Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin is another one that will benefit greatly from the return of Scott Burns. With Burnsy pushing the young man to work his #$%& off defensively Kmart will quickly come to rein.

Geez I hope so. Martin is a bit of the forgotten man. Forgotten because we have so much midfield talent and just added Adams. It shouldn't confuse the fact that he is quality in his own right. I get the feeling he may surprise a few this season.

Swan is going to have a big year as a semi permanent forward. Bucks showed last season that he is willing to send him down there and when he did, swanny was really dangerous. He has shown that when he goes forward he kicks goals. Now we just need swanny to get on board as well. Could be very similar to Leigh Matthews last few years!

Josh Thomas, who will average 30+ disposals for the season and whose shoulders will grow wider than a small bus.

Taylor Adams, who will truly excel once part of a top-class midfield under the tutelage of Sir Scott Burns and who will adopt the mandatory lesbian-caught-in-a-hurricane haircut for Collingwood youth.

Marley Williams, who will metamorphosise into a 181cm Honey Badger.

Keefffffe, who will metamorphosise into a rabid giraffe with a very floppy haircut.

Ben Reid, who as a permanent forward will finish 4th in the Coleman and 1st in pretending not to check himself out on the big screen.

Billy Elliott, who will finally learn you have to stand in front of the pack to crumb off Cloke's hands, and who will be the first person to achieve unpowered human flight.

Brodie Grundy, who will nonchalantly smash every ruck dual he engages in while not really giving a toss anyway, whose pure awesomeness will make women's panties fall off within 100m, and who will inspire more man-crushes than 60's Sean Connery playing 2012 Batman.

Ben Hudson, who will become the Greatest Sledger of All Time - regularly sending seasoned ruckmen to the bench sobbing for their mums after a mere quip, and who will grow the Beard to End All Beards to finally silence pube-faced pretenders like Nick Malceski, Kade Simpson, Ned Kelly, and those two weird guys from ZZ Top.

post of the year :thumbsu:

Kennedy, Broomhead and Oxley will be cemented best 22 by the end of next year with the 22 looking like this:

B: Oxley, Keeffe, Williams
HB: Broomhead, Brown, Toovey
C: Thomas, Adams, Beams
HF: Sidebottom, White, Seedsman
F: Elliott, Cloke, Reid
Foll: Grundy, Swan, Pendlebury

Int: O'Brien, Ball, Young, Kennedy

Would really like to see Kyle Martin have a big year, but there'll be even more competition for spots than last year, and he didn't get (or earn?) that many chances as it was.

Reckon Josh Thomas will really cement his spot and am hoping that Adams and Karnezis take a big step forward. With more gametime, Witts has the potential to take big strides rapidly as he learns to make more of his physical gifts (and hopefully tightens his turning circle a bit...)

Don't think White will be a star, but he can provide a target up forward we lacked this year - meaning Cloke hopefully doesn't always have to go up against three opposition players and will go off like a frog in a sock next year. If he's got his kicking boots on, he'll do some real damage.

Would really like to see Kyle Martin have a big year, but there'll be even more competition for spots than last year, and he didn't get (or earn?) that many chances as it was.
I really don't know WTF happened to KMart. He was consistently a star in the VFL, and performed solidly every time he was given a chance in the AFL, yet apparently fell out of favour, even when logic would put him ahead of Blair in the race for spots. Was his defensive game perhaps not strong enough to please Bucks?
7.gif

Cloke...will go off like a frog in a sock next year.
LOL. Love this expression - as Aussie as a dead dingo's donger. +1 likes for you, Sir.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Provided he gets elevated from the rookie list, kyle martin will continue to improve. He played some amazing games at VFL level the season....with another preseason under his belt, surly he can only get better
To me it looks like Martin and Dwyer where both picked to bolster our embarrassing putrid Vfl team of 2012 both were picked from non affiliated Vfl teams with the lure of rookie listings at the pies don't think the had any idea how good they both were Kmart I feel was held back for qualifying reasons to play Vfl finals still think he has more upside and will be a better player than Dwyer just my opinion

Martin is another one that will benefit greatly from the return of Scott Burns. With Burnsy pushing the young man to work his #$%& off defensively Kmart will quickly come to rein.
Got a mate who works at Frankston FC said Martin was their best player by a mile also said he was lazy

B: Keeffe, Brown, Williams
HB: Broomhead, Reid, Goldsack
F: Blair, Cloke, Thorpe

Emg Fasolo McCaffer Toovey Elliott

B: Keeffe, Brown, Williams
HB: Broomhead, Reid, Goldsack
F: Blair, Cloke, Thorpe

Emg Fasolo McCaffer Toovey Elliott
I generally agree with your views haha. But, Seedsman ahead of Elliot??

Plan B: If Thorpe is not picked up in the draft?

I generally agree with your views haha. But, Seedsman ahead of Elliot??

Plan B: If Thorpe is not picked up in the draft?
Elliott doesn't do enough.

Almost need a third tall. Reid must stay back to make us strong again.

Keeffe and Brown must play deep in defence and stop everything but they need something to kick to when they get it. I think our defensive hbf was shocking in 2013 we need both Goldsack and Reid there to help get it out from Brown and Keeffe deeper.
More defensive marks one on one inside again50 with the likes of Williams and Broomhead running right up to the wing to give us more loose men.

Elliott doesn't do enough.

Almost need a third tall. Reid must stay back to make us strong again.

Keeffe and Brown must play deep in defence and stop everything but they need something to kick to when they get it. I think our defensive hbf was shocking in 2013 we need both Goldsack and Reid there to help get it out from Brown and Keeffe deeper.
More defensive marks one on one inside again50 with the likes of Williams and Broomhead running right up to the wing to give us more loose men.
I agree 100% defensively. We must just about be the only ones who want Reid back and not forward haha.
I think I was more thinking if playing Seedsman he'd be on the back flank not Broomhead, not saying hes no good thats only cause I havn't seen him play much (probs only saw 1 game of his in the VFL last season).

If we draft Scharnenberg like I hope we do could almost move him back and play Goldy as a third tall down forward.

I agree 100% defensively. We must just about be the only ones who want Reid back and not forward haha.
I think I was more thinking if playing Seedsman he'd be on the back flank not Broomhead, not saying hes no good thats only cause I havn't seen him play much (probs only saw 1 game of his in the VFL last season).

If we draft Scharnenberg like I hope we do could almost move him back and play Goldy as a third tall down forward.
I think Broomhead could have more of a tackling game than Seedsman and probably a better tank to create a loose man. I expect big things from him.
Seedsman I see could be a great winger with his penetrating kick deep to Cloke, id love to see him build on his tank and get a big bigger.

Josh Thomas, who will average 30+ disposals for the season and whose shoulders will grow wider than a small bus.

Taylor Adams, who will truly excel once part of a top-class midfield under the tutelage of Sir Scott Burns and who will adopt the mandatory lesbian-caught-in-a-hurricane haircut for Collingwood youth.

Marley Williams, who will metamorphosise into a 181cm Honey Badger.

Keefffffe, who will metamorphosise into a rabid giraffe with a very floppy haircut.

Ben Reid, who as a permanent forward will finish 4th in the Coleman and 1st in pretending not to check himself out on the big screen.

Billy Elliott, who will finally learn you have to stand in front of the pack to crumb off Cloke's hands, and who will be the first person to achieve unpowered human flight.

Brodie Grundy, who will nonchalantly smash every ruck dual he engages in while not really giving a toss anyway, whose pure awesomeness will make women's panties fall off within 100m, and who will inspire more man-crushes than 60's Sean Connery playing 2012 Batman.

Ben Hudson, who will become the Greatest Sledger of All Time - regularly sending seasoned ruckmen to the bench sobbing for their mums after a mere quip, and who will grow the Beard to End All Beards to finally silence pube-faced pretenders like Nick Malceski, Kade Simpson, Ned Kelly, and those two weird guys from ZZ Top.

Great writing...gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back