Who will coach Devonport?

Remove this Banner Ad

James Wiggins is passionate about his footy, sometimes when things don't go his way though he stabs his mates in the back. I heard him and plappy had a recent falling out. Any truth to that hardnut?

Wiggo

There are many great people involved in footy in this state. Wiggo is top of the list.

No doubt he will be going further up the ladder as time goes on.

Anyone that can keep Baldy Fox to 2 goals has cred with me. - ha ha

Like most things people can take things out of context. Jaimes and Plappy have been good mates for sometime (they used to work together at AFL Tas) and would have differences of opinions now as they are operating against each other now with their respective clubs.... Devonport and Burnie

Gee how bored are we typing about this subject - let's push on!

well for those of you that think Jaimes Wiggins could be a good coach i pity you, he couldnt be placed into that role, it would be silly and unworkable, however get him to raise money and organise the background stuff that makes a club profitable , then yes let him do it.
have never doubted his commitment and passion for footy and he is one the worlds most liked gentlemen, but he couldnt coach.

well for those of you that think Jaimes Wiggins could be a good coach i pity you, he couldnt be placed into that role, it would be silly and unworkable, however get him to raise money and organise the background stuff that makes a club profitable , then yes let him do it.
have never doubted his commitment and passion for footy and he is one the worlds most liked gentlemen, but he couldnt coach.

Enough is enough with this guy there must be alot of people around like Jaimes that do wonderful jobs to keep their clubs ticking over. It is a new era at Devonport with Steve Reissig as coach and it will be interesting to see how the core group of senior players that have played under Dale Perry for the last 8 seasons stand up..... Time will tell.......:)

Yeah it will be interesting to see how they boys go under a dictator. The boys have suffered some humiliation in the time and my understanding is they are great bunch of blokes. They have many wounds that haven't healed from past grand final defeats and someone unknown telling them what to do may have a negative impact. As for wiggo and plappy, there is more to it than just old working buddies from AFL Tas. I think Jamies as he is known, may have more to say than he should have about plappy getting the manager's job at burnie.

Let's hope for Devonport's sake the Wiggins/Reissig combination does better than they did for Glenorchy Storm in 2001!

Time will tell... Glenorchy won 2 out of the 3 Premierships that year and the Senior team won the minor Premiership before getting rolled by their nemesis - the Roo boys (Clarence) in the big one..... bloody Roo Boys....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion Ball 'N' Chain. If your comments are on the money.. at least he spoke his mind and his beliefs unlike what alot of other people do....

Time will tell... Glenorchy won 2 out of the 3 Premierships that year and the Senior team won the minor Premiership before getting rolled by their nemesis - the Roo boys (Clarence) in the big one..... bloody Roo Boys....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion Ball 'N' Chain. If your comments are on the money.. at least he spoke his mind and his beliefs unlike what alot of other people do....

Is this forum for discussing football or not???? If so let's talk about the rubbish AFL Tas have thrown up with relation to Statewide Football, Let's talk about the positives going on and other issues. Let's not dive into areas that don't need to be talked about... or personal issues of one or two guys involved with the great game we love.

Ace, think you might find it was indeed Clarence that won 2 of the 3 flags that year, beat Glenorchy in both the Colts and Seniors.

Minor Premiership? Nobody remembers them, bottom line - Glenorchy thought they'd sh/t the flag in that year and got bitten on the a$$!

Haven't touched a soft spot there ACE, sounds like you are a pro James and Ressieg supporter which is good to see. However time will tell to see how they go at Devonport. They did nothing after a minor premiership last year and have lost quality players already. So time will tell. No pressure at all though is there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't touched a soft spot there ACE, sounds like you are a pro James and Ressieg supporter which is good to see. However time will tell to see how they go at Devonport. They did nothing after a minor premiership last year and have lost quality players already. So time will tell. No pressure at all though is there?

Not at all. I think that there would be alot of teams that would have liked to finish in Devonport's position in the last few years. Yes you are correct they have not won the ultimate prize - however they have had good seasons.

Who are the quality players they have lost?

Every season brings on new challenges and i think from reports up there each club in the NTFL has turned over some players with little recruits on the rise - good to see the young people are going to be given an opportunity...

Who do you support Ball 'N' Chain?

I support football in general Ace, no team in particular, although i do have a soft spot for the demons. Quality players they have lost, well the newspaper reported Langmaid is coaching Latrobe (go dees), Brown has gone back to Burnie, Hayley moving to Queensland and so is there penguin recruit Light. Higgs maybe heading to NOrth Launceston with a few mates from ulverstone and there are few others uncomitted at this stage. That would have to leave a whole????

I support football in general Ace, no team in particular, although i do have a soft spot for the demons. Quality players they have lost, well the newspaper reported Langmaid is coaching Latrobe (go dees), Brown has gone back to Burnie, Hayley moving to Queensland and so is there penguin recruit Light. Higgs maybe heading to NOrth Launceston with a few mates from ulverstone and there are few others uncomitted at this stage. That would have to leave a whole????

sounds like a few quality players their ball n chain. any truth that fabian carelli will be making comeback? :D

They will need more than him to be premiership contenders. Rainsford, Jones, Weidemen, i heard they even asked Andy Goodwin to make a comeback!

Your right Bink-bink, he phoned the club last night and asked if he could attend training on Monday night! Apparently they are going to make him the number one ticket holder.

Now that I hear ned(Dale Perry)has gone, who will take over from the under achieved coach? The Goss is That Errol make take the reins, but being down the other end of the state, my news may be abit clouded to the actual facts!

Any news devonport boys?

The senior players have to stand up for sure. They did last year when they lost 8 players plus with over 100 games for various reasons. Devonport have been written off before but have always managed to hang in there.I am led to beleive that James Wiggins is the chairman of selectors replacing Marc Fagan from last year. Any truth in this?.

The senior players have to stand up for sure. They did last year when they lost 8 players plus with over 100 games for various reasons. Devonport have been written off before but have always managed to hang in there.I am led to beleive that James Wiggins is the chairman of selectors replacing Marc Fagan from last year. Any truth in this?.

Shane Smith is the chairman of selectors and was in that role last season when Dale Perry was Head Coach.

MarK Fagan was looking after the backline with the Senior Team last season as well as coaching the U/19's...

Get your facts right North Wester and who may you follow?......

Easy there Ace. North Wester said he is led to believe ,he was actually asking a question. Sounds like ACE has a fair bit of info on Devonport. Your not from within are you ACE. And i thought Errol Bourn was chairman of selectors????? Kristian Higgs ,another quality player lost. This will test the new coaches ability. I also heard some of the more mature players aren't real impressed with his one training attendence a week routine from the great man? Any truth there boys?

Shane Smith is the chairman of selectors and was in that role last season when Dale Perry was Head Coach.

MarK Fagan was looking after the backline with the Senior Team last season as well as coaching the U/19's...

Get your facts right North Wester and who may you follow?......

You seem to know whats going on ACE man at Dport. I follow Latrobe. I asked a question.

Easy there Ace. North Wester said he is led to believe ,he was actually asking a question. Sounds like ACE has a fair bit of info on Devonport. Your not from within are you ACE. And i thought Errol Bourn was chairman of selectors????? Kristian Higgs ,another quality player lost. This will test the new coaches ability. I also heard some of the more mature players aren't real impressed with his one training attendence a week routine from the great man? Any truth there boys?

I have heard that to. One night a week from the head coach is not going down to well. Over the last few years Dport have been the fittest side in the NTFL by a fair way. Only training 2 nights a week is not going to have them in the shape they have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will coach Devonport?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back