• Brent Ratten

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Mark Williams

Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure where, but I've heard and/or seen exactly the same thing that SizeMatters refers re: Harvey going back to WA.

That's disconcerting. I want him at our club at some capacity. Can you remember if it was substantiated quotes or just bigfooty talk?

That's disconcerting. I want him at our club at some capacity. Can you remember if it was substantiated quotes or just bigfooty talk?

I'm with you, Harvey is the ONLY guy I want to coach the club at the minute, but he said it himself on SEN last week, think I may have posted as much in the 'Media Alert' thread (just checked and the interview is still not up on SEN's website). As you probably know, his family remained in Perth and aren't leaving, so I can understand why he wouldn't want to commit to a coaching gig in Brisbane, however, if he was offered a decent amount of money, you'd have to look at it.

Harvey basically said he wants a back room role similar to that of Eade and even as far as a Balme / Connolly. Additionally, he said that if he couldn't acquire such a role that he would look for a footy role in Perth, which I presumed extended to even a role at a WAFL club.

Unfortunately he couldn't have been more insistent that he did not want to be a senior coach again citing his bitterness at his treatment at the hands of Freo and even ruled out Essendon for a year if they came knocking.

Was a kick in the guts b/c I have a lot of time and respect for the man and the boys seem to have really responded to him...such a shame.

The look in Brownys eyes when the camera panned onto him at games end said loud and clear he is playing next year.

The fact that we heard nothing of retirement from Black or Brown leaves me relatively optimistic we'll see both for one more season. I think they've got it in them. Will help the young core mature, will pad out our salary cap and then we can have a big thrust at one of the many free agents becoming available in 2014.

Still haven't changed my mind. Matthew Knights for me. Coaching Geelong in the VFL and sitting pretty on top of the ladder. Premiership coach last year and when you look at the players he drafted at Essendon, he his an astute judge of football talent. The other thing is that he wont cost us an arm and a leg. I also think he has the hunger and something to prove. I know I have mentioned him before, but he is worth keeping an eye on. I think he has another AFL tilt in him.

The answer has been staring us in the face all season. Appoint Jeff Gieshen Brisbane Lions Senior coach in a duel role with his current Umpires Advisor position. Every time one of his troops screws us over he get's to feel the frustration first hand. He needs do nothing more than maintain the momentum gifted him by Vossy and pull his goons in white/fluro green/yellow or orange into line and we win enough games to play Finals in 2014. Very simple really!!

Here's one from left field! Why not reinstate Vossy.

How about the Board acknowledge their error of judgement and give him 2 years.

Everyone on this Board knows there is no one out there worth pursuing. All those assistant coaches being mentioned are untried and with all due respect could potentially set our team back years.

Here's one from left field! Why not reinstate Vossy.

How about the Board acknowledge their error of judgement and give him 2 years.

Everyone on this Board knows there is no one out there worth pursuing. All those assistant coaches being mentioned are untried and with all due respect could potentially set our team back years.

..or Browny, he looked every inch the coach up there in the box today.

If we have to go for an untried coach, I would rather at least have one of our own....and who better!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..or Browny, he looked every in the coach up there in the box today.

If we have to go for an untried coach, I would rather at least have one of our own....and who better!

Yeah I go Browny as well hate to see a player not give 100% if he coach..
I say Eade myself out of who is left or Voss

Yeah I go Browny as well hate to see a player not give 100% if he coach..

Sorry to be a spoilsport but I'm a NO to Browny.

Absolutely NIL coaching experience

Sure, it's a romantic idea but so was catapulting Vossy into the job in 2009. Whether or not Vossy was the best candidate at the time is debate-able but surely the process itself was seriously flawed.

I don't want us to go down that path again.

Sorry to be a spoilsport but I'm a NO to Browny.

Absolutely NIL coaching experience

Sure, it's a romantic idea but so was catapulting Vossy into the job in 2009. Whether or not Vossy was the best candidate at the time is debate-able but surely the process itself was seriously flawed.

I don't want us to go down that path again.

Agree.

We'd have sacked Vossy only to (with respect to Browny) go down exactly the same path.

By what rough date do people think we need to have a coach appointed by?

I'd be guessing anytime AFTER the Grand final , potentially sooner based that searching and Scouting has been 3+ weeks in.

Here is hoping the Selection panel gets it right

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

I'd be guessing anytime AFTER the Grand final , potentially sooner based that searching and Scouting has been 3+ weeks in.

Here is hoping the Selection panel gets it right

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Richo said tonight that interviews begin Monday.

Roos is only coming back to coach for the money. 2 mil a year. We want a coach who wants to coach us, not just for a pay day. imo seing how our boys played today, and who they remind me of. We already had the right man for the job, and we ****** sacked him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's our Coach for 2014?

Back