Why all the 'Saint Hate'?

Remove this Banner Ad

when did I say I didn't see arrogance in other clubs?

I guess the only point in rebutle to your opinion that you deserve to gloat, is that in reality you have nothing to gloat about... yet.

More than the Camry Crows.

Working off this year we have the gloating rights over, Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North, Port, Richmond, Sydney, Eagles, And The Dogs, Because we're still alive and they are not.

Its only a BF thing. In the real world St. Kilda are many peoples 2nd club.

On BF there is a history of whinging in defeat rather than grace.

I hope they win for a couple of good mates but as usual BF will be unbearable.

Although I tend to dislike supporters of the Unlisted FC.

Huge match last night, both teams exhausted, can St Kilda comeback from last night?

Enjoyed watching the Saints play this year, don't mind them, but they have a few players nearly everyone dislikes including Milne, Baker, Kosi. I think their coach is a bit of a wank, but he's done extremely well with them. He's a very good coach.

I'd much rather St Kilda win than Collingwood or Geelong, mainly because they haven't won a flag for a long time and have only ever won one. It would be good for their long term supporters. Saying this St Kilda's young bred of supporters are quite annoying, so many 15 year olds on here without a clue.

Its only a BF thing. In the real world St. Kilda are many peoples 2nd club.

On BF there is a history of whinging in defeat rather than grace.

I hope they win for a couple of good mates but as usual BF will be unbearable.

Although I tend to dislike supporters of the Unlisted FC.

Quite right - it's my turn this year.;)

reasons i dont like them
Riewoldt - idk y
their fans - arrogant
tanking - Goddard, Riewoldt, Koschitzke
gameplan - boring

reasons i like them
Milne - just adds that little bit of spice and entertainment :D

negatives outweigh the positives so i dislike them

I think we're all united in not wanting to see Milne with a Premiership Medal

If the Saints win next week, expect to see the TV ratings drop dramatically before that little flog collects his medal. Good footballer, but is there a more shite bloke on any list anywhere in the AFL?

I don't have Saint Hate but I don't like their club and the way they do things. Their management and their culture. They are under achievers - despite concessions and draft picks of amazing talent. The way they are touted by the media, but the have had no success for a very long time. People like Robert Walls fawning all over them. Their appalling treatment of Malcolm Blight - replacing him with that joke of a coach - Grant Thomas and probably most importantly Stephen Milne has THE most punchable head in footy!!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Stephen Milne
2) Leigh Montagna
3) Michael Gardiner
4) Steven Baker
5) Adam Schneider
6)Nick Riewoldt crying (also diving last night)
7) The Winning Streak DVD
8) Ross Lyon (the player)
9) Jim O'Dea
10) Their fans thinking they had the flag won at round 16
11) That they think they are a 'bigger' club than clubs like Bulldogs, Richmond and Melbourne.
12)Their fans in general (Jim O'Dea banner, comments after the game)

Highlighted for emphasis.
MILNE/ MONTAGNE were mine, but the rest are also appropriate!

the 3 most stuck up sides in the afl are left. one will go tonight. i guess i got to go for the least stuck up side in my eyes and thats saints. only because its been so long since they last won a flag and i can`t stand collingwood or geelong.

Re: To all you muppets bleating about the saints win

Also, the bleating about the umpiring is more garbage.

Take a look at the replay and see how many times rewioldt got illegally shepared out of the marking contest without getting a free kick (about 4 or 5 times).

I think Riewoldt should be treated like Buddy Franklin is by the Umpires.

Then maybe you would understand.

If Lake had done to Buddy what he did to Riewoldt, it would have not even raised an eyebrow.

So suck up the oh he deserved the free kick BS, Buddy cops more week in and out than Riewoldt ever does. As do other players, because Riewoldt actually gets free kicks, several other key forwards don't.

Of course if Geelong make the Grand Final, Riewoldt won't be given as many free kicks. You'll be whinging then.

I think Riewoldt should be treated like Buddy Franklin is by the Umpires.

Then maybe you would understand.

If Lake had done to Buddy what he did to Riewoldt, it would have not even raised an eyebrow.

So suck up the oh he deserved the free kick BS, Buddy cops more week in and out than Riewoldt ever does. As do other players, because Riewoldt actually gets free kicks, several other key forwards don't.

Of course if Geelong make the Grand Final, Riewoldt won't be given as many free kicks. You'll be whinging then.

Maybe.....but Riewoldt is a better player and always will be.

:D:thumbsu:

reasons i dont like them
Riewoldt - idk y
their fans - arrogant
tanking - Goddard, Riewoldt, Koschitzke
gameplan - boring

reasons i like them
Milne - just adds that little bit of spice and entertainment :D

negatives outweigh the positives so i dislike them

Your coach copied the game plan, so if you think it's boring.....

Then Adelaide's game plan is boring, yes?

Maybe.....but Riewoldt is a better player and always will be.

:D:thumbsu:

Sorry mate you are wrong...

Nick is the AFL poster boy.. Need to protect the poster boy or else he might cry!

Had a great game last night but was pathetic with the dive..

need to get over it and get a fwd Dogs....and the only pathetic effort last night was Lakes stupid decision to do it - why would you??

The question isn't about the result last night, it's about the saints hate...

No one has to love us, except us (shrugs)

Your coach copied the game plan, so if you think it's boring.....

Then Adelaide's game plan is boring, yes?
Adelaide attack with rebound off defence caused by opposition **** ups
St Kilda attack from turnovers caused by pressure
Adelaide defend with a zone
St Kilda defend with a man-on-man gameplan

now, piss off to the TAC Cup board (sorry mods for being mean, but this guy has NFI what he's talking about)

The simple fact is that other teams' fans feel sorry for the Bulldogs. They inspire pity wheras Saints don't, even though their history is equally tragic. I'm not unhappy about this, we don't wish to be pitied. The use of the cute diminutive 'Doggies' as opposed to the tougher 'Bulldogs' or even 'Dogs' illustrates this.
People also make value judgements about certain Saints players, but Aker full of sh*t seems to escape criticism.
The whole deprived western suburbs thing too has endured, even though it's a bit outdated.
If there was a scale of 'virtue' in afl, then Bulldogs would be rated highly.

I think the bukkdigs just have a lot of fans from people whose teams are out of the finals, they're a well respected team. Personally i like the saints because my dad goes for them i've always liked them .. but i like the doggies too.

Ah yes, the bukkdigs, good team. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Why all the 'Saint Hate'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back