Why do Cats chumps think 3/5 is better than 3 in a row?

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Bay 13 post by another alias.

Why are people unwilling to troll under their own BigFooty name?

I'm tipping that Doc Brown is never seen on the Hawthorn Board, but gets some weird sense of satisfaction taking on a Hawthorn identity to troll Geelong.

Very strange.

You can measure from 1901 as far as I'm concerned, Brisbane are still the best - Geelong could only perform in grand finals against some of the worst opposition going around.

How is it Geelongs fault that the second best teams in 2007, 2009 and 2011 were all the "worst opposition" going around? So why then didn't Hawthorn at least participate in those Grand Finals? Gee whiz they must be bad. See how silly that sounds? That's what your argument sounds like to me.

Brisbane played Collingwood twice due to the Power choking it up. I don't see you downplaying Brisbanes flags against some of "the worst opposition going around".

If a Brisbane supporter started this thread, then fair game. We can have a comparative discussion. A bitter, nostalgic supporter of a fly by night team that has achieved nothing of consequence since 2008 doesnt get this privilege im afraid.

Winners are grinners champ

I'm tipping that Doc Brown is never seen on the Hawthorn Board, but gets someone weird sense of satisfaction taking on a Hawthorn identity to troll Geelong.

Very strange.

I read the Hawks board, I just don't post on it - same with the other team boards and the main board, I find it all to be a big circle jerk.

On Bay13 I can reply without constraint to the imbeciles on this site, such as yourself.

How is it Geelongs fault that the second best teams in 2007, 2009 and 2011 were all the "worst opposition" going around? So why then didn't Hawthorn at least participate in those Grand Finals? Gee whiz they must be bad. See how silly that sounds? That's what your argument sounds like to me.

Brisbane played Collingwood twice due to the Power choking it up. I don't see you downplaying Brisbanes flags against some of "the worst opposition going around".

If a Brisbane supporter started this thread, then fair game. We can have a comparative discussion. A bitter, nostalgic supporter of a fly by night team that has achieved nothing of consequence since 2008 doesnt get this privilege im afraid.

Winners are grinners champ

Then why are you crying? :eek:

Yes, the 4 team league that Collingwood won theirs in is really reputable. :eek:

Good point. We won a premiership in a seventeen team league, which Brisbane never did.

For a five year period of dominance (2007-2011 compared to 2000-2004), it's close, due to our superior win-loss record (Brisbane never finished on top of the ladder) and Brisbane's relatively mediocre 2000 season, but you'd probably still give them the edge, based on their three straight flags. But, if Geelong wins the premiership next year, then that achievement eclipses what the Lions did, in my opinion. Geelong may not be done winning premierships.

Seriously though, please find a Geelong supporter who has said our 3/5 is better than Brisbane's 3/3, otherwise we can probably close this thread, eh?

Who said it was better..? :confused:
Decade_Dominace_DVDLGE.jpg

I'm tipping that Doc Brown is never seen on the Hawthorn Board, but gets someone weird sense of satisfaction taking on a Hawthorn identity to troll Geelong.

Very strange.

I guess he thinks he's living the dream... hahaha

Brisbane are still the best - Geelong could only perform in grand finals against some of the worst opposition going around.

Not to talk down Brisbane, but...

B: 26 Ben Johnson 14 Shane Wakelin 8 James Clement
HB: 15 Carl Steinfort 35 Simon Prestigiacomo 37 Ryan Lonie
C: 11 Shane O'Bree 5 Nathan Buckley (c) 9 Glenn Freeborn
HF: 1 Leon Davis 23 Anthony Rocca 19 Nick Davis
F: 10 Rupert Betheras 20 Chris Tarrant 25 Josh Fraser
Foll: 12 Steven McKee 17 Scott Burns 18 Paul Licuria
Int: 24 Tarkyn Lockyer 29 Heath Scotland 7 Jarrod Molloy
4 Alan Didak

B: 26 Ben Johnson 14 Shane Wakelin 8 James Clement
HB: 39 Matthew Lokan 35 Simon Prestigiacomo 13 Richard Cole
C: 6 Brodie Holland 5 Nathan Buckley (c) 37 Ryan Lonie
HF: 11 Shane O'Bree 34 Jason Cloke 17 Scott Burns
F: 28 Ben Kinnear 38 Tristen Walker 20 Chris Tarrant
Foll: 25 Josh Fraser 2 Shane Woewodin 18 Paul Licuria
Int: 4 Alan Didak 29 Heath Scotland 22 Rhyce Shaw
1 Leon Davis

You beat the opponent who is good enough to make it.

Ridiculous DVD, for a number of reasons. No argument here. Having said that, it's hard to argue that Geelong is currently enjoying a more sustained period of excellence than anything Brisbane was able to manage.

No, it's just that Brisbane's preliminary and grand final failures are forgotten and dismissed, while Geelong's are counted as part of the 'dynasty'.

As such Brisbane's equivalent reign would be from 1999-2004

3 flags in a row to Geelong's 1
6 finals series in a row to Geelong's 5
4 GFs in a row to Geelong's 3

And so forth.

Seems clear that Brisbane's 'sustained period of excellence' has lasted longer.

Hey Doc if your after some attention go find Fevola and have a drink Geelong are the best no idea why you even started this one.Think u might have a bit of the Kath & Kim's about u look at me look at me.Ya stooge

No, it's just that Brisbane's preliminary and grand final failures are forgotten and dismissed, while Geelong's are counted as part of the 'dynasty'.

Which five year period are you going with, then? Your choices would be 2000-2004 or 2001-2005. In 2005, they missed the finals altogether. In 2000 they finished 12-10 and were beaten by a lazy fourteen goals by Carlton in the semi final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read the Hawks board, I just don't post on it - same with the other team boards and the main board, I find it all to be a big circle jerk.

On Bay13 I can reply without constraint to the imbeciles on this site, such as yourself.

Then why are you crying? :eek:

No tears here big fella. As I said, winners are grinners. Winners are grinners :D

Perhaps you should try to channel some of your bitterness, envy and disillusionment with your teams form post-2008 in more constructive ways. I think it will benefit you in the long run

If your were to get the Brisbane Best 22 from 01-04 and Geelong Best 22 from 07-11, then I'd actually say it's Geelong! They both play totally different brands of footy, but Geelong midfield of Ablett Bartel Corey Kelly Selwood Ling as all star midfield. Black Power Lappin Voss Ackermanis are also good, but Geelong ones just in front. Brisbane Forward line however of Brown Lynch and Bradshaw is far better then Geelong forward line, but Geelong current back 6 is probably better then Brisbane Back 6 from 01-04. So if they were to both play right now, I'd back Geelong. There I said it! lol

PS: Joel Corey Is an absolute gun player! My favorite AFL player in the league. Would he be in your top50 players of all time? 220+ Games 3 Premierships 2 B&F 3 time AA Runner Up in the B&F. Amazing Career. :thumbsu:

Hey Doc if your after some attention go find Fevola and have a drink Geelong are the best no idea why you even started this one.Think u might have a bit of the Kath & Kim's about u look at me look at me.Ya stooge

I have a sneaking suspicion that your parents are related...

As such Brisbane's equivalent reign would be from 1999-2004

3 flags in a row to Geelong's 1
6 finals series in a row to Geelong's 5
4 GFs in a row to Geelong's 3

And so forth.

Seems clear that Brisbane's 'sustained period of excellence' has lasted longer.

QFT bitches. :thumbsu:

Firstly - 3 out of 5 is an amazing achievement, well done Handbaggers, your boyfriends must be proud. :thumbsu:

But seriously, the Brisbane team of 01-03 are the greatest team of all time.

When Handbaggers try to rationalize that 3/5 means that they were great over a longer period I can't help but be embarrassed for them. It's like their trying to make a poor excuse as to why their team didn't have the heart or ability to back it up in consecutive years like Brissie.

If the Hawks win the 2012 flag, I'll crap on about how they will be up there with Brisbane coz it shows greater consistency to back it up from 2008. :eek:

Brisbane 01-03 > Hawks 80's > Cats 07-11.

And WE'RE obsessed with Hawthorn??!!!

You beat the opponent who is good enough to make it.

Geelong (who had many of their players circa 07 - 11) were unable to defeat Brisbane in a finals match. Only P.A & the Collingwood side you referenced were able to achieve that feat.

As for the OP, you can only be called a great side if you win back to back flags, that automatically rules out Geelong. To be the greatest side in the history of this competition, you have to win more than 4 flags in a row.

Geelong (who had many of their players circa 07 - 11) were unable to defeat Brisbane in a finals match. Only P.A & the Collingwood side you referenced were able to achieve that feat.

I'm overwhelmed by the relevance. Most of that Brisbane dynasty was part of the side that won the wooden spoon in 1998. Most of the Geelong players 'circa 07 - 11 who were playing in that game were still on their p plates.

As a Collingwood supporter, who do you think is the best team, out of the 2002/2003/2011 grand final sides?

So, you're banking on Geelong missing the finals this year? Premiership teams don't miss the finals the next year, for crying out loud. That's absurd. Has that ever happened since they brought in the final eight?

You can always tell when that the tears are setting in when Geelong supporters take this angle. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do Cats chumps think 3/5 is better than 3 in a row?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back