Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'Tippett thing'...that was before 'the Essendon thing', of which there are no execs left, and the CEO at the time has now been sacked from his 2nd club...
Still part of the catalogue of shitty decisions.

Definately didn't happen. You realise cameron attended the best and fairest as did danger the year he left. Lever and his camp have brought it on themselves with their unprofessional handling of matters, including breaking team and possible contract rules. The rubbish leaks (such as our opening offer being lower than what he's currently on) have come from his side, BT hasn't helped at all.
Where has Lever acted in an unprofessional manner? if the leadership group ask for a best 22 player to be sat out of the finals series, then the unprofessionalism was initiated by the leadership group. Are you suggesting that it is unprofessional to request a trade?

Either way, Adelaide clearly have a player retention issue and a possible explanation for that is what seems to be a hostile environment. You have to ask yourself why those players don't want to win a premiership with your group of players. Why they would rather seek it elsewhere. Compare that to Port and it is fairly telling.

There was a stark difference between Adelaide and Richmond pre-grand final. Richmond seem to have built an open and relaxed environment whereas Adelaide didn't have that vibe. That can be attributed to your leadership group. Look at the treatment of Martin at Richmond before he signed. They were pretty open about it all.

Just an observation I've made throughout the year, but Adelaide need to address this before it gets out of hand. Brisbane had a similar thing and they changed the leadership group after the "go home" players left.

Announcing your intention to seek a trade via a tv interview 2 days after losing a grand final doesn't scream professionalism to me
I'm not sure we should be trusting anything said on the topic by the person who said he's going to piss in water bombs and throw them at lever.

Ah yes because that last post was complete fabrication
It's more the sum of your contributions

Although it was basically fabrication because you quoted a post, deleted his entire discussion and answered a question that he had already discussed.

You have a strange over the top emotional attachment to this topic. You're getting to AFP watch list in Case you go all mark david chapman

Where has Lever acted in an unprofessional manner? if the leadership group ask for a best 22 player to be sat out of the finals series, then the unprofessionalism was initiated by the leadership group. Are you suggesting that it is unprofessional to request a trade?
No where has it been confirmed that lever was asked not to play.
The stark differences between Richmond and adelaide can be attributed to Martin giving them a massive boost by signing on the eve of finals contrast that to lever saying I’ve not met with Melbourne it’s not about money. And then the long them he wants to go for family reasons and has accepted a 4 year deal with Melbourne.
Their camp have spread rumors about being lowballed with the first offer (less than he’s currently on) whinged about being left out of the best and fairest top 10 (he missed 5 games) had BT be their mouth piece all year, Allan was in the rooms pre grand final bad mouthing the club.
He then also set up an interview to announce he was going for family reasons, well if that’s the case why will you only deal with MFC and not any Victorian team?
He also did not tell the players his intentions to leave at a bbq they had rather did it a few days after via phone.
Met with Melbourne mid year and completely denied it, interesting his Dad said yesterday that jake has done everything right over the last 12 weeks, interesting time frame he picked, yesterday was 12 weeks to the day we played Melbourne in Darwin where he allegedly met with Melbourne.
He was not banned from the best and fairest he was advised that it was probably best not to attend.

It was against team rules. He’s still a contracted player.
He states it’s all about family, so why will he only deal with MFC surely he just wants to get home, surely you go somewhere with the best chance to get you home?
So in no way then, it just gave the crows something else to cry about

I lived there and played junior footy at PNU. Won a couple flags as a kid and let me tell you. Adelaide is a shit hole.

Good old PNU.
Played all my junior footy there and over 100 games of seniors (mostly B grade)

Adelaide is far from a shithole though. I've lived in other cities and I prefer it here.
Unless you're after the coke hookers and nightclub lifestyle, its a great place.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't Crows have a pay scale that it is stringent on and partly why it is losing their best players, iirc 700k-ish is what your teir 1 players get and flows down from there? Iirc there was some horn blowing from the crows in this regard of keeping their cap managment under tight screws and finishing top.

So Danger says family but really its family and an extra 150k pa, Davis left and was paid more, Bock paid more, Tippett a lot more, Cameron likely to get a large increase...

Crows generally have a fit in or F$#k off policy when it comes to paying overs.

Danger got offered less to play for Geelong mate. YOur facts are largely incorrect.

GC paid bock like 800k, he played like 30 games from there.
GWS paid davis 800k+ after 20 games. How does anyone match that. Thats like Tom Boyd kinda contract which everyone is laughing about now.
Cameron isnt going for money at all...completely for family reasons.
Tippett is now plaing NEAFL

So which of these were actually bad decisions?
You can say "look at all these players they've lost" but which ones of them would have actually been worth keeping?

If it's true Tex didn't want him playing in the GF, then he has every right to do the interview, maybe he should have done it before the GF though.

Ive heard rumours from reliable sources about a physical altercation between Tex and Lever, and this is the reason he has been shunned so heavily.

If it's true Tex didn't want him playing in the GF, then he has every right to do the interview, maybe he should have done it before the GF though.

Id be worried more about your club mate.
Lever is already upsetting the apple cart. Watts gone and now Hogan wants to leave due to poor treatment of Watts.

BTW Bernie is still good mates with all the crows players so all his Melb teammates will hear all about Lever and his behaviour.

IF

IF IF IF

So much innuendo leaked to the media outlets... they are all lining up to take pot shots at Adelaide - We are becoming feared and the media hate it
Yeah if, that's what i said.
All this leaked stuff, is that where all your info is coming from also, you seem to have a lot?
Haven't seen you back up any of it though.

Agree with this.

All well and good for Adelaide to try to chase players but when they have players looking to exist they sook it up.

The fact Lever has now been advised not to attend tonight is an absolute disgrace and downright petulant
We let him play in the GF. Was more than he deserved.

Id be worried more about your club mate.
Lever is already upsetting the apple cart. Watts gone and now Hogan wants to leave due to poor treatment of Watts.

BTW Bernie is still good mates with all the crows players so all his Melb teammates will hear all about Lever and his behaviour.
What's Lever got to do with my club?
And Watts, Hogan, wtf have they got to do with it?

So breaking team rules insnt unprofessional then? Lol he’ll fit in well then.
Lets take for granted that was a team rule which seems highly unlikely, he was announcing he was leaving so I'm not sure it has any relevance, and I'm sure he'll fit in fine it will have to be a relief to get away from all the childish petty behaviour at Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back