Who will coach the Eagles in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's any shame in that. I for one think we do need to somewhat follow the Fremantle midfield model.

Many of us have been calling for years for a bigger and faster midfield. Blind Freddy can see we need to move in that direction. If the club can't see that then there's something very wrong.

There's one experienced coach no one is talking about. No contract issues here......

ipad-art-wide-Mark-Neeld-420x0.jpg
In all seriousness, I do not think his time at Melbourne was truly indicative of his coaching ability. That said, unfortunately I cannot see him getting another senior gig due to that stint though.. Poor Neeldy.

There's one experienced coach no one is talking about. No contract issues here......

ipad-art-wide-Mark-Neeld-420x0.jpg

Will you be carding yourself or would you like a admin to do it?

I thought Clarko's comments on TFS last night were somewhat vague and open to interpretation, similar to what he has been spouting recently when asked about the job. I can't recall exactly what he said last night, but it was something along the lines of "No, I'm staying at Hawthorn, I'll be there for a while".

I still think it is more likely than not that he will be at Hawthorn next year, but we won't know for sure for another 2-3 weeks.

Coaching skills aside, I think he talks and acts like a bit of a douchebag. Saying things like "tip the Hawks or I'll knock you out" to Sammy last night, although clearly in jest, lack the professionalism I have come to expect from AFL coaches.

I thought Clarko's comments on TFS last night were somewhat vague and open to interpretation, similar to what he has been spouting recently when asked about the job. I can't recall exactly what he said last night, but it was something along the lines of "No, I'm staying at Hawthorn, I'll be there for a while".

I still think it is more likely than not that he will be at Hawthorn next year, but we won't know for sure for another 2-3 weeks.

Coaching skills aside, I think he talks and acts like a bit of a douchebag. Saying things like "tip the Hawks or I'll knock you out" to Sammy last night, although clearly in jest, lack the professionalism I have come to expect from AFL coaches.
I actually like it. Bit of honesty and no false front. Should be more of it imo.

If he takes us to multiple grand finals he can be as unprofessional as he pleases. Hell he can wear a brightly coloured hat with a propeller on top and a monkey suit in the coaches box for all I care.

We'll most likely know more on Monday when the recruitment company Gerard and Daniels do the interviews and candidates do the can their formal presentations. I know the lesser likes will present then but not sure if Clarko will have to do a presenentation for the gig. I believe this recruiting company is on the terrace so will look more discreet doing them on Monday whilst it's a public holiday.

We'll most likely know more on Monday when the recruitment company Gerard and Daniels do the interviews and candidates do the can their formal presentations. I know the lesser likes will present then but not sure if Clarko will have to do a presenentation for the gig. I believe this recruiting company is on the terrace so will look more discreet doing them on Monday whilst it's a public holiday.

You would think with technology these days they could even do a presentation over Skype so they can keep it much more secret? With people that are over east that is .

I reckon Clarko its nearly signed sealed and delivered. He never ruled it out when he was asked the question the other day. He also said on 'on the couch' some time ago that he though 10 years at 1 club was too long. Eagles are just being respectful to him and wont approach him til after his duty with the Hawks is over. He may reject it but I cant see hawks offering him more than 2 years on top of the 1 he already has.. 5 years and lots of more $$ and a new challenge (the key) being the deal breaker.

Not sure how it's being honest? It clearly wasnt going to happen if Sam picked Freo. I thought it was a really immature thing to say
Sorry, I meant in general when dealing with the media, not in relation to that particular comment.

I saw the comment you are referring to, came across to me as a bit of banter, nothing more.

Clarko doesn’t really need to say much on the interview other than - let me do the identify of current AFL players and do the trading at trade week. It won’t always be WA players coming home for the sack of it but players that will be the BEST for the roles I require regardless where they live. I won’t be this pretty media guy who has to look the part at press conferences etc, I will drag a guy if he makes and error, I will show emotion in the box and look like I care, I won’t wear a tie my shirt will be out from time to time as I’m a FOOTBALL COACH

Not sure how it's being honest? It clearly wasnt going to happen if Sam picked Freo. I thought it was a really immature thing to say

Sure, maybe immature, but its the footy show, hes playing to the audience. Good to see he can have a laugh and lighten up instead of what we have been used to in the past. I too doubt he is interested in coming over but i like his attitude, can be a fiery bugger but can also have a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People here keep accusing us of not thinking outside the box - I'm just opening up possibilities ;)

Even though i presume its in jest, the guy is a horrible media performer and therefore i assume he cant communicate properly with players. Melbourne do a great job of making themselves look ridiculous and amateur and neeld just topped it off.

Many of us have been calling for years for a bigger and faster midfield. Blind Freddy can see we need to move in that direction. If the club can't see that then there's something very wrong.

Speed and size will only get you so far, you also need skill as well. If it was only speed and size required than we would have kept Houlihan.

who wants a bloke that would break a contract made in good faith

Are you guys serious?

Contracts are contracts are contracts.... If Clarkson believes he's not the guy for the job at Hawthorn after this season then he advises them he'd like to resign.

They can then release him from said contract or not I.e allow him to resign ....

All of us work under contracts of some sort or another, defined time limit contracts or undefined limits. Every contract has a"break clause" because either party may need to break it for any number of unknown/unknowable reasons ...

You're either grossly naive or you're about 14 years old - which is roughly the same thing.

Speed and size will only get you so far, you also need skill as well. If it was only speed and size required than we would have kept Houlihan.

No I clearly meant tall, athletic AFL midfielders not retired, injured and washed up players. Houlihan is not AFL and never played in the centre square. We need tall midfielders who can play AFL.

Are you guys serious?

Contracts are contracts are contracts.... If Clarkson believes he's not the guy for the job at Hawthorn after this season then he advises them he'd like to resign.

They can then release him from said contract or not I.e allow him to resign ....

All of us work under contracts of some sort or another, defined time limit contracts or undefined limits. Every contract has a"break clause" because either party may need to break it for any number of unknown/unknowable reasons ...

You're either grossly naive or you're about 14 years old - which is roughly the same thing.

Do your posts always end in insults? You have made a fair enough point, but the insults aren't needed.

Do your posts always end in insults? You have made a fair enough point, but the insults aren't needed.

Where's the insult?

It's a genuine question. As you say my point was fair because it's 100% accurate. Anyone who doesn't understand that is either incredibly naive or a kid.... It's an observation. Only someone with an extraordinarily thin skin would take the pointing out of the bleeding obvious as insulting ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back