Speuge

Rookie
Sep 19, 2003
Aberfeldie
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dons
I think we are going to have to make some tough decisions this year. With SES and Barnard retiring, and presumably Johns and Haynes being promoted. We need to find a way of creating another 4 or 5 spots for the draft (if we can fit a full complement of 38 under the cap this year).

Even if we lost Soloman, Jacobs, C.MaGrath, and Harvey. We might end up getting 4 players in return for them (or draft picks).

Who do you think we will delist?

I don't really know the current contract sitation with these players but I am thinking we would have to lose a few from this list:

Henneman, Hunt, Bannister, Misiti.

Forster-Knight has been a bit unlucky, but I think we should hold onto him. It is difficult getting him into our side, but he can play a few positions.

hunt and bannister wont go. sure misiti will be bandied around this week but would think he will probably stay. would think players like forster-knight, davies, henneman, harvey and bolton will be offered for trade, perhaps for draft picks

The players whose position varies from left to shaky: Alessio, Barnard, Solomon, Harvey, Jacobs, McGrath, Davies, Forster-Knight.

Fletcher and Wellman aren't getting any younger, so I think we'll hang on to Hunt and Henneman for next year. Especially if Jacobs goes.

We've got 41 players on our senior list, so we need to get rid of six before the draft. Alessio, Barnard, Solomon, and Harvey are already gone. It looks like Jacobs and McGrath will also go, so that's six. We'll probably get at least one player in return, so we'll have to look at delisting others.

But we shouldn't have too much trouble getting down to 35.

There's talk that Sheeds called Solly this morning and is hopeful that he'll sign with the Bombers for 3 years.... Having said that, Miller at Richmond has been in Solly's ear all weekend...
Guess we'll know soon enuff...

Would LOVE to kick the Tigers in the guts and re-sign Solly...:D

Originally posted by MrFurious
There's talk that Sheeds called Solly this morning and is hopeful that he'll sign with the Bombers for 3 years.... Having said that, Miller at Richmond has been in Solly's ear all weekend...
Guess we'll know soon enuff...

Would LOVE to kick the Tigers in the guts and re-sign Solly...:D
yeah i agree would be great ot keep him. would think sheedy would absolutely love the bloke the way he plays so hopefully he can have some influence. if not i hope we get something decent in return

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will Essendon delist this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back