Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Who’s calling the shots, you could see Smith was uncomfortable last night
Yep & so predictable as we just repeat nearly every time a player is struggling.

That gives me no confidence in our selection committee to make good decisions.

There was a fly in the Coach's box. Persistent blowie, unlike the Crows :rolleyes:.
At one stage, landed on Nicks' noggin.
Channel 7 commentators thought it was hilarious; producer cut to Nicks shooing fly away. Nicks had about as much success with the fly as the Crows have had under his ... tenure.
Some posters were also amused. No "incident" :expressionless:

That's it.
Can we recruit the fly in the MSD?

Now that the AFL has confirmed that a last second umpiring mistake cost us victory how many additional prime time matches will we get?!
The VFL a few times a year:
“We made a mistake”

Also VFL:
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a fly in the Coach's box. Persistent blowie, unlike the Crows :rolleyes:.
At one stage, landed on Nicks' noggin.
Channel 7 commentators thought it was hilarious; producer cut to Nicks shooing fly away. Nicks had about as much success with the fly as the Crows have had under his ... tenure.
Some posters were also amused. No "incident" :expressionless:

That's it.
Another coaching move by Scott

Another coaching move by Scott
It's not a good feeling knowing we are likely to be outcoached most weeks.

It's why unfortunately I have come to the realisation we are not going anywhere until there are significant changes at the club.

Was at the game last night. Frustrating as all hell.

Essendon were the far better team but wasted chances. Their spread and numbers around the ball were elite. They just knew that they always had an outlet handball in a better position and they executed the handball every time. We on the other hand regularly waited 2 seconds too long to get rid of it, handballed one too many times and/or constantly handballed to players in a worse position and burned players that were open.

Amazing too how 20 seconds after the centre bounce there can be a genuine raffle of Essendon players all on their own 15m out from goal. How does that even happen?

For most of the night it was like watching two different games. We somehow stayed in it despite not being able to take a mark inside 50 and just being generally incompetent in most things requiring skill, while they played Formula 1 football and looked like the Harlem Globetrotters but just couldn't finish.

This could also be confirmation bias, but surely we're the worst in the league for those holding the balls where you get spun around at least once, then eventually dragged down without so much as even an attempt to get rid of it. We seem to always think there's no need to get rid of it while being tackled because the tackle will probably slip, which it never does so I don't know what gave them that impression.

Laird putrid.
Gollant and Cook non entities.
Fogarty constantly burnt by shithouse delivery.
McHenry and Sholl delivered exactly what they always do.
ROB is as effective as a post. Can't clunk a contested mark to save his life.
I'm in NSW on biz, so couldn't have gone anyway, but I wouldn't have gone even with luxury Corporate box free tickets.

My masochism for Crows-watching has limits.

It is all well and good to say shouldn't let a non free kick lose the game.

A HTB free kick is not like a push or high tackle.

It was a direct result of good play by us to create the pressure to lock the ball in and apply the tackle.

That is why it is unfair the umpire got it so blatantly wrong.

Our guys got into the position to win the game, and an umpiring mistake took it away from us.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm in NSW on biz, so couldn't have gone anyway, but I wouldn't have gone even with luxury Corporate box free tickets.

My masochism for Crows-watching has limits.
I accepted a wine tasting before realising we had a Friday night game.

Made the better choice as De Lisio wines were superb.

It is all well and good to say shouldn't let a non free kick lose the game.

A HTB free kick is not like a push or high tackle.

It was a direct result of good play by us to create the pressure to lock the ball in and apply the tackle.

That is why it is unfair the umpire got it so blatantly wrong.

Our guys got into the position to win the game, and an umpiring mistake took it away from us.

At Crows supporters we are being regularly screwed over by both our own club's incompetence & clearly biased VFL umpiring changing the result of games.

Seriously what is in it for us to continue to put up with this crap?

At Crows supporters we are being regularly screwed over by both our own club's incompetence & clearly biased VFL umpiring changing the result of games.

Seriously what is in it for us to continue to put up with this crap?
What can we do?

I don't think it is bias. Just bad umpiring. Umpiring talent base not good enough.

They should go back to 3 field umpires.

Plenty of examples both ways last night.

I guess given it was our fourth result like that in the past two seasons we have been unlucky.

Waa good to see Tex argue after the game.

What can we do?

I don't think it is bias. Just bad umpiring. Umpiring talent base not good enough.

They should go back to 3 field umpires.

Plenty of examples both ways last night.

I guess given it was our fourth result like that in the past two seasons we have been unlucky.

Nah, there are a few umpires who are biased & screw us every game... but yeah, most are just incompetent.

Going to 4 umpires has made the standard of umpiring worse & more inconsistent like last night with holding the ball. Go back to 3.

Yep & so predictable as we just repeat nearly every time a player is struggling.

That gives me no confidence in our selection committee to make good decisions.
They are risk averse when it comes to a young untried player being given an opportunity, but happy to risk an injured player in their "twilight years". Take that selection conservatism & directly link it to the coaching approach & I think you're getting close to a serious problem at the club.
All the bleating about not wanting to blood Curtin too soon & yet every lad taken before him in the draft has played at least a couple of senior games already. Calculated risk!!

Nah, there are a few umpires who are biased & screw us every game... but yeah, most are just incompetent.

Going to 4 umpires has made the standard of umpiring worse & more inconsistent like last night with holding the ball. Go back to 3.
Will agree that 22 (I think 22) blatantly bias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back