Why all the 'Saint Hate'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: To all you muppets bleating about the saints win

need to get over it and get a fwd Dogs....and the only pathetic effort last night was Lakes stupid decision to do it - why would you??

LOL..why would you what exactly? Make physical contact in a game of AFL?
Lord...what is the world coming to! :rolleyes:

You've never watched a game of football before I take it? :confused:

The simple fact is that other teams' fans feel sorry for the Bulldogs. They inspire pity wheras Saints don't, even though their history is equally tragic. I'm not unhappy about this, we don't wish to be pitied. The use of the cute diminutive 'Doggies' as opposed to the tougher 'Bulldogs' or even 'Dogs' illustrates this.
People also make value judgements about certain Saints players, but Aker full of sh*t seems to escape criticism.
The whole deprived western suburbs thing too has endured, even though it's a bit outdated.
If there was a scale of 'virtue' in afl, then Bulldogs would be rated highly.

I like what your saying mostly, and totally agree with it.

But I can't let that slide. Aker speaks his mind in the media...

Milne
Montagna
Gardiner

No comparison. Not even close.

People also make value judgements about certain Saints players, but Aker full of sh*t seems to escape criticism.

Are you actually comparing Aker's outspoken nature with the dubious extra curricular antics for which Stephen Milne is well known?

FFS!, I would rather have the entire football community hating us right now, than be the pitied Prelim final loser for the 5th time of the in my life. That said, go the saints this week, will be backing you all the way to the flag. It's time !

Never hated the Saints until the day I joined bigfooty and seeing the posts made by the feral st kilda supporters here.

Go the Cats!

Re: To all you muppets bleating about the saints win

I think Riewoldt should be treated like Buddy Franklin is by the Umpires.

Then maybe you would understand.

If Lake had done to Buddy what he did to Riewoldt, it would have not even raised an eyebrow.

So suck up the oh he deserved the free kick BS, Buddy cops more week in and out than Riewoldt ever does. As do other players, because Riewoldt actually gets free kicks, several other key forwards don't.

Of course if Geelong make the Grand Final, Riewoldt won't be given as many free kicks. You'll be whinging then.

**** off with that shit AJ

Riewoldt gets mauled on a weekly basis

He gets one soft free kick and suddenly hes the umpires favourite?

Bull shit

Ah yes the year of The Streak. A team built on several top draft picks that fell in a heap. Saints supporters tend to stay quiet most of the time because their team is shit then turn into ****heads when their team has an occasional good year.

Wow, selective memory or idiocy? What about the vomit-inducing behaviour of Cat fans - on here and in real life - after the flag in 2007. Hypocrite board...

1. I can't think of a single Saints player I like. I have lots of soft spots for many players of other teams but I got no love for any particular Saint player

2. The ongoing Butters/Thomas fight thing was tedious beyond words. Good thing the new board learned a lesson and STFU

3. Thomas goes on and on and on about the Saints in the media - boring windbag.

4. Everyone knows that Melbourne is a city divided into North of the River and South of the River. Everyone North of the River thinks everyone South of the River is a pretentious, monied up, labrador owning, 4 wheel driving fake tanned git. And the Saints are the team that represent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't have much time for them before it , but the way they carried on after the "Siren-gate" game killed it for me.

Would you have prefered if our coach stormed onto the ground, we chucked a hissy fit from the president down and even got the Premier to sook on our behalf?

Nah, that would have just been embarrassing.

If posts made by feral supporters on BF makes you hate a tem, why do you still follow Carlton? :confused:
If posts made by feral supporters on BF made you hate a team, you'd hate just about every team in the AFL. :p

There is just something about Milne (alleged incident aside) that is unsavoury. I am sure I have always disliked him. But then I dislike all those scabby forward pocket type (ref. one D.Bewick). But I dont think I hate him any more than the Bewicks

I have never liked them but the passionate dislike has Intensified because of the smug and unsmiling coach...
I hope they get pumped so I can see Ross Lyons face

Would you have prefered if our coach stormed onto the ground, we chucked a hissy fit from the president down and even got the Premier to sook on our behalf?

Nah, that would have just been embarrassing.

What would you do if you just won the game an they played an extra minute to change the result? I was going to accept whatever decision the AFL made during the week and just accept it as a stuff up but the way St Kilda and their fans carried on was pathetic. :eek:

I was going to accept whatever decision the AFL made during the week and just accept it as a stuff up but the way St Kilda and their fans carried on was pathetic. :eek:

Yeah . . . sure you were. :D

What on earth did St Kilda do other than insist the AFL should stick to their rules?

I know it's a hard concept for supporters of franchises to understand but those of us that are old school sort of think it's an important principle.

HBench
Deadly.

St Kilda
WTA
Location: Côte d'Ivoire Re: anyone else glad Adelaide are out?
Im glad Adelaide are out so Collingwood are in. They're a better chance to knock off the cats. Collingwood severely undermanned, 38 pts down and still win it. Didn't understand the hype about the crows, yeah so they smashed Essendon and Carlton at AAMI. Two of the worst defensive units in teh league. They came up against the top 4, and failed miserably time and time again. Straight up pretenders.

Always liked St Kilda working class area ,known hard times and had some real champs play for them.

Some of their supporters of late though have short memories!
"Failed miserably time and time again. Straight up pretenders."
Who are we talking about here?
Yes you've had a great season this year and the best two teams all year are in the final.
Good luck I looking forward to the game,should be a great contest.

I have never liked them, not sure why. Even now, I can't even think of one player on their team that I like. Usually when a team has had little success you would be a little glad for their supporters who have suffered, I would have been pretty happy for the bulldogs had they gone on to win it, but St Kilda..nah.
I know quite a few Saints supporters that are, well,****heads and frankly, I want to see them cry.*

Apart from that, I don't mind Geelong, so I want them to win.

* In saying that, St Kilda have been outstanding this year and should they win the flag, they would be fully deserving.

because they cannot accept the fact that the Saints are one of the greatest sides ever to play out a season, rivaling Essendons 2000 year.

Get your hand off it.

Saints 2009 don't even rival Carlton's 1995 season, let alone Essendon's 2000.

And you have no idea how painful it is for me to acknowledge the 2000 season. That still stings me a bit, I have to go watch the '99 prelim again to get that bombers side out of my head.

Same reason why people hated the Swans, or West Coast or Brisbane or Essendon or Port Adelaide.

It's not a new phenomenon.

Bingo.:thumbsu:

I hated Port in 2004 with a passion, Geelong last couple years, Hawks 2008 and even loathed the Swans in 2005 when I was screaming for West Coast to win because Swans knocked us out week before.:D

Can't believe I will ever see the day that I loathe a club like Fremantle or Richmond.:rolleyes:

People hate the team on top who keeps winning. Can you blame Saints fans for being confident after the year we have had. Plus we have stolen a few cut throat games that have really peeved off supporters from teams like Carlton and Dogs.

And those who say we were celebrating like we had won a GF is a reason to dislike us is pathetic coming mostly from Essendon supporters after Anzac day. I would be bloody happy to make a GF after a tight win like friday night and alot of it was relief. Reminded me of Geelongs celebrations in 2007 pre-lim.

I would get pretty sick of a team that only lost twice all year as an opposition fan. The whole Milne thing is not a good enough reason to hate a whole team for mine. I can see why he drives other fans insane but we love him and thats all that matters to us Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why all the 'Saint Hate'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back