Why do I bother supporting Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Hawk said:
Have you quite finished? I've never seen one person write so much dribble, post after post. Why can't Richmond fans realise they are NOT the role model of tha AFL. They seem to think everyone else wants to be like Richmond. They get a dud coach like Wallace and think they are headed for the stars. Just try making the top 8 more than once in a decade and maybe we might take some notice of you. Until then, Richmond are irrelevant.

As Richmond will spend the next 2-3 hovering arounf 9th -11th, we'll give you a wave on the way to the finals.

dud caoch like wallace? hmm, thats a stupid comment. i dont think we are "heading for the stars", but im at least proud that we aren't limiting our success to 5 years over a 10year period. one priority pick every 3-4years should be enough for a club to rebuild, thats all im saying. i think its wrong to exploit the system so you can bleed the most possible out of it - i bet you are the same ppl who critised stkilda for doing the same about 6years back?

not much pride in bottoming out in a deliberate way, to ensure you get the most outside help possible? i just thought hawthorn, with is proud and successful past wouldnt feel the need to do this so dramatically

astro_toby said:
not much pride in bottoming out in a deliberate way, to ensure you get the most outside help possible? i just thought hawthorn, with is proud and successful past wouldnt feel the need to do this so dramatically

toby, I asked you about this earlier in the thread. Still waiting for a response.

astro_toby said:
dud caoch like wallace? hmm, thats a stupid comment.

So is saying he took over a wooden spoon side (Footscray) when patently he didn't.

i dont think we are "heading for the stars", but im at least proud that we aren't limiting our success to 5 years over a 10year period.

What are you limiting your success to then? From what I can see, Richmond hasn't had any success of any real note since 1980. If you are talking about success for the next few years, it hasn't happened yet (if at all).

one priority pick every 3-4years should be enough for a club to rebuild, thats all im saying.

So it's okay to exploit the system (see below) so long as you only do it 'every 3-4 years'? Seeing as how this is our 2nd p/pick ever, seeing as how we've never finished dead-set last (and enabled us access to 'exploit' the psd for uncontracted players) it's reasonably equitable to what Richmond's 'exploits' have been to this stage.

Cake and eating it.

i think its wrong to exploit the system so you can bleed the most possible out of it - i bet you are the same ppl who critised stkilda for doing the same about 6years back?

Actually no, personally I didn't blame them one iota. Shocking list, clear it out, bring in kids and take the hit for a short time. Btw, Saints are the only side to miss out on a p/pick by a halfgame (draw). They've had a grand total of TWO p/picks (Reiwoldt, Ball) as well. Given that was four/five drafts ago, it's almost to your 'every three/four' years scenario anyway, only crunched over two shocking (similar to the HFC) seasons.

Pot/kettles and 2004. Where were you this time 12 months ago with all of this guff?

Oh that's right.. it's okay if it's only once every three/four years...

This is what ********es me off :mad:

also if your supporters were in there supporting the club and turning up you would never of played in tasmania.

All good and well to say if you play well you draw 60,000. You dont play well very often and your supporters decide to stay home. Turn up and you can play more in melbourne!

Clowns who dont know anything about the state of the club and make comments like this. These are also the same clowns who claim we get AFL handouts. Or we should locate to Hobart and become the Hobart Hawks even though we play in Launsestan and they hate Hobartians.

There the sought of people that ******** me off, as well as the people who say we wear ******** and Poo, there usually Magpie supporters :mad:

So my knee jerk reaction is to say at least we wear it on our football jumpers and not on our casual wear.

Most Magpie supporters can't afford a Lexus yet they are proud of there sponsorship it doesnt make sense :confused:

Its the same with Richmond fans who tell about how proud they are to sign up as members, when we all know they are only going to end up burning it, swolling it, burrying it, throwing it out, running it over or just tearing it up.

Mighty Hawk said:
This is what i was saying last night.

I am sure the AFL has guaranteed us MCG home games for future years.

If we are smart we will get them to give us more blockbuster games as well. ;)
I agree, interesting for all the talk there was out there about challenges no one has stepped up. Thats only going to be good for club unity. Its probably to late for someone to step up now anyway.

Guess what fella's.

North have 8 home games
Melbourne 9 home games
Bulldogs 9 home games
Richmond 11 home games
St.Kilda 9 home games
Geelong 11 home games
Carlton 11 home games
Collingwood 11 home games
Essendon 11 home games
We have 7 home games.

What a draw :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkk said:
Well its actually a 12-14 game membership.

I agree Jackson so much for loyalty to the fans :thumbsdown:

Dude stop stressing we will get our 12 games at the MCG.

Not going to get ripped off.

CHILL!

Hawkk said:
Guess what fella's.

North have 8 home games
Melbourne 9 home games
Bulldogs 9 home games
Richmond 11 home games
St.Kilda 9 home games
Geelong 11 home games
Carlton 11 home games
Collingwood 11 home games
Essendon 11 home games
We have 7 home games.

This is a ********ing disgrace.

We have a game in Geelong as well.

The funny thing is the CEO is happy with the draw.

Our flashback to the 1980's game could be against the Lions at the Gold Coast im hearing now...Great there our major rival ?

This isnt the club I have supported through thick and thin over the years anymore...This is crap. I dont care about the Commenwealth games, we are the only club which is putting ourselves out for it. I dont care what you say or what ever, this to me highlights the incompetence of Ian ********'er and his team. Either that or the AFL has no respect for this footy club and the 1 000's of people who support the club.

To think Andrew Demetri"who" once donned the brown and gold :thumbsdown:

Yesterday our CEO our good friend "Robbo" :thumbsdown: was bragging about making a profit this year. I dont give a ******** about Hawthorn and money I care about Hawthorn, identity, pride and wins..in that order.

I cant see how a club with 30 000 members who signed up at our lowest ebb in 50 years could be treated like this.

We forged a reputation for not caring about the dollar but for the fans, and as a result had the highest membership in Victoria; the first in Victoria to pass 30 000. Now look at us. I used to be proud to be a Hawthorn fan, now Im ashamed.

I dont care if this is for one year or 100 years this shouldnt be happening. To say we dont get the people through the gates is bull********.
Vic League Position
1999-4th 5th 9th
2000-6th 7th 8th
2001-5th 4th 6th
2002-3rd 3rd 10th
2003-5th 6th 9th
2004-8th 12th 15th
2005-6th 8th 14th

I think there is something else to it, maybe we do have serious financial problems. A corrupt board etc etc.

I dont see why we are the only team which has to make way for the Commenwealth games

HAHA you have surpassed you first post rant!

Im proud of you.

Dude, you are taking this too hard.

Or probably i dont care about it as much as you.

I am more concerned about getting the on field team right.

Mighty Hawk said:
Dude stop stressing we will get our 12 games at the MCG.

Not going to get ripped off.

CHILL!
No we wont we have 2 home games at the ******** box, thanks to the Commenwealth games...1 against Collingwood :eek:

We have 1 game in Geelong, 3 games in Tassie, 2 games in Queensland, at least 1 game in WA, probably 1 game in Adelaide.

At worst thats 15 games at the MCG and TDome, at worst its a 12 game Melbourne membership.

Add in the 2 games at the tdome, and probably another another 2 games there as visitors and thats.....8-10 games at the "g"

Mighty Hawk said:
HAHA you have surpassed you first post rant!

Im proud of you.

Dude, you are taking this too hard.

Or probably i dont care about it as much as you.

I am more concerned about getting the on field team right.
We cant get the on field right if we travel every week.
I think its time I left this thread

Hawkk said:
We cant get the on field right if we travel every week.

What doesnt kill us, makes us stronger.

West Coast, Swans, Freo, Adelaide, Port all travel every second week.

Who have won the GF the past 5 + years.

Hawkk said:
I think its time I left this thread

HAHA dude, dont be like that :)

Mighty Hawk said:
What doesnt kill us, makes us stronger.

West Coast, Swans, Freo, Adelaide, Port all travel every second week.

Who have won the GF the past 5 + years.

HAHA dude, dont be like that :)
Guess so, but if you lived in Adelaide or Perth wouldnt it be a good experience leaving town. Especially Adelaide ;)

Hawkk said:
Guess so, but if you lived in Adelaide or Perth wouldnt it be a good experience leaving town. Especially Adelaide ;)

Im going to try and suck in my mates to head to the cararra game
with me next year :D

I just saw that i have posted 42 times in this thread, im going for the
magic 100! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do I bother supporting Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back