Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the 2012 recruits who didn't debut, so Broomsy or Ramsay maybe? Would be good to see Broomhead get out there and do some good things.

Ben Kennedy is the man, he showed the most of any of the draftees last year (other than the freak that is Grundy) and having played 12 senior games in his first year and with a full pre season under his belt he will become a best 22 player in 2013.

Our midfield will become deeper and stronger than anyone else in the competition, it's our forward line and back line that will be the concern.

With Buckley's focus on youth and the future, who is your tip to have a breakout 2014?

Elliott to kick 45 goals next season, and be known as one of the best small forwards in the game.

I picked Elliott to get either goal or mark of the year during the NAB Cup to my mates. Now I'm telling them he'll be AA within the next 2 years.

Usually it co-incides with opprtunity and with Heath Shaw out of the backline I'd expect someone to grip that up. Marley William's maybe to step right up, Seedsman or Broomhead would be likely candidates.

Grundy may take another leap but sometimes second year players struggle to make that extra step up, I have faith in Grundy though.

Not sure Kennedy has the opportunity to get consistent minutes through the middle yet either.

All these guys I mentioned and in teh posts above are at this stage fringe best 22 and can easily slide out I think as competition is going to be tough in 2014.

I'll step outside of the box and say Bontempelli or Acres! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Kennedy is the man, he showed the most of any of the draftees last year (other than the freak that is Grundy) and having played 12 senior games in his first year and with a full pre season under his belt he will become a best 22 player in 2013.

Our midfield will become deeper and stronger than anyone else in the competition, it's our forward line and back line that will be the concern.

Yeah I agree. If Kennedy and Broomhead can step up the way Beams and Sidebottom did in 2010, our midfield will be almost unstoppable.

Our primary midfield should be:
Pendlebury
Swan
Beams
Ball
Sidebottom
Adams
Kennedy
Broomhead
Thomas

With the following providing depth:
Dwyer
Martin
Blair
Karnezis

I'm not saying these players will have a break out year but with the right injuries to players maybe Kennedy is the man i have my eye on,Karnezis, Martin, as well if have a massive preseason.

Looking forward to also seeing good improvement in Dwyer, Thomas, Marley as a tagger if he gets a chance and also our first round picks and Broomhead for the first time if get a game.
Adams how good can he be playing in a midfield next to Pendles, Ball, Swan, Beams, Sidy??????????

josh Thomas for me

I'd love to see Fasolo come back with a bang and have a breakout year. For mine, he's the missing piece to our forward half. With him and Elliot combining with Cloke, Reid and White along with a resting on baller, our forward line suddenly looks very dangerous.

I can't wait to see what we do with pick 6 and 10. Thomas/Pendles and then Reid/Brown gives you a pretty good reason to get excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back