Who will be the last team to be beaten by GC and GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird that North Melbourne and Richmond have losing records against GC (or close, correct me on this) yet havent come close to losing to GWS.
Oh we have come close to losing GWS. We were trailing at 3 quarter time against the last year before we pulled off a 9 point win.

I think we are done for this year in regards to our winning record against them. They may even get a 100+ margin back at us

Been working on this for awhile, put it down then pick it up again many time and finally finished it. This is accurate to the end of Rd 10 2016. Looks at the first 8 years of the expansion teams. It took that long for Brisbane to finally not lose to every team, they beat Essendon and Collingwood, that year, but had drawn with the Eagles a couple of years earlier. They didn't beat the Eagles until 1996 in their 15th attempt.

It looks like the odd numbered expansion team does better than the even numbered expansion team. Also it looks like there is a down year before success happens as per the brown/orange season wins vs season wins the year before. So it will be interesting to see if GWS has a backwards year over the next couple of seasons. Looks like it wont be this year. Everyone has/had a bogey side even the Eagles and Crows, just depends how big that bogey becomes.

upload_2016-5-31_13-23-58.png

Weird that North Melbourne and Richmond have losing records against GC (or close, correct me on this) yet havent come close to losing to GWS.
9 points at the MCG was pretty close against Richmond. No argument it was a fair result though.

As West Coast is now the only team still standing (i.e. The only team that is yet to be beaten by either GC or GWS) , maybe there needs to be a new thread - which team will be the last to be beaten by BOTH GWS and GC

-Teams beaten by Gold Coast but not GWS: Collingwood, North Melbourne, Richmond

-Teams beaten by GWS but not Gold Coast: Adelaide, Hawthorn, Sydney

So there are only 7 (out of 16) teams left

i thought it took freo an absurd amount of time to beat west coast?
Not 7 years (from Freo's inception) though
But (obviously) more than 7 years from the Eagles' inception (as Freo joined more than 7 years after we did )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not 7 years (from Freo's inception) though
But (obviously) more than 7 years from the Eagles' inception (as Freo joined more than 7 years after we did )
yeah just looked it up. eagles won first 9 from freos inception, but because they play twice a year it's only 4.5 half years. i wonder if 9-0 is longest losing streak vs any side from inception of an expansion team...

9 points at the MCG was pretty close against Richmond. No argument it was a fair result though.
That was the coldest day I have ever experienced in Australia.

I'm surprised Toby Greene's spit didn't form a stalactite as it left his mouth it was that bloody cold.

Strong chance North could be the last team to have not lost to GWS, as the Giants play all of Collingwood, Richmond and West Coast, and all of them in Sydney, before then.
Strong chance North supporters overrate their side's ability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked like Collingwood was going to be added to GWS's list at quarter time.

Thankfully we turned it around.
Dont think we'd want many, you were too good on the day though. Even Treloar would be an uncomfortable fit now, but we'd probably play him. Our eyes are on the future.

The Giants play Rich and WCE at home in the run to the finals, and North away.

A big chance to win all of those games, which will leave Collingwood as the only team yet to lose to the AFL monster franchise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be the last team to be beaten by GC and GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back