Who'll get the first tap on the shoulder and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know McMahon has had injury and illness related issues, but he needs to drop a lot of weight over the pre-season and work hard on his agility and speed in the first 10-15m, even at the expense of overall endurance. He needs to be in a better physical position to play on small forwards who are very agile and very quick off the mark.
Yea can't see McMahon getting in good enough shape to be of any use.
Will be continually exposed for pace and agility at even vfl level and him getting older wont help.

The only positive of McMahon being on the list is that he will be an easy delisting this time next year when he is out of contract

Will be continually exposed for pace and agility at even vfl level and him getting older wont help.

The only positive of McMahon being on the list is that he will be an easy delisting this time next year when he is out of contract

Dude, you called that he would be delisted this year a dozen or so times before today's announcement. That went well.

I don't place much credence in your above prediction either.

I wouldn't underestimate the body shape affect of steroids, when used ongoing to quell inflammation and other such symptoms of a serious medical condition. They turn average Joe Blows into beach balls. He'll be in better shape with another preseason, whether that's enough to earn a recall or not.

We need to get Loose some of the pills James Tird was popping.....:oops:

If he's going to get boned in a year he may as well do so with a tan and a boner. Good call!
I'm laughing at the image of Scotty running around at Werribee, tanned, skinning and sporting massive erection all year.

"It's the crease in the pants, nothing to see here......"

Glad we've given Kayne a senior spot, he deserves it. Other delistings were predictable.

Now it's time to get three draftees on the list and storm to the 2015 finals.

Pumped.

If Turner was a day younger, where would he have fit in this draft. I think the talk was that he would be top 20. So, for us to get him now is a great bonus, coz we know exactly what we get with him!

If Turner was a day younger, where would he have fit in this draft. I think the talk was that he would be top 20. So, for us to get him now is a great bonus, coz we know exactly what we get with him!
Saw a few articles last year saying anywhere from around 10-20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much less so, than this time last year IMO.
I really do think he has lost some pace, despite the media not saying it. He is getting by on his smarts and reading of the play, but pure acceleration is not what it used to be. He can pinch hit and add class to the side for the next two seasons, but he is definitely just the cream these days and not the cake.

I must admit EH I haven't noticed any loss of pace.

Boomer continually amazes me with his speed the fact that he hasn't had any soft tissue injuries has certainly helped him to retain his acceleration. I remember Luke Power appeared to lose his speed overnight once he started to get soft tissue injuries.

I'd be interested to know others thoughts on the matter.

I don't have a crystal ball, I don't know if a player is going to do what is required or not, I just highlight what they need to do in order to make it.

I must admit EH I haven't noticed any loss of pace.

Boomer continually amazes me with his speed the fact that he hasn't had any soft tissue injuries has certainly helped him to retain his acceleration. I remember Luke Power appeared to lose his speed overnight once he started to get soft tissue injuries.

I'd be interested to know others thoughts on the matter.
He is definitely slower than two years ago.

He has been run down a few times, and can not burn off chasers as easily these days.

Pretty handy for a geriatric though.

He is definitely slower than two years ago.

He has been run down a few times, and can not burn off chasers as easily these days.

Pretty handy for a geriatric though.
Still quicker than 80% of the competition though. I still laugh whenever he gets the ball, looks behind him, sees player X and thinks 'yeah, I got this' despite player X being 10-15 years his junior in most cases. I'm gonna miss the Boom when the day eventually comes

Could McMahon make a move back to the forward line? Used to go alright there.
Would never give up front spot, defenders would never be able to get past his barge arse.

You do realize that not every player is entitled to 50 games as a right for being drafted?

Banging on like you do about games and development in such a black and white manner is foolish.

Fact is players need to earn their games, and need to show enough in those games to get to your magical 50 game number.

McKenzie hasn't done so, and if that doesn't change he will quite rightly be delisted whether he gets to 50 or otherwise.
Why draft him then? In the first round. You've made your snap judgment about a player from a couple of poor games by a 21 year old who needs more development. Love you're instant impatience, without knowing anything about coach instructions to him in any particular game. Oh, I forget, you don't like Brad ... you're sure about that as well, made you're mind up years ago.
You do realise that nearly every development coach in the league counsels patience with young players? The 50 games mantra is not parroted for nothing, but I'm sure you know better ...

Inside mid, apparently.

I'm not sold.
He is a beast inside mid at VFL level. When he has played seniors, he is forced to play half back or as the sub neither of which suits him at all. Granted, he still has a lot of work to do on his tank and confidence as he has only had 1 full pre season out of 4 (this year). Levi gone, Dumont in hot water = opportunity. I've got faith :) there is a reason why he went at pick 16 and he was chased by every VIC team when he left Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who'll get the first tap on the shoulder and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back