Who would you keep out of the 13 uncontracted players this year?

Who do you offer a contract extension to this year?

• Brayden Cook

Votes: 124 94.7%
  • Brodie Smith

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Chris Burgess

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Elliot Himmelberg

Votes: 35 26.7%
  • Hugh Bond

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • James Borlase

Votes: 109 83.2%
  • Lochie Gollant

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • Lochie Scholl

Votes: 111 84.7%
  • Ned McHenry

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Patrick Parnell

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Sam Berry

Votes: 117 89.3%
  • Taylor Walker

Votes: 107 81.7%
  • Will Hamill

Votes: 112 85.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Changed my vote after Hugh Bond's debut last night. Went from de-list to re-list. This kid has potential... and a pretty impressive cheer squad!
Yeah, I might have been wrong about him. They obviously saw a role for him and persisted, even when it wasn't obvious with his SANFL form. Good on the lad.

So your happy to go in with even a less experienced list by trading out net 1 player?

Burgess needs to be delisted as imo not up to AFL standard. I would keep Gollant over Burgess.

I would pay out Smith if he has hit a trigger.
I was thinking Burgess would be break glass depth, but fair enough to delist.

I don't think Gollant is worth persevering with, personally.

I wouldn't mind another experienced player or two traded in, though.

I was thinking Burgess would be break glass depth, but fair enough to delist.

I don't think Gollant is worth persevering with, personally.

I wouldn't mind another experienced player or two traded in, though.

I honestly thought he was just playing as a defender in the SANFL out of necessity, but looking back now, the club had a plan all along.

His form vs Glenelg and then Doggies was very good. He took that form into his debut and was very good.

Are we still sure Burgess is out of contract this year?

Would be one of the ballsiest moves I’ve seen to come to a club with Tex/Fog/RT already at it without getting an additional year on his existing contract

Changed my vote after Hugh Bond's debut last night. Went from de-list to re-list. This kid has potential... and a pretty impressive cheer squad!
Yeah, I wrote Bond off too early too.

He's worth re-signing.

Are we still sure Burgess is out of contract this year?

Would be one of the ballsiest moves I’ve seen to come to a club with Tex/Fog/RT already at it without getting an additional year on his existing contract

According to that article, he signed a 2 year deal in 2022.

2023 & 2024 and no other contract information or update occurred when he was traded to the Crows.

I think the Crows will offer him a 1 year deal after the season has concluded.

2023 & 2024 and no other contract information or update occurred when he was traded to the Crows.

Why?

That is, if he wasn’t already offered one when he arrived at the club that Footywire doesn’t know about

Either way, I reckon it’s a guarantee one of him or Gollant stays (that is, if EH is still leaving)

That is, if he wasn’t already offered one when he arrived at the club that Footywire doesn’t know about

Either way, I reckon it’s a guarantee one of him or Gollant stays (that is, if EH is still leaving)

Usually the club would release some information indicating a contract update, and I could not find anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to lose Berry or Keane, mainly because they're decent footballers but also we aren't bringing anyone in. It will be another situation like last season where all we did was get that dud Burgess.

There are no rucks we will be trading for either.
There's a stack of rucks we could trade for.

Nick Bryan, Henry Smith, Will Verrall, Max Heath, Lachlan McAndrew, Harry Barnett, Peter Ladhams, Max Ramsden, Dante Visintini, Max Knoble - look, it just depends if any of those seem appealing and will genuinely challenge O'Brien.

Nick Bryan, Henry Smith, Will Verrall, Max Heath, Lachlan McAndrew, Harry Barnett, Peter Ladhams, Max Ramsden, Dante Visintini, Max Knoble - look, it just depends if any of those seem appealing and will genuinely challenge O'Brien.
I wonder how far away Verrall is, given that Melbourne went for a Petty/Van Rooyen combination on the weekend against Draper

Some teams balance their list with 3 to 4 rucks. One-Two main rucks and developing reserve rucks. We have been incredibly negligent in this area for a decade.

I wonder how far away Verrall is, given that Melbourne went for a Petty/Van Rooyen combination on the weekend against Draper
I've watched a bit of his VFL football this year, he's still a fair way off. I'm starting to think he might be the type of player to star at SANFL in the ruck/forward role but struggle at AFL level. Something like Connor Ballenden at WWT now given Verrall plays a fair bit forward at the Dees also.

I think Goodwin is showing he is from the Neil Craig school of thinking. He'd rather play a mediocre battler out of position than give someone else a go.

I think it will be determined by what Elliot Himmelberg does.

Himmelberg stays. Burgess goes
Himmelberg goes to GWS as a FA. Burgess stays.

Think Borlase stays regardless as a cover in the back 6.
Saw T Murray being picked up as the Himelberg replacement. Burgess has to go, no point on having a back up who isn't AFL standard. Not really a back up in that case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you keep out of the 13 uncontracted players this year?

Back