Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as Kennedy goes, he would have to do a complete 180. He was terrible at AFL level. Looked slow, and his kicking was Cyril Rioli like. Talk about shanking. Even his kicks that went where he wanted it looked horrible off the boot. Lot's of helicopters. Hopefully he shows some improvement.

Agree on Kennedy's kicking. I think a big part of his problem is he takes too much of a wind up. Okay in U18, but taking an extra split second in the seniors considerably increases chances of a smotherer or extra tackle pressure. Needs to get it quicker and neater to boot.

ordered from most to least likely:
1. seedsman
2. fasolo
3. thomas
4. broomhead
5. elliott

my boy seedsman leading the charge

So many options, it's exciting as to how many could break out, including two high draft picks.

I'll go with Keefe and Marley meaning less issues in defence.

It's strange seeing the name Thomas mentioned so many times.

It always takes me a moment to compute that it's not 'he who is no longer allowed to be mentioned' :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm thinking the loss of Shaw and Thomas will demand a rebound player like Seedsman or Williams to really stand up.

I think they'll both start to get more recognition next year certainly and will be handed greater responsibility but I see both Seedsman and Williams as established players now. Their breakout years I felt were last year with both coming into their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch how good Taylor Adams will be.

Of the players last year, Broomhead will show some class in the seniors

Why do people want to see fasolo as a defender? Such a naturally brilliant forward and I don't think he has ever played defence in his life

Well I don't know why others want to see it, but I think he's as well suited to the position as Leon Davis was. He's strong in 1:1 contests, reads the ball well and generally makes good decisions. His kicking is elite and would service our forwards perfectly as well as solving the kick-in debate. I'm not saying Fasolo should never be used up front but I'd like to see him win his place first in defence and then become an option we can use if necessary. I agree that some players just "aren't defenders" (I don't think Young or Seedsman have the defensive grunt required) but Fasolo has a little mongrel in him and I believe that a move to the back six would unlock another dimension for us.

Broomy to 'break in' to the team. Fasolo to come back and remind us of how good he can be. Marley to become one of the league's most feared small defenders. And Adams to excel in the Pies environment. But the biggest 'break out' year of all will be Grundy's. The kid is so aggressive and hungry. His attitude will drive him to (literally) great heights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back