Who will coach Devonport?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard that to. One night a week from the head coach is not going down to well. Over the last few years Dport have been the fittest side in the NTFL by a fair way. Only training 2 nights a week is not going to have them in the shape they have been.

fittest side ????????
i would be thinking that Launceston are by far the fittest side in the NTFL and have been for the last two years at least, both physically and mentally, Launceston ran rampant against dport @ dport oval!!!, cannot be the fittest maybe second , and definetly the weakest mentally.
they lay down when it gets tough,

LIKE A WILDERBEAST!!!!

fittest side ????????
i would be thinking that Launceston are by far the fittest side in the NTFL and have been for the last two years at least, both physically and mentally, Launceston ran rampant against dport @ dport oval!!!, cannot be the fittest maybe second , and definetly the weakest mentally.
they lay down when it gets tough,

LIKE A WILDERBEAST!!!!

i would say their wasnt between them much in the fittness stakes. i would say nearly devonport would have the edge. i think launi rn over them that day is because they were a far and i mean far better team then them. i guess they made them look unfit with their willingness to run and using their brains!
Thats makes me totally agree about being the strongest team mentally for the past 2 years

Firstly i am not from inside i have a couple of mates that play there. Secondly who are we to judge there pre-season schedule... No one cares about March Champions do they - apart from Carlton!

Why do you guys continually talk abut Devonport???? Why not talk about more serious issues like where the state of football is going in this state with only one guy drafted.

How come the Devils are only getting fifteen guys to training..... etc...etc..etc.. someone do us a favour and start a new thread.. Apologies if i come across the wrong way in my answer to you North Wester and Kristan Higgs has not signed with the Nthn. Bombers as suggested.

Firstly i am not from inside i have a couple of mates that play there. Secondly who are we to judge there pre-season schedule... No one cares about March Champions do they - apart from Carlton!

Why do you guys continually talk abut Devonport???? Why not talk about more serious issues like where the state of football is going in this state with only one guy drafted.

How come the Devils are only getting fifteen guys to training..... etc...etc..etc.. someone do us a favour and start a new thread.. Apologies if i come across the wrong way in my answer to you North Wester and Kristan Higgs has not signed with the Nthn. Bombers as suggested.[/quOte

How do you know Higgs has not signed with the Northern Bombers if you are not working inside the football club. Mail at training last night from Demon land was that the pies are only training 1 night this week. At the moment all the talk along the coast is about the positives coming out of swan land. They are about to make some big announcements. Good to see Allen back at Devonport.

Easy there Ace. North Wester said he is led to believe ,he was actually asking a question. Sounds like ACE has a fair bit of info on Devonport. Your not from within are you ACE. And i thought Errol Bourn was chairman of selectors????? Kristian Higgs ,another quality player lost. This will test the new coaches ability. I also heard some of the more mature players aren't real impressed with his one training attendence a week routine from the great man? Any truth there boys?

Ball N Chain do you know why Dport lost 99% of their coaching staff from this year. Was it as it seems amicable or were a they pushed. Clubs have certainly scrambled over their services. Im hearing that a couple more of them will have jobs before xmas at various clubs in the NTFL.

Not to sure mate, once Ned had retired they should have nailed Errol Bourn and if not Kurt Heazlewood. I think Heazlewood being the best player in the comp and his experience has alot to offer. They stuffed around, and in the end, got someone totally foereign, which could be good and bad. The others were pushed i am told. I heard the coach is a bit like Kevin Rudd, he does things his way and thats it, not open to suggestions, he only has one assistant and thats it. Time will tell. I think we may have hit a soft spot with ACE. For someone who is not within he knows a fair bit about going on. Devonport have boasted in recent years about successful numbers on the track, now things are gloomy, we don't want to talk about it.

Not to sure mate, once Ned had retired they should have nailed Errol Bourn and if not Kurt Heazlewood. I think Heazlewood being the best player in the comp and his experience has alot to offer. They stuffed around, and in the end, got someone totally foereign, which could be good and bad. The others were pushed i am told. I heard the coach is a bit like Kevin Rudd, he does things his way and thats it, not open to suggestions, he only has one assistant and thats it. Time will tell. I think we may have hit a soft spot with ACE. For someone who is not within he knows a fair bit about going on. Devonport have boasted in recent years about successful numbers on the track, now things are gloomy, we don't want to talk about it.

I have followed footy a fair time and i could not believe that Dport let their coaching staff go as they did. As much as they are despised they were pretty successfull. If Perry was told to go why wasn't Bourn given the job. Everyone knows that Bourn was going to take over. What stopped it?

I did hear a whisper that towards the end of the year perry and bourn had a falling out due to the all in that occured before the Launy semi. I heard Bourn instigated by telling the players to run through the huddle and when perry found out him and bourn nearly come to blows. So i'm not sure what happened, Perry may have had the final call as he has close ties with the board. I also heard the President to be, James Wiggens had a falling out with Bourn also and is that emotionally upset at the moment he has fled interstate to get away with the player movements.

I did hear a whisper that towards the end of the year perry and bourn had a falling out due to the all in that occured before the Launy semi. I heard Bourn instigated by telling the players to run through the huddle and when perry found out him and bourn nearly come to blows. So i'm not sure what happened, Perry may have had the final call as he has close ties with the board. I also heard the President to be, James Wiggens had a falling out with Bourn also and is that emotionally upset at the moment he has fled interstate to get away with the player movements.

Like you guys i keep my ears low to the ground. Let's talk Latrobe how are they travelling with their mid-field gone? Holland, Freshney and Littlejohn - Not the greatest start for Langmaid and his crew.

As for East what are the positives - the boys are training twice a week...???? Where are they seriously going?

I know some of the guys you are personally making comment about - how about talking some good footy chat instead of typing utter crap and going on with it... Or is Devonport and its crew the easy target?

Like you guys i keep my ears low to the ground. Let's talk Latrobe how are they travelling with their mid-field gone? Holland, Freshney and Littlejohn - Not the greatest start for Langmaid and his crew.

As for East what are the positives - the boys are training twice a week...???? Where are they seriously going?

I know some of the guys you are personally making comment about - how about talking some good footy chat instead of typing utter crap and going on with it... Or is Devonport and its crew the easy target?

north wester could you tell me where love chunks little john has gone to? has he changed leagues? doesnt he work for afl tas? would be wierd playing in the bush wouldnt it and then working for afl tas??
who are east going to announce as signings?

Yea Hard Nut he has gone with a couple of his mates to the N/Bombers. They have picked up Crawford Wishwilson & Higgs. All good pick ups. Its a shame when these young kids go to Launy they go to the Bombers. Launceston or South would be better clubs to go to.

My mail suggests that Bourn pulled out of the job - with no issues with Perry or Wiggins and Healewood who apparently was offered in excess of $25,000 a year at East was happy to stay at Devonport in his current role of Assistant Coach.

As you mentioned North Wester with the Bombers it is pretty hard for some of the coastal clubs to compete when a number of their players are doing Uni in Launceston and it is easier just to wander 5 minutes along the road to training instead of sitting in a car for an hour or more to get to training - plus the fact that North are throwing money around for sign on's etc.

Ball N Chain dont go exaggerating or talking about individuals the way you do. they are all involved with the great game we love.

As for yor comments on Devonport's coaching staff - Langmaid had played at the club for 15 seasons and coached the Reserves to a flag - he probably needed to go away and learn the traits elsewhere for a year or two and then perhaps come back and as for Mark Fagan he has been there along time and was Dale Perry's assistant in all those losing GFinals as well as coaching the 2's to two losing GF's - his new role at Burnie is a further development - Bench Coach.

Fresh vision and a fresh focus could be what they need... Time will tell...and talking to one of their players they are enjoying the new training schedule and requested the 2 nights a week prior to Christmas as unlike many other teams they have had late seasons in the last 4 years. To suggest that the new coach is not open to any suggestions is totally incorect and absurd! Des Brown is also the President of the Devonport Football Club and is standing again in 2008.

Yea Hard Nut he has gone with a couple of his mates to the N/Bombers. They have picked up Crawford Wishwilson & Higgs. All good pick ups. Its a shame when these young kids go to Launy they go to the Bombers. Launceston or South would be better clubs to go to.

are they throwung the $$ at them? any reports of how mcuh?
i thought fox said they had a great culture at ulverstone? why are they all leaving then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mail suggests that Bourn pulled out of the job - with no issues with Perry or Wiggins and Healewood who apparently was offered in excess of $25,000 a year at East was happy to stay at Devonport in his current role of Assistant Coach.

As you mentioned North Wester with the Bombers it is pretty hard for some of the coastal clubs to compete when a number of their players are doing Uni in Launceston and it is easier just to wander 5 minutes along the road to training instead of sitting in a car for an hour or more to get to training - plus the fact that North are throwing money around for sign on's etc.

Ball N Chain dont go exaggerating or talking about individuals the way you do. they are all involved with the great game we love.

As for yor comments on Devonport's coaching staff - Langmaid had played at the club for 15 seasons and coached the Reserves to a flag - he probably needed to go away and learn the traits elsewhere for a year or two and then perhaps come back and as for Mark Fagan he has been there along time and was Dale Perry's assistant in all those losing GFinals as well as coaching the 2's to two losing GF's - his new role at Burnie is a further development - Bench Coach.

Fresh vision and a fresh focus could be what they need... Time will tell...and talking to one of their players they are enjoying the new training schedule and requested the 2 nights a week prior to Christmas as unlike many other teams they have had late seasons in the last 4 years. To suggest that the new coach is not open to any suggestions is totally incorect and absurd! Des Brown is also the President of the Devonport Football Club and is standing again in 2008.

surely you must be on the devonport board buddy if you know hazlewood got offered that much?
do you know how much kanga is being thrown around up their?

surely you must be on the devonport board buddy if you know hazlewood got offered that much?
do you know how much kanga is being thrown around up their?

It was common knowledge up there apparently - our club in Hobart tried to recruit him - however due to work and $$$$ we had no hope! The only thing i am aware is that certain clubs are offering good sign on's etc.

How could the Fox say such a thing? What about his players that were out on the drink prior to a big game that would decide a 1st home final or not.... Is that a great culture...

Thanks for the info. Very detailed. I think H/Nut is on the money. They tell me Bourn was asked on the morning of his interview wether the time could be changed , Bourn then realized he would only be wasting his time and pulled it that morning . Case the players would be liking 2 nights a week. It would be easy for everyone..Des Brown is a good man. I done business with Brown nut many years ago with some cattle.

Thanks for the info. Very detailed. I think H/Nut is on the money. They tell me Bourn was asked on the morning of his interview wether the time could be changed , Bourn then realized he would only be wasting his time and pulled it that morning . Case the players would be liking 2 nights a week. It would be easy for everyone..Des Brown is a good man. I done business with Brown nut many years ago with some cattle.

Are you attempting to take some heat of yourself here North Wester??? You seem to think you know a fair bit about the DFC and it's behind the scene issues.. perhaps you are or have been involved in a big way in the past - could this be true?

Are you attempting to take some heat of yourself here North Wester??? You seem to think you know a fair bit about the DFC and it's behind the scene issues.. perhaps you are or have been involved in a big way in the past - could this be true?

i reckon the two of you wre involved and im willing to take suggestions on who ace and north wester are...... but on more important things, we wont worry about it!

i think the both of you would agree with all the players leaving the comp its strength is certainly weakening

i reckon the two of you wre involved and im willing to take suggestions on who ace and north wester are...... but on more important things, we wont worry about it!

i think the both of you would agree with all the players leaving the comp its strength is certainly weakening

What players are leaving the comp Hard Nut. Holland and Fresh are the only 2 i have heard. Do you know more. Pkease tell

What players are leaving the comp Hard Nut. Holland and Fresh are the only 2 i have heard. Do you know more. Pkease tell

south have lost westfield, north wager, launi tim mohr adrian finch, dev lost a few to other teams or lesser comps as has latrobe. smithton wynyard penguin you wouldnt worry about. their is a few,

I don't think the top 5 will change much. Latrobe out and South or Burnie to come in. Ulverstone will be the side to beat followed by Launceston. As you said the comp should even out. Instead of a top 3 then a gap i am thinking it will be a top 6.

Comp is evening out as the teams will get weaker. How can Ulverstone be the team to beat, loosing whish-wilson, crawford and howard. Plus they have a guy coaching them who always thinks he has 36 players on the groud cause he is cross eyed.

Ha not a bad one ball n chain but they do have good depth and with some good kids coming through, keeping them out of the pubs before games could be trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will coach Devonport?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back