Votes: 24 8.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane in: John Worsfold
West Coast in: Michael Voss

doitdoitdoitdoitdoit

West Coast get a man with energy and a point to prove. Brisbane get a guy who looks like he is suffering the physical effects of acute radiation poisoning.

One thing that's come out of this is that the word 'botched' is now in every article discussing the Brisbane Lions.

I took a lot of today's fan cast, listening to Dean Warren fills me with hope that we are really doing our due diligence on all available candidates and that we will in fact get the best candidate.

Waiting to September and (I might be reading to much into it) suggests that an assistant still involved in finals is there preference, if they really wanted Craig and they thought he was the man they could pull the trigger early.
I am more concerned about the names being thrown around that may want to leave IMO this could set us back if we don't get acceptable compensation.

Does anyone actually think Craig would be any good for us.

I don't have a problem. He may be good for us or he may not. Was Vossy good for us? Was Northey good for us? Was Merrett good for us? I just do not get how anyone can say that a specific coach will be good or even great for us until after they have achieved anything. The vast majority of coaches are failures. That's sporting life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worsfold has expressed that he doesn't have the passion to continue on.

Unless that is code for "I'm going to bash these blokes if I don't get out of here" then it seems that he's done with coaching for the moment.

That seems a serious decline from 3 weeks ago where he said he still has the fire. I'd wait to hear it from his mouth rather than from a club executive.

That seems a serious decline from 3 weeks ago where he said he still has the fire. I'd wait to hear it from his mouth rather than from a club executive.

I'm of this thinking but also it would be a very bad look if a senior coach starts talking about how he needs a break and lost the passion before the season has ended. One could argue the Eagles last three matches said as much anyway.

I think 3 weeks ago he was clinging by his nails to a job at the club he loves. Today I think he was told "thanks, but no thanks". He's done, and has looked done for months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's our Coach for 2014?

Back