Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Young! In terms of stringing some consistent amount of games together and being injury free.

Could make the world a difference to our team. Hopefully Witts too! as it will be a strong indicator to our strong ruck combo for the next ten odd years

Lots of possibilities here, should be an exciting year..
In order

Break out:

Grundy
Reid as a permanent forward (60+ goals)
Adams.
Marley (AA backline player next year)
Seedsman (will join Elite player status like Beams in 2012)
Broomhead
Frost
Elliot (extend on last year to 40+ goals)
Martin (will replace Blair)
Kennedy
Young (breakout at Collingwood)
Keefe I think will destroy it after a full preseason.
White
Karnezis.

Who will break down?

Maxwell ( gone by Rnd 5)
Blair (will just be surpassed by the likes of Adams, Martin, Kennedy, Broomhead)
Goldsack. (Will need to really show some spark or will be gone)
Witts (no cut out for seniors won't get many games)
Sinclair (held up in an injury depleted sign but won't be able to sustain it)
Lynch ( sorry but finished)
Clark (it's over for Marty he shouldn't have gone home)
Fasolo ( don't know why I just can't see him breaking in to the side)

im not sure who will break out but it is a big year for the following youngsters:
Elliot: Far from convinced tbh... needs to keep improving. Plays a difficult, difficult role.
Fasolo: Back from injury looking to cement a spot
Karnezis: Needs to work hard and earn a spot
Seedsman: Big year has to find a role and make it his own with wing or backline
Sinclair: Will probably only get a shot through injury but promising defender
Martin: Somehow needs to find a way to get a game
Witts: Step up and be an incredible ruck duo with grundy young fella!

These are all guys who are 21-23 years old who need to step up next year. Marley and JT did it this year and have cemented themselves in our 22.. its time for a few of these guys to.
Harsh on elliott but he needs to improve his consistency, i really like his potential.

Also at the cross roads:
Clarke - 27 next year looks like he is heading into his last year
Caff -26 next year and still battling for a spot. Persist we will tho!
Pendles- 26 next year, needs to get a game or delist. hehehe
Gault - 22 next year, probably won't be on the list
lynch- 31 next year almost certain to be his last.

I don't get the Ben Kennedy love. Good at a lot of things but not really elite at any.

Yes I know he is a first year player but I can't see where his improvement comes from. He is small, not a great kick and not overly inside, as in not that physical. His kicking worries me the most.

For all the hate he gets, Blair offers a lot more to the side and I do understand he is a lot older. But to me it is all about best 22 and Kennedy not there just yet.

I really hope I am wrong. Please help me love Ben Ken.

Disclaimer. I was a massive Tooves hater but now have him in our top 10

im not sure who will break out but it is a big year for the following youngsters:
Elliot: Far from convinced tbh... needs to keep improving. Plays a difficult, difficult role.
Fasolo: Back from injury looking to cement a spot
Karnezis: Needs to work hard and earn a spot
Seedsman: Big year has to find a role and make it his own with wing or backline
Sinclair: Will probably only get a shot through injury but promising defender
Martin: Somehow needs to find a way to get a game
Witts: Step up and be an incredible ruck duo with grundy young fella!

These are all guys who are 21-23 years old who need to step up next year. Marley and JT did it this year and have cemented themselves in our 22.. its time for a few of these guys to.
Harsh on elliott but he needs to improve his consistency, i really like his potential.

Also at the cross roads:
Clarke - 27 next year looks like he is heading into his last year
Caff -26 next year and still battling for a spot. Persist we will tho!
Pendles- 26 next year, needs to get a game or delist. hehehe
Gault - 22 next year, probably won't be on the list
lynch- 31 next year almost certain to be his last.
sharkgrin.gif

I'd love see Yagmoor make it, he has some really good traits and is still young at 20. He played most of his footy in Queensland so he's probably started a little behind. I would be rapt if he could become a lock down back pocket and his kicking skills would be a massive bonus in the backline.

I think many have put a line through him already, I still remember Toovey and Maxwell's progress slow.

I think we can safely say that some of our kids such as Grundy, Kennedy and Broomy will make it, but where the real benefit for the club comes is when blokes like Yags, Marley Williams and these later picks/ rookie selections push their way into our best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the Ben Kennedy love. Good at a lot of things but not really elite at any.

Yes I know he is a first year player but I can't see where his improvement comes from. He is small, not a great kick and not overly inside, as in not that physical. His kicking worries me the most.

For all the hate he gets, Blair offers a lot more to the side and I do understand he is a lot older. But to me it is all about best 22 and Kennedy not there just yet.

I really hope I am wrong. Please help me love Ben Ken.

Disclaimer. I was a massive Tooves hater but now have him in our top 10

he is a good kick and good around goal and he is hard as nails, was always going to take him longer to settle due to his size. He will be a very good player.

People forget Fasolo was dropped to the magoos then injured himself needs to lift big time if he wants to remain at the club another one ala Maxwell who thinks the media is his no 1 employer
And it seems like you forgot he pretty much had no preseason last year, so it's understandable that he wasn't going to start the year in peak form.

Reading all these possibilities can't help but make you soo optimistic. Hopefully Fasolo reaches his potential, Beams gets back to his best and Young proves what a great pick up he was. Will make us a real contender.

JT for mine....finally on the paddock, big preseason without injury, couple of good games last year...learning his place in the side and can only improve.

Fasolo and BenKen. Both have immense talent. Fasolo inured all of last year in only his 3rd year. BenKen has the tools, some take a little longer. BenKen will because of his size. I expect him to play plenty as a dangerous small forward.

I really hope Broomy gets a lot of games. I think Scharenberg will really show why we got him at pick 6.

Josh Thomas, who will average 30+ disposals for the season and whose shoulders will grow wider than a small bus.

Taylor Adams, who will truly excel once part of a top-class midfield under the tutelage of Sir Scott Burns and who will adopt the mandatory lesbian-caught-in-a-hurricane haircut for Collingwood youth.

Marley Williams, who will metamorphosise into a 181cm Honey Badger.

Keefffffe, who will metamorphosise into a rabid giraffe with a very floppy haircut.

Ben Reid, who as a permanent forward will finish 4th in the Coleman and 1st in pretending not to check himself out on the big screen.

Billy Elliott, who will finally learn you have to stand in front of the pack to crumb off Cloke's hands, and who will be the first person to achieve unpowered human flight.

Brodie Grundy, who will nonchalantly smash every ruck dual he engages in while not really giving a toss anyway, whose pure awesomeness will make women's panties fall off within 100m, and who will inspire more man-crushes than 60's Sean Connery playing 2012 Batman.

Ben Hudson, who will become the Greatest Sledger of All Time - regularly sending seasoned ruckmen to the bench sobbing for their mums after a mere quip, and who will grow the Beard to End All Beards to finally silence pube-faced pretenders like Nick Malceski, Kade Simpson, Ned Kelly, and those two weird guys from ZZ Top.

I was just thinking about this.

I want browny to have a real Reid like breakout season where he is AA full back. I think he has the ability and finally has some consistency.

Other than him, of the youngens, I have high hopes for Ramsay and karnezis. Karnezis to become that tall, bullish mid we need and Ramsay to add a new dimension to the backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back