has lost a prelim, and the year after he leaves, his previous team wins the grand final. So expect St Kilda to beat Hawthorn in a preliminary final. (And no, I'm not talking about the nab cup).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mad-saint-guy said:
Hawthorn.

Every year Brent Guerra has been on a AFL list, his team has lost a prelim, and the year after he leaves, his previous team wins the grand final. So expect St Kilda to beat Hawthorn in a preliminary final. (And no, I'm not talking about the nab cup).
Once is a trend?

*PAF said:
Port.
You heard it here first.
Haha I am really getting quite fed up with Port Adelaide supporters thinking their team is still in with a chance....the only way you are going from here is down.

tigerboyz said:
hardly a darkhorse though.
If you look at the prediction thread you'll find that most expect us to finish in double digits this year.

We have a few unknowns at this stage, if they work we'll be up the top for a few years yet, if not we'll have to start again and a few years of hard Yakka are in front of us, however the chances for things to go well are quite good at this stage. Here's hoping.

weagles_fan said:
Haha I am really getting quite fed up with Port Adelaide supporters thinking their team is still in with a chance....the only way you are going from here is down.
Just like WCE had the premiership in the bag all thoughout last year hey? ;)

*PAF said:
If you look at the prediction thread you'll find that most expect us to finish in double digits this year.

We have a few unknowns at this stage, if they work we'll be up the top for a few years yet, if not we'll have to start again and a few years of hard Yakka are in front of us, however the chances for things to go well are quite good at this stage. Here's hoping.

Hardly experts predicting where you will finish this year.I'd like to see where
the football writers and commentators predict your finish this year.

I still think Collingwood will surprise most teams this year. If we can get a full list on the park we would be a very hard unit to stop.
Fremantle, Western Bulldogs and Brisbane are the other darkhorses.

Last year's top 5 should fight it out for the main prize again this year. Cats, Saints, Swans, Eagles and Crows will all be thereabouts at the business end I think.

I can't see any surprises breaking through from lower down the order. On paper, Freo arguably should, but they are a bit of a head case at the best of times.

I really dont understand the over-estimation of the Footscray side by many people. They are far from a balanced team as far as line up and mix of experience goes.

2007 the Bullies might do ok (that's if they have any players over 194cms) but expect them to battle round the 7-12 position in 06.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be the darkhorse of 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back