Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just thinking about this.

I want browny to have a real Reid like breakout season where he is AA full back. I think he has the ability and finally has some consistency.

Other than him, of the youngens, I have high hopes for Ramsay and karnezis. Karnezis to become that tall, bullish mid we need and Ramsay to add a new dimension to the backline.

32507_JackFrost_214x306ESP.jpg
Now is the winter of our content.The iceman cometh.

Fasolo- AKA the prince of perth, will show us what we missed last season as that creative, skilled half forward who kicks a couple of goals a game.

Elliott- Will deliver the good 4-5 goal games on a more regular basis, kicking roughly 40 goals next season.

Sidebottom- To become an All Australian Half-back flanker.

Kennedy- to become an established best 22 player.

It is time for Steele to start taking control. For a while now he has been good without having the moments of "I'm going to step up and drag us over the line". Too many times last season we looked as though we were waiting for the game changer and everyone just expected someone else to do it.

I'm of the opinion that players don't really start to blossom until they get about 50 senior games under their belts.

Without even considering players who will be added via the ND, RD and PSD, we have 20 players on our list who are yet to notch that milestone. It's 21 if you include Macaffer who does have 52 games but did miss a season with a knee.

Fasolo (40), Elliott (35), Adams (31) and Seedsman (28) are next in the experience queue.

What that says to me is we have loads of room for improvement and just about any of these players could elevate their games to another level in 2014.

If I had to choose, Elliott, Grundy, Kennedy, Thomas and Adams will be the stand outs. Oxley the roughie.

Broomhead, Ramsay and Gualt all to get senior time. Not because we're struggling to field a team, but because their preseason & VFL form demands it.

Provided he gets elevated from the rookie list, kyle martin will continue to improve. He played some amazing games at VFL level the season....with another preseason under his belt, surly he can only get better

I have a Feeling that Bucks is not a Massive Martin Fan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not sure who will break out but it is a big year for the following youngsters:
Elliot: Far from convinced tbh... needs to keep improving. Plays a difficult, difficult role.
Fasolo: Back from injury looking to cement a spot
Karnezis: Needs to work hard and earn a spot
Seedsman: Big year has to find a role and make it his own with wing or backline
Sinclair: Will probably only get a shot through injury but promising defender
Martin: Somehow needs to find a way to get a game
Witts: Step up and be an incredible ruck duo with grundy young fella!

These are all guys who are 21-23 years old who need to step up next year. Marley and JT did it this year and have cemented themselves in our 22.. its time for a few of these guys to.
Harsh on elliott but he needs to improve his consistency, i really like his potential.

Also at the cross roads:
Clarke - 27 next year looks like he is heading into his last year
Caff -26 next year and still battling for a spot. Persist we will tho!
Pendles- 26 next year, needs to get a game or delist. hehehe
Gault - 22 next year, probably won't be on the list
lynch- 31 next year almost certain to be his last.

The bloke is a spud....how did he get that 4 year contract ;)

What gives you that idea Dave?
Well with people on here Raving on about him and he played 4 games.

If you talk to lot of posters on here. You would think he should of played way more

Brodie Grundy, who will nonchalantly smash every ruck dual he engages in while not really giving a toss anyway, whose pure awesomeness will make women's panties fall off within 100m, and who will inspire more man-crushes than 60's Sean Connery playing 2012 Batman.

OMG that is gold

im going for sidebottom, and also to win the copeland :thumbsu:
RuLZ7ZQmfB

Dude, you are the youtube guy. Not a good advertisement when your pic(?) is not viable.

Also, admitting that you are going in for a bit of Side bottom, sorry.:p

I think it is set up for Seedsman but he has to grab the opportunity. He has the ability, the opportunity (with Heath gone) and is at the right level of experience entering his fourth year in the AFL system.

Grundy is probably the safe bet though.

Well with people on here Raving on about him and he played 4 games.

If you talk to lot of posters on here. You would think he should of played way more

From what I remember the coaches saying, they rated Martin's offensive plays, but thought he was a bit of a one way runner so they were instructing him to build on his defensive side in the VFL. I thought he should have gotten more games as well, but perhaps the coaches saw him benefiting long term by honing in on the skills?

Martin is another one that will benefit greatly from the return of Scott Burns. With Burnsy pushing the young man to work his #$%& off defensively Kmart will quickly come to rein.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who will have a breakout year next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back