Why all the 'Saint Hate'?

Remove this Banner Ad

You were 5 years old when Lyon retired as a player. Smacks of hearsay to me.

Let me break it down for you

1) Video - I've watched the 1990 GF more times than I can remember for example
2) I remember hating Greg Williams and loving Michael Christian... what year was that?
3) Heresay doesn't make facts incorrect ... I know about Jim O'Dea; but I wasn't there. I was brought up to hate St Kilda because of it.

The O'Dea stain is one that just doesn't wash out, despicable act, never apologised, the club has to wear that.

At least you don't deny that you are tasting the sweet fruits of tankdom.

Unlike, say, Geelong. Why don't you look up our highest draft pick currently playing as a homework assignment?

I never said anything of the sort. We were rubbish from 2000 - 2002. Not tanking just rubbish. But a Bulldogs supporter was carrying on as if they never had a high draft pick.

Maybe you can do some homework on all our father son picks.

The O'Dea stain is one that just doesn't wash out, despicable act, never apologised, the club has to wear that.

How about some of you wearing it out for this?
majwinmar_narrowweb__300x649,0.jpg
1993-04-20%20April%20Nicky%20Winmar%20v%20racist%20Collingwood%20550.JPG

There is a massive difference between passion and arrogance.

The funny thing is I bet there are people equally as "passionate" about their club but you would label them something derogatory in return.

Actually, I never violently attack Clubs unprovoked for the purpose of Trolling, I respond to idiocy. And you can go suck it if you think that we don't deserve to have as much say as anyone else, we're into the Grand Final, and every saints fan deserves to be able to gloat as much as any Pies fan Hawks fan any club at the moment. If you can only see arrogance in US and no one else, then you are blind to BF

How about some of you wearing it out for this?
majwinmar_narrowweb__300x649,0.jpg

That actually had a positive outcome eventually because Monkhorst had the decency to apologise publically for a racist slur, everyone learnt a lesson, especially our club which didn't have a great record in that department and awareness of a problem was elevated.

I hope you are not comparing that with the despicable back alley way O'Dea handled his disgrace.

Inducted him into the Hall of Fame in 2003. So don't try the St Kilda are a different club from the 70's.

You can hide behind champions like Riewoldt and Hayes, but underneath its still the same.

Actually, I never violently attack Clubs unprovoked for the purpose of Trolling, I respond to idiocy. And you can go suck it if you think that we don't deserve to have as much say as anyone else, we're into the Grand Final, and every saints fan deserves to be able to gloat as much as any Pies fan Hawks fan any club at the moment. If you can only see arrogance in US and no one else, then you are blind to BF

when did I say I didn't see arrogance in other clubs?

I guess the only point in rebutle to your opinion that you deserve to gloat, is that in reality you have nothing to gloat about... yet.

I think the bukkdigs just have a lot of fans from people whose teams are out of the finals, they're a well respected team. Personally i like the saints because my dad goes for them i've always liked them .. but i like the doggies too.

Whatever team you support,the supporters of 15 other teams wont like them.

While this becomes more obvious when you're successful, it is not an indication of your team being singled out.

While people/events can be pointed to, similar 'reasons' can be found for any other club.

That you notice it more when it's directed at your club doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other clubs.

Very well said! If only everyone had such sense...

It's just jealousy, and it's pathetic really. Saints are having a great year, they're in a GF, and could possibly win the flag .. and as usual most of the idiots on this forum can't handle it out of petty jealousy.

I love the accusation from opposition supporters of arrogance, when we all know that if their teams were in the same position, they'd be unbearable.

No hatred here for the Saints, I hope they go all the way :thumbsu:

It's something that's slowly built up over the years, it started with my hatred of Lockett when he played for them, the '05 prelim was probably where most of it stems from though. Their supporters acted like they had a GF appearance in the bag in the week leading up to the PF and they acted like arrogant ***** throughout the entire game. The coaching panel were just as arrogant in resting Hammil.

You'd think giving them a pantsing in the final quarter when they were oh, so close to their dream and then going on to win "their" premiership would have been enough for me, but it wasn't, I still hate them with a passion and hope and pray that they will be humiliated on the big stage next weekend (even if it means supporting the pies:(). With the exception of Lenny Hayes, Schneider, Dempster and Ross Lyon I also hate just about everyone associated with the club.

I think my case is different to most though. You find every year on Bigfooty that the top performing team are turned on by the masses. I was happy for both Geelong and Hawthorn to take out the last two flags despite a few arrogant knobs on BF. The saints are a different kettle of fish though... Scum team, scum supporters.

Inducted him into the Hall of Fame in 2003. So don't try the St Kilda are a different club from the 70's.
haha

tell me when you find Jim O'Dea on this list:
http://www.saints.com.au/players/tabid/5392/category/hall of fame/season/2009/default.aspx

I'll give you a clue HE'S NOT THERE BECAUSE WE NEVER INDUCTED HIM INTO OUR HALL OF FAME.

Anyway carry on with the tall poppy syndrome everyone. Most of my life people wouldn't give two shits about the Saints, let alone hate them. Now we're good and suddenly the jealous hatred is palpable. I love it :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's something that's slowly built up over the years, it started with my hatred of Lockett when he played for them, the '05 prelim was probably where most of it stems from though. Their supporters acted like they had a GF appearance in the bag in the week leading up to the PF and they acted like arrogant ***** throughout the entire game. The coaching panel were just as arrogant in resting Hammil.

You'd think giving them a pantsing in the final quarter when they were oh, so close to their dream and then going on to win "their" premiership would have been enough for me, but it wasn't, I still hate them with a passion and hope and pray that they will be humiliated on the big stage next weekend (even if it means supporting the pies:(). With the exception of Lenny Hayes, Schneider, Dempster and Ross Lyon I also hate just about everyone associated with the club.

I think my case is different to most though. You find every year on Bigfooty that the top performing team are turned on by the masses. I was happy for both Geelong and Hawthorn to take out the last two flags despite a few arrogant knobs on BF. The saints are a different kettle of fish though... Scum team, scum supporters.

Totally true. It's not jealousy. I would love Geelong to win it (if they beat us tonight). I would also have loved WB to win it. In fact almost every other team except Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton.

I hated St Kilda before this year and I will hate St Kilda after this year. I hate everything about St Kilda with the exception of Lenny Hayes and NDS. And King.

That is one of the great posts and sums my feelings up

Why is everyone so anti-Saints this year?

I can understand the Collingwood and Geelong fans having little tantrums that the Saints got up last night - they're shiit scared and are bitter cause they both thought they had the Dogs' measure.

But why everyone else?

Even Gary Lyon was slapping the desk in excitement last night when the Dogs kicked a goal. When he thought they were home, he started giggling like a giddy school girl.

Why is it so?

Is it jealousy?
If the Saints get up next week, they knock all bar one teams off for the unofficial title of Best Team Ever.

Is it the ugly duckling syndrome?
You know, the ugly kid that isn't a threat so everyone warms to them, but then they hit puberty and start getting all the chicks and suddenly everyone wants to bash them?

The underdog now the top dog?

Are Saints fans arrogant so everyone else hates their club in retaliation?

It's fascinating to watch. Throughout the year it has snowballed.

Now I'm reading they were lucky last night!!!! Lucky to win a Prelim final by 2 kicks against a side that they've now beaten 3 times over the year.

I guess it'll be even funnier it the Pies get up tonight. Who the hell are the footy public gonna barrack for then??!!!

some saints fan, including me, have been having a bit of fun this year. last year it was the cats fans and the hawks fans everyone was chipping at.

<shrug> if the saints lose this year, it will be unbearable :D although i suspect more than a few will take a holiday from the forum if the pies snaffle the flag :D

You can hide behind champions like Riewoldt and Hayes, but underneath its still the same.
Actually, I think you will find he was nominated, but not inducted.

Is it the ugly duckling syndrome?
You know, the ugly kid that isn't a threat so everyone warms to them, but then they hit puberty and start getting all the chicks and suddenly everyone wants to bash them?

That ugly kid took took a hell of a long time to hit puberty.

Geelong has had everybody on there back all year, when a good team looks to be stumbling a bit, it gives those who have been looking for a reason to critisize all year a chance to.

Why all the Saint hate? Maybe because of flogs like this:

The saints last night had a training drill, no more. The doggies played brilliantly but there best is still vastly short of the best team of the modern era.

Next will be another training drill. Geelong and Collingwood are just making up the numbers! Maybe if you merged both teams we might actually have a contest.... Shame you guys can't!

SUCK IT UP SUNSHINE! :)

.... and Milne is hated cos he is so good, he's a STAR!

Why all the Saint hate? Maybe because of flogs like this:
You don't reckon every team has fans who are flogs mate? Ever read a post by Pussies07flag or geelongcrazy or whatever those ********s were called?

That's the thing I don't understand with the people in here saying the hate the Saints because the supporters are arrogant. Sure we have some arrogant supporters, but that doesn't make the supporter base arrogant. If anything I would have thought a whole we were pessimistic due to our poor history. If you'd bother reading the Saints board all year, no ones actually getting ahead of themselves.

Re: To all you muppets bleating about the saints win

If there was any justice he would have been given 10 consecutive free kicks on the goal line and then been chaired off by the umpires and Andrew Demetriou. As it is he fought against amazing odds to fall over at a strategic moment and then later to kick a non-goal to seal the game. What a god he is.

Yes its about time someone else gets the same treament as GablettJr.

Roo is a champion of the game so if you are dishing it out then expect something in return ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why all the 'Saint Hate'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back