Who's closer to a flag? Adelaide, Port Adelaide or Fremantle?

Who wins their next flag before the others?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If rozee and duursma are only “solid squad players” what would you call the crows youth not named thilthorpe?
Butts
Schoenberg
Jones
Fogarty
Sholl
Cook
Murray
McHenry
Berry
McPherson

All played plenty of games this year & all look long term players.

Pedlar is one I'm very excited about.

I'm confident we have the talent, but we won't be challenging the top 8 for a couple of years.

What do Port fans think Duursma's trade value is?

Oof - probably don’t even want to entertain a trade.

If he wanted to go home - pending the draft talent, something equal to what we got him for. So Pick 18 in an excellent draft.

Georgiades will be a good third tall? OK, so you haven't seen him play?
Will be a gun player but rumoured to really want to return to WA.

How will Port's forward line look then & with the retirement of Dixon?

Erm, quite possibly all of his games, including his pre-draft games?

He’s a 192cm hyper athletic third tall.

Or are you going to tell me next he’s going to grow 10cm and turn into Max King?
Definitely better as a 3rd tall, but he is the most talented Port forward... if they can keep him.

Erm, quite possibly all of his games, including his pre-draft games?

He’s a 192cm hyper athletic third tall.

Or are you going to tell me next he’s going to grow 10cm and turn into Max King?
As a neutral, I've actually been more impressed with Georgiades than King, and I expect Georgiades will have a better career than Max King.

Georgiades will be more of a Nick Riewoldt type player who pushes up the ground more regularly than King, but is a better kick than Riewoldt (and King).

Butts
Schoenberg
Jones
Fogarty
Sholl
Cook
McHenry
Berry
McPherson

All played plenty of games this year & all look long term players.

Pedlar is one I'm very excited about.

I'm confident we have the talent, but we won't be challenging the top 8 for a couple of years.
The poster called rozee and duursma “solid squad players” and I asked them what they would call the crows youth not named thilthorpe.

You’ve kind of gone off on another tangent there just randomly naming crows players rather than answering the question.

if they view rozee and duursma as “solid squad players” what do you call the crows youth not named thilthorpe?

If rozee is a “solid squad player” naming jones cook McHenry pedlar berry and macpherson as key crows youth is laughable

As a neutral, I've actually been more impressed with Georgiades than King, and I expect Georgiades will have a better career than Max King.

Georgiades will be more of a Nick Riewoldt type player who pushes up the ground more regularly than King, but is a better kick than Riewoldt (and King).

Well, that didn’t really answer the original accusation. Have you seen them play then?

King and Georgiades couldn’t be further alike.

Georgiades has great agility, great at ground level, but still very dangerous in the air. He is going to need to operate with another power forward to be effective though, he’s not a #1 forward at 192cm.

Max King is a bonafide alpha power forward and is like 6” bigger than him.

Like I said, Georgiades projects to be a Gunston style forward who has still been an AA and kicked just on 400 goals. Gunston is actually slightly taller than him.

Well, that didn’t really answer the original accusation. Have you seen them play then?

Georgiades has great agility, great at ground level, but still very dangerous in the air. He is going to need to operate with another power forward to be effective though, he’s not a #1 forward.

Disagree. And I would take Georgiades ahead of King at my club, partially because I'd prefer my key forwards to be able to kick straight.

Each to their own.

Will be a gun player but rumoured to really want to return to WA.

How will Port's forward line look then & with the retirement of Dixon?
There’s been no such thing outside of speculation from west aus media (no different to how sa’s media speculates about every Sa born player coming home every year..)

if you want to play “what if talented player x wants to go home” you can play with any team and they look worse off on paper.

What we do know is that port has an excellent record at retaining players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The poster called rozee and duursma “solid squad players” and I asked them what they would call the crows youth not named thilthorpe.

You’ve kind of gone off on another tangent there just randomly naming crows players rather than answering the question.

if they view rozee and duursma as “solid squad players” what do you call the crows youth not named thilthorpe?

If rozee is a “solid squad player” naming jones cook McHenry pedlar berry and macpherson as key crows youth is laughable
Durrsma is over-rated imo.

Most the Crows player i listed imo will end up better players.

Your best young talent was not even mentioned - Butters.

Imo, we have as good if not better young talent on our list (have more players)... but no doubting your older players & experience is far better... but you would have to agree, you will have several key players retiring over the next few years... so we should be both around the same mark then.

Can't see Hinkley winning you a flag.

Didn't really hurt Hawthorn, did it?
Lol, how do you know they would not have won more flags.

You were the one claiming players don't leave successful clubs... & clearly I have caught you out that this claim is not always correct.

Port are not successful like Hawks either!

Disagree. And I would take Georgiades ahead of King at my club, partially because I'd prefer my key forwards to be able to kick straight.

Each to their own.
To be fair Pies would take any competent young forward capable of kicking goals.

You would take either without a 2nd thought!

Georgiades has great agility, great at ground level, but still very dangerous in the air. He is going to need to operate with another power forward to be effective though, he’s not a #1 forward at 192cm.

Like I said, Georgiades projects to be a Gunston style forward who has still been an AA and kicked just on 400 goals. Gunston is actually slightly taller than him.
I don’t agree that Georgiades is really like Gunston at all. They only get that comparison cause of their height.

I do agree he would always operate better with another taller kf with him. My concern would not be a taller defender on Georgiades… Mitch will beat them one way or another, it’s multiple key defenders operating against Georgiades. That would then make it hard to overcome a height difference. He can beat one big key defender but beating two is much harder. Another big kf, like Dixon, to draw another tall and make sure they have another focus other than Mitch is my thinking.

but Gunston is very much a leading kf. Georgiades can lead (Mitch is explosive off the mark) but he’s also a much greater aerial threat in packs and high balls, plus he’s much better in 1 on 1 contested marking situations where he’s great at reading and using his body than Gunston was (who wasn’t rubbish at these things but Mitch is elite at these things)

you can’t really compare Georgiades to anyone really. There isn’t a player with his athletic traits + football ability. But yeah, he’s 191cms. He’s not a 3rd kf, he’s a genuine FF/ kf.

But he’s a FF / KF who would be better if we continue to play him in a way where he doesn’t get swamped by multiple key defenders. Either through playing another kf that demands attention or isolating Mitch if possible.

I don’t agree that Georgiades is really like Gunston at all. They only get that comparison cause of their height.

I do agree he would always operate better with another taller kf with him. My concern would not be a taller defender on Georgiades… Mitch will beat them one way or another, it’s multiple key defenders operating against Georgiades. That would then make it hard to overcome a height difference. He can beat one big key defender but beating two is much harder. Another big kf, like Dixon, to draw another tall and make sure they have another focus other than Mitch is my thinking.

but Gunston is very much a leading kf. Georgiades can lead (Mitch is explosive off the mark) but he’s also a much greater aerial threat in packs and high balls, plus he’s much better in 1 on 1 contested marking situations where he’s great at reading and using his body than Gunston was (who wasn’t rubbish at these things but Mitch is elite at these things)

you can’t really compare Georgiades to anyone really. There isn’t a player with his athletic traits + football ability. But yeah, he’s 191cms. He’s not a 3rd kf, he’s a genuine FF/ kf.

But he’s a FF / KF who would be better if we continue to play him in a way where he doesn’t get swamped by multiple key defenders. Either through playing another kf that demands attention or isolating Mitch if possible.
This is absolutely spot on.

He has been playing as a second/third tall forward, because the kid played what two seasons.

You believe that berry, macpherson, cook, McHenry, pedlar and jones will be better players than duursma and rozee?

That’s about as wishful one eyed fantasy stuff as you would ever find anywhere.
I said most will end up better than Durrsma... never said Roezee if you actually read my post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's closer to a flag? Adelaide, Port Adelaide or Fremantle?

Back