Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Ken and Josh Thomas. I think JT is a seriously under rated footballer and could become our next elite midfielder.

I feel like we haven't even come close to seeing what Ben Kennedy can do. When he was drafted he said he thinks he plays like Luke Dalhaus, look out finals if he can provide us with some of that kind of talent.

I'll also be keeping a keen eye on Karnezis, Marley, Marty Clarke, and Fasolo.

Ben Kennedy for me too. Reckon he could bob up for 20-30 odd goals and become our goals assist king.

Just seems like a very clever hard working type that will get the most out of himself. Field kicking is good but just needs to work on his goal conversion.

Would also like to see Jackson Ramsay crack it for a few games. Really like the look of him. Pacey ball carrier who likes to take the opposition on and break the lines from HB.

It's exciting as we have so many contenders.

Grundy, Ben Kennedy, Broomhead, Ramsay all could.

Fasolo, Elliott, Seedsman, Keefe, Yagmoor all could further their development.

Pick 6 or Pick 10

My tip is Karnezis. Reading HUN article today Pies have got big plans for him, he does look talented and will have huge drive this year both playing for his beloved Pies in front of crowds he's never seen before and possibly he'll want to show Voss that he can play a bit too.

So much to look forward to.

There are a Few who could have a BreakOut Season:

• Seedsman - Could come a Chance for the AA Side
  • Grundy - Strong Chance at Rising Star this year if he can play all season
  • Kennedy - Settle in the Best 22
  • Adams - To show why we picked him
  • Frost - Could be a Real Supirse if he does not get Injured
  • Broomhead/Ramsey - Can make a go to be Best 22
  • Fasalo - Could be more Consistent
  • Witts - To show his Potential more

It would be great if Elliott, Seedsman, Kennedy, JT and Fasolo can all take their games to new heights.

Adams and Karnezis contributing regularly would also be a huge plus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Kennedy is the man, he showed the most of any of the draftees last year (other than the freak that is Grundy) and having played 12 senior games in his first year and with a full pre season under his belt he will become a best 22 player in 2013.

Our midfield will become deeper and stronger than anyone else in the competition, it's our forward line and back line that will be the concern.

Thought Dwyer showed a bit as well, so that would push Kennedy back to third in my opinion.

I think it would probably be Seedsman - I think with another pre-season and greater opportunity in Heath's absence, he will have the chance. Maybe Fasolo as a second option.

I'd like it to be any of Kennedy, Ramsay, Mooney, Broom.

It would be great if Elliott, Seedsman, Kennedy, JT and Fasolo can all take their games to new heights.

Adams and Karnezis contributing regularly would also be a huge plus.

Karnezis could be a Real Suprise if he can work on his Defensive Game as been Reported his can do some Ridcoulus Things. ALA Breanan

Elliot is another who can really come on. Will he go into the Midfield?

I remember Beams stating in his under 18 days that J.T was the better player and regularly outplayed him in games.

Great to see the kid finally have an injury free year.

Ironically Beams had a shocker.

Glad someone else knows that.
Not many people do..
Lots of posters here wanted him de-listed lol
I think he still has a lot of improvement in him and will become a star.
He has replaced the former #13 as my middle daughters favourite player.

Martin, with another preseason under his belt this bloke will EXPLODE! his numbers in the VFL do not lie, and one would think with a real sustained go at it he will make it as a permanent member of the midfield.
I actually think he will eclipse Dwyer, he could be that good.
Martin's problem is he has zero elite traits. He finds the footy, and does everything reasonably well, but his problem is he lacks hurt factor. Excellent VFL player. It's pretty clear that Buckley rates Dwyer ahead of Martin despite Martin clearly being a more well rounded player who finds more of it, because Dywer has a lot more hurt factor with his quickness and creativity.

As far as Kennedy goes, he would have to do a complete 180. He was terrible at AFL level. Looked slow, and his kicking was Cyril Rioli like. Talk about shanking. Even his kicks that went where he wanted it looked horrible off the boot. Lot's of helicopters. Hopefully he shows some improvement.

I think it's clearly Grundy. Assuming a good pre-season, I genuinely think he could be one of the best rucks in the comp as soon as next season. And his actual ability only has a small part to do with, it's because his footy smarts are elite. I fully expect him to be a significantly more dangerous threat up forward also, like he was in juniors. I think his lack of real success there had more to do with limited sample size of games, lack of ability to play him much down forward due to Lynch suckage, and the fact that he clearly didn't have necessary AFL level fitness IMO, which left him struggling a bit half way through games.

Great thread. This has to be our greatest strength at the moment, so many developing players ready to strike. Yeah, Heater and Thomas are massive loses, but there are so many young guns with tremendous potential. Williams, Grundy, Seedsman, Sidebottom, Broomhead, Kennedy, Martin, Oxley, Frost, Karnezis, Adams, Witts, Ramsey, Elliot, White, Yagmoor, Mooney. I'm sure I've missed a couple. We've lost a few through attrition, Jolly, Krakeour, Didak, Johnson, but besides Shaw, the contributions of our losses in 2013 will be minimal.

We've set ourselves for the future, but I don't fear 2014

Witts.

Jesse white will be so-so and Witts will get his chance then witts comes in and plays lights out and we roll with grundy and witts for the rest of the year and never look back.

This would be huge for us if that was correct. Having those two form a good combination would set up our chances in a few years time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back